Page: 1

Finding Aretha Franklin tickets

broadway_baby4
Stand-by
Stand-by
Finding Aretha Franklin tickets#1
Posted: 3/13/08 at 6:10pm
hey everyone!
I'm coming in to new york, and am obviously seeing many shows. However, I just extended my trip, and found out that I'm going to be there friday, the 21st, when Aretha Franklin is performing at Radio City. I'm a huge fan of hers, and was really excited when I found out I could maybe go.

The problem? The only tickets left are the wheelchair accessible seats, which I am not allowed to buy. Besides scalpers and Ebay, does anyone here know any way I could get tickets? I know it's a longshot, but I figured I'd ask around here anyway. Please let me know! Thanks everyone!
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Finding Aretha Franklin tickets#2
Posted: 3/13/08 at 6:49pm
Are you SURE you want to see her? Given her near-elephantine state her voice is shot.

If you do want to see her, you could just go to the b/o the day of the show to see if there are cancellations.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Finding Aretha Franklin tickets#2
Posted: 3/13/08 at 7:48pm
article online today says she's about to lose her mansion in Detroit....due to owing $19,000in back taxes.......
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956