Page: 1

Seat Our Delegates.com

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seat Our Delegates.com#1
Posted: 3/27/08 at 7:46am
An online petition to seat the delegates from Florida and Michigan. Click on your state (you can be from any state) and help send a message to the credentials committee that the 50-state strategy must include all 50 states.

===

The Petition

We, the Black Sheep Delegation of the Democratic party, demand that the Democratic National Committee recognize the results of Florida's and Michigan's primaries and seat our delegates at the 2008 Democratic National Convention.

On January 15, 2008, 572,129 Michigan Democrats voted in the Democratic primary even though two of the three frontrunners for the nomination had pulled their names from the ballot.

On January 29, 2008, 1.7 million Floridians voted in the Democratic primary despite being told repeatedly by those outside the state that their votes wouldn't count.

We voted in record numbers because we are deeply concerned about the future of our country. We are thinking about the economy, national security, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, energy independence, the environment, and health care. We are not concerned with primary schedules.

We are private citizens, and we are not responsible for the tug-of-war between the state Democratic parties and the DNC. We demand that our votes be counted now before the primary seasons ends. We will not be subjected to another vote or a caucus.

Howard Dean's "50-state strategy" was credited with returning the House and Senate to the Democrats in 2006. Do not leave Florida and Michigan voters out in 2008. Count our votes now, or you can't count on us to vote in November.

SIGN THE PETITION

Total Signature Count to Date: 9,420
Seat Our Delegates
paradox_error Profile Photoparadox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seat Our Delegates.com#2
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:37am
"On January 15, 2008, 572,129 Michigan Democrats voted in the Democratic primary even though two of the three frontrunners for the nomination had pulled their names from the ballot.

On January 29, 2008, 1.7 million Floridians voted in the Democratic primary despite being told repeatedly by those outside the state that their votes wouldn't count."

You know, that just about sums up everything. Seating the delegates from these two states would be completely inequitable, considering the circumstances of the votes. Especially Michigan...

I don't agree with what happened, but everyone involved knew exactly how it was going to be. If Obama had overwhelmingly won the two states, I doubt most of the people fighting for the delegates to be seated would say anything. And if Hillary had Obama's lead right now, I bet there would be barely any discussion of this either...
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seat Our Delegates.com#2
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:46am
Dean was always going to have the Rules committee "seat" them at the convention but not let them cast votes for president.

It was a stupid idea and it only would have worked if there was a clear winner before the convention, rendering their votes powerless.

He never thought the race would be so close that their votes would matter--and he SHOULD have! He of all people should have solved this situation before January in a way that let every vote count.

Now he and Obama's lawyers are disenfranchising 2.2 million people. That, in itself, ought to be illegal.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: Seat Our Delegates.com#3
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:49am
Um, Obama's side never does anything that isn't hopeful, uniting, warm, fuzzy and delightful. I don't know where you're getting your information, but if Obama's name is attached, there can be no stink whatsoever.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Seat Our Delegates.com#4
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:53am
"Count our votes now, or you can't count on us to vote in November."

That's uplifting. I can't see any fairness at all to just counting the votes as they were taken, considering the circumstances.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sit on our delegates.com#5
Posted: 3/27/08 at 11:57am
phylly speaks the "truth".
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sit on our delegates.com#6
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:01pm
Obama = Jesus Christ.
....but the world goes 'round
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
sit on our delegates.com#7
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:02pm
Obama? Jesus Christ!
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sit on our delegates.com#8
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:04pm
Do not mock the Savior.
Updated On: 3/27/08 at 12:04 PM
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sit on our delegates.com#9
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:04pm
If Obama = Jesus Christ, how can Richardson = Judas?
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sit on our delegates.com#10
Posted: 3/27/08 at 12:06pm
Obama is the son of the Almighty come to lead His sheep to the promised land. Laugh all you want, but when he wins and his halo is restored ye shall know the TRUTH.