Page: 1

Cicily Daniels to be Ursula this weekend.

ALackOfColor Profile PhotoALackOfColor Profile Photo
ALackOfColor
Swing
Swing
Cicily Daniels to be Ursula this weekend.#1
Posted: 3/24/08 at 12:01am
I know some folks got tickets/were planning to go this weekend to see Heidi Blickenstaff go on as Ursula in TLM. Heidi posted earlier on the [title of show] blog that she still hasn't fully recovered from her knee injury and will not be going on for Sherie - instead, Cicily Daniels will be Ursula on the 29th and 30th.

Just figured I'd share the news, in case some who were planning on going for Heidi don't check the [tos] blog every day like I do. I'm sure Cicily will do a great job, but the lack of Heidi is totes dissapointing. Link to the blog entry is below.

[blog]
suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photosuicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is anyone going? I want to hear how she does.
Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.
E.Davis Profile PhotoE.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i would want recording to see or hear how she sounds and portrays he differently than SRS
"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the info. I had planned on getting standing room to see Heidi. Looks like I won't have to now. I hope she gets well soon.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
dancingthrulife04 Profile Photodancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for the heads up, now I know not to get the tickets. Hope she feels better soon.
http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Ole Chum
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
cicily was a particularly bland soloist in the RENT ensemble, but she does have a killer voice.

ski2904 Profile Photoski2904 Profile Photo
ski2904
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I'll be seeing the show on Saturday, so I'll try to let everyone know how it goes.

I would have loved to have seen Heidi play Ursula if it wasn't going to be Sherie Rene Scott, since i am a big time [tos]er but oh well.
Charlie No-One
Stand-by
Stand-by
How was Cicily as Ursula?
chenofan Profile Photochenofan Profile Photo
chenofan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Had friend go last night and thought she was great! Sorry that I do not have more details!
"You look like a Christmas tree with a drinking problem!" - MEMPHIS
phantomo88 Profile Photophantomo88 Profile Photo
phantomo88
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Clip of cicily singing PUS at an event:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8po5gq
Charlie No-One
Stand-by
Stand-by
I don't care for her version of Ursula. It sounds a bit valley girlish. Thanks for posting it though.
Updated On: 3/30/08 at 05:17 PM
popular_elphie Profile Photopopular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just saw her for the matinee. I had bought a full price ticket just to see Heidi, but was excited to see Cicily after having seen her perform "Poor Unfortunate Souls" at an At This Performance concert.

She was phenomenal, and made me actually enjoy the character of Ursula. It's common knowledge that I don't care for Sherie's interpretation, and I think Cicily was true to the Ursula everyone loves while still making it her own. She was incredibly sassy and powerful. Her singing was fantastic. Besides her, the rest of the show seemed sort of off - many of the voices were all over the place. And I really didn't love Trevor as Flounder as much as I like Brian.
And then what if you are?
What a Prince would envision?
Although how can you know who you are till you know
What you want, which you don't?
So then which do you pick:
Where you're safe, out of sight, And yourself, but where everything's wrong?
Or where everything's right And you know that you'll never belong?
metoog Profile Photometoog Profile Photo
metoog
Stand-by
Stand-by
I saw the Saturday matinee and loved Cicily! I was disappointed that Sierra was not in, but Betsy Morgan was a pleasure to watch and sounded great!
"there are people in our lives who change us in a way that nobody else can, and it's not necessarily the people you expect," Menzel
ski2904 Profile Photoski2904 Profile Photo
ski2904
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I, too, saw the matinee on Saturday, and Cicily's interpretation on the role is more like the movie than Sherie's, but was still good.

About Betsy as Ariel, I thought she did a good job, but she seemed to play the role a little more mature than Sierra, especially during "Beyond My Wildest Dreams".
Charlie No-One
Stand-by
Stand-by
Anything that each actress did that stuck out?
it'sjustshowbiz Profile Photoit'sjustshowbiz Profile Photo
it'sjustshowbiz
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I respect Betsy's more mature Ariel. She didn't overact.

Cicly was a younger Ursula. I liked her voice, but her articulation seemed a bit off. She seemed not to fully pronounce all her vowels (like I've heard many singers do). I didn't think she was that much like the movie Ursula. I had the feeling that she was still a glamor queen, not a fallen glamor queen like SRS's.