Eli Jas, Lino Martone & More Set for Telemundo's BUSCANDO MI RITMO
Hosted by international television star Gaby Espino, Telemundo's new music competition "Buscando Mi Ritmo," slated to premiere Saturday, July 19th at 6pmET/5c and 10pm PT, named today New York based singer Eli Jas, Venezuelan actor/singer Lino Martone, Dominican actor/singer Jose Guillermo Cortines and Mexican actress Tali Duclaud as the four celebrity contestants who will partner with up-and-coming musical bands that are looking to establish themselves in the music industry. Singer-songwriter Erika Ender and radio personality Humberto "El Gato" Rodriguez were also announced as judges who together with four mentors from different music genres - Pop, Mexican, Rock, and Tropical - will judge the performances through the six-episode series.
In partnership with Bud Light, Telemundo is introducing this new long-form branded musical competition to search for the unique sound that turns a singer into a star. After national castings, "Buscando Mi Ritmo" identified the top 20 bands, four of which, Bachaco, Odas, Los Hollywood, and Avenida Zero, were selected to participate in the music competition. The winner of "Buscando Mi Ritmo" will be unveiled during a Blue carpet performance at Telemundo's 2014 "Premios Tu Mundo" awards show in Miami on Thursday, August 21st. In addition, the winning band will be awarded a special cash prize and Gibson musical instruments, while the winning celebrity will be presented with a $25,000 donation to a charity of their choice.
- Eli Jas - The native New Yorker of Chilean, Panamanian and Dominican heritage, is already shaking up the Latin Music Industry with her contagious Bachata grooves and mix of R&B, Pop and Latin rhythms. Her debut single/video, "Tu Me Haces Volar" was recently released. Her charity of choice is Greater Miami Youth Symphony, a nonprofit organization created to foster a love of music in young people while enriching the cultural life of the community.
- Lino Martone - The Venezuelan actor, formerly a member of the popular music group Los Chamos, has participated in various telenovelas including Telemundo original productions "Marido en Alquiler," "Corazon Valiente," "Mi Corazon Insiste," "El Fantasma de Elena," as well as episodes of the hit series "Decisiones." As a singer, his single "Vive la Vida," became a hit in Spain before crossing over to the U.S. His charity of choice is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the nonprofit medical foundation dedicated to pediatric treatment and research facility focused on children's catastrophic diseases.
- Jose Guillermo Cortines - Born in Dominican Republic, the actor-singer has participated in TV shows, film, theater and telenovelas, including Telemundo's original productions "Marido en Alquiler," "Corazón Valiente," "El Rostro de Analia" and "Mas Sabe el Diablo," as well as the award-winning web series "Mia Mundo." His charity of choice is Kakes 4 Kids, an organization dedicated to celebrate the birthdays of over 300 foster and underprivileged children in South Florida.
- Tali Duclaud - This young accomplished Mexican actress has participated in Telemundo's popular telenovelas "Pecados Ajenos," "Mas Sabe el Diablo" and "Aurora," as well as the award-winning series, "Secreteando." Her charity of choice is Make-A-Wish, the foundation that grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories.
- Erika Ender - A respected singer and songwriter who is considered one of the most prolific composers in the Spanish-language music industry. She has written for artists such as Chayanne, Gloria Trevi, Ednita Nazario, Ana Barbara, and Gilberto Santa Rosa, garnering various Grammy and Latin Grammy nominations and multiple Latin Billboard Music Awards.
- Humberto "El Gato" Rodriguez - DJ, radio personality and TV host. Currently hosts the morning show at Mega 94.9 FM in South Florida and the afternoon drive-in for more than twelve radio stations across the U.S. He has hosted programs on Spanish-language stations in the United States as well as in Dominican Republic and his native Colombia. Throughout his career, he has interviewed the most distinguished singers in the industry, including Sting, Marc Anthony, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Alejandro Fernandez, Paulina Rubio and the popular Mexican rock band, Maná, among others.
Competing music bands:
- Bachaco - A six-member Latin Alternative reggae band whose members are from all over the Caribbean and South America. Their music style ranges from rock to reggae, folk to hip-hop.
- Odas - A pop/rock band whose members are from Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru and Colombia. Their sound compares to popular bands like The Cranberries, La Oreja de VanGogh, La Quinta Estación and Mecano.
- Los Hollywood - A Southern California band with British rock and Latin pop influences combined to create a sound between No Doubt and The Pretenders.
- Avenida Zero - A Spanish pop-rock band with intense lyrics, big sound, catchy chord progressions and advanced production rapidly placing its footprint in the Latin rock music community.