Page: 1

Olga Merediz Tony Nod. Very well deserving.

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am so happy for Olga. She is one of those actresses that has been around forever. Always doing wonderful work. From off-broadway to replacing people on broadway. From national tours to regional. She is a true theater person. The kind I am so glad to finally see recognized. FELICIDADES MIJA!
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/14/08 at 11:37 AM
theaternut Profile Phototheaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She really deserves it. Not just for this performance. But in regards to this performance.. she manages to breathe life into a very generic but enjoyable show. Love her. And what a great voice. I hope she wins.
Iris Chacon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She is my choice.
Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!
broadwayfan7 Profile Photobroadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am happy for her as well.
"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."
Testing1232 Profile PhotoTesting1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And she really is a sweetheart !!! So happy for her !
crushgroove
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
She brings down the house with Paciencia Y Fe (Patience and Faith) like very no other. She is the real deal. She is amazing.
Iris Chacon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes.. a true broadway baby. The real deal.
Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!
theaternut Profile Phototheaternut Profile Photo
theaternut
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She is very humble at the stage door.
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile PhotoWiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Agreed...she is really effective in IN THE HEIGHTS. Laura has it in the bag but I hope Merediz at least has a shot.
Current Avatar: Cynthia Erivo, bringing down the house in The Color Purple.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Can't root for Laura since I have always gotten the understudy whenever I see a show she is in.
Drunk Chita Rivera Profile PhotoDrunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually didn't love her in In The Heights, but her acting is greta, sometimes she's annoying. But I am rooting for her all the way!
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Girl.. have another.
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Olga is my choice to win.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
antz
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Her performance of PYF in ITH is definitely a show stopper. A well deserved nomination. Congrats!
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would LOVE to see her win.
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am looking for any interviews with her. If anyone has any they can post I would appreciate it.
NYCboy2 Profile PhotoNYCboy2 Profile Photo
NYCboy2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Congratulations to Olga!
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was walking by the theater with a friend the other day when he asked who was nominated. I mentioned Lin-Manuel and Robin, and, by then we're passing the stage door and all of a sudden Merediz pokes her head out (in costume, as it was mid-show). So I point and say to my friend "she was nominated, as well." Merediz waved, I congratulated her and she mouthed "thank you."

Only in NY.
Drunk Chita Rivera Profile PhotoDrunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why was she in costume outside? That seems weird. But whatever, she is so sweet every time I see her!
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When I saw the show she got a brief but heart felt standing ovation. Much deserved nom!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian