Amazon Greenlights Season 3 of Emmy -Winning Original Drama THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
Amazon today announced it has greenlit a third season of the original dramatic series THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE . Additionally, Eric Overmyer (Treme, Bosch, The Affair) will serve as showrunner and executive producer for this new season. Seasons one and two of the Emmy Award-winning drama series are now available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in the US, UK, Germany and Austria via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at http://amazon.com/originals. Following in the footsteps of its first season, Season Two of The Man in the High Castle premiered with the most viewers over its debut weekend of all scripted Amazon Original Series.
The Man in the High Castle stars Alexa Davalos (Mob City), Rupert Evans (American Pastoral), Luke Kleintank (Pretty Little Liars), DJ Qualls (Z Nation), Joel De La Fuente (Hemlock Grove), Brennan Brown (Focus), Bella Heathcote (The Neon Demon), and Callum Keith Rennie (Longmire), with Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (Revenge) and Rufus Sewell (Victoria). The series was developed by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files), with Ridley Scott (The Martian), David W. Zucker (The Good Wife), Richard Heus (Ugly Betty), Isa Dick Hackett (The Adjustment Bureau), and Daniel Percival (Banished) serving as executive producers for Season Three.
"As timely as ever, the exploration of characters at a dark point for humanity has provided incredible stories for two seasons," said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios. "Eric and his team are doing an incredible job crafting stories about the inner lives of those who struggle to do good in a world that is not. We couldn't be more excited to bring season three to customers in 2017."
Season two has an average customer rating of 4.6 stars. Here is what customers have been saying:
- "Set in a dystopian future where the Allies lose the war, it is a brilliant piece with an interesting plot line and interesting characters to match."
- "...A terrific television drama in all of the ways I was expecting - it's an intelligently written and competently directed adaptation of what seems like a truly great Science fiction classic."
- "The screenplay is mesmerizing, and the sets beyond perfection, giving you an idea of what America would have been."
- "The Man in the High Castle is phenomenal television in every sense."
- "This show has one of the best possible premises in the history of television."
Based on Philip K. Dick's Hugo Award-winning 1962 alternate history novel, season two of the one-hour drama series The Man in the High Castle continues to explore what would have happened if the Allied Powers had lost World War II. While Germany controls much of the East Coast and Japan controls the West Coast, the Rocky Mountains have become a "neutral zone"-and ground zero for a resistance, led by a mysterious figure known only as "the Man in the High Castle." While some citizens struggle against the fear, oppression and inequality, others accept their lives, as compromised and unfulfilling as they might be. But after a series of enigmatic films surface depicting a world vastly different from their own, some begin to question the very nature of their reality.
Eric Overmyer has writing and producing credits that include St. Elsewhere, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Homicide: Life on the Street, Law & Order, The Wire, New Amsterdam and Treme, which he created with David Simon, and adapting Amazon Original Series BOSCH for television. He has four Writers Guild nominations, three Emmy nominations, two Edgar nominations and a Humanitas nomination. With his colleagues, he has shared a Writers Guild award and an Edgar award for The Wire, and a Peabody award and a PEN teleplay award for Treme.
The first two seasons of The Man in the High Castle are now available for Prime members to stream and enjoy using the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/originals, at no additional cost to their membership. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
About Amazon Video Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Amazon Channels: Over 80 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership - to view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and Current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
About Amazon Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.