Page: 1

Vantage Point

keen on kean Profile Photokeen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Vantage Point#1
Posted: 2/22/08 at 4:49pm
I saw this movie this afternoon, and was tremendously disappointed. The trailer was interesting, and the cast includes some wonderful actors. But the plot "gimmick" is tiresome and ineffective, and the plot elements are so outrageously improbable that the audience laughed at several inappropriate places. I have seen so many awful movies in the past month that I think I will just give up and wait for Indiana Jones in May.
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#2
Posted: 2/22/08 at 4:54pm
Damn!!!! I was excited to see this movie
mmousefan Profile Photommousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Vantage Point#2
Posted: 2/22/08 at 4:57pm
that's oke seeing Le Quaid and Le Fox will be enough....
just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....
Kasie Profile PhotoKasie Profile Photo
Kasie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#3
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:25am
^ yes i agree. i will only go to see matthew fox. i was hoping it was going to be good too...but oh well i guess.
Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#4
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:57am
Go see IN BRUGES instead.
keen on kean Profile Photokeen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#5
Posted: 2/23/08 at 11:15am
Go see ANYTHING instead.

I was looking forward to seeing Fox, too, because I like him in LOST. And I thought Forrest Whitaker was a plus, but he is wasted. His part is big but underwritten.

And Zoe Saldana - she reads her lines clearly and slowly and exactly the same way, like an untrained 14 year old in a high school play. And she is going to be Uhura in the Star Trek movie?!? Star Fleet, we have a problem.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#6
Posted: 2/23/08 at 3:38pm
I figured this was a bad movie simply because it's a high profile film that is being released in February, and we all know what that usually means.
I'll rent this one. I looooove Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
mmousefan Profile Photommousefan Profile Photo
mmousefan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Vantage Point#7
Posted: 2/23/08 at 5:13pm
rental would be okay, but there's nothing like seeing someone hot projected that BIG. I know just the Fox fan to take with me, which should get him in a very good mood for some post-popcorn pep. As to the "big release delayed until February" phenom, I'll start watching out for that, great tip, thanks!
just keep swimming along, don't rise to the....
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#8
Posted: 2/23/08 at 6:28pm
Reviews are in, and they ain't good. My favorite line comes from the Variety review:

All the actors star in their own little part of the tale, which repeats itself like a bad burrito, each segment tossing off bland revelations and cliffhangers that gradually spell out the absurd machinations setting things in motion.

Ouch!
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#9
Posted: 2/23/08 at 6:35pm
I entered the tivo contest and hopefully I'll win that hot new camera!

But, with my luck, I won't, but a boy can dream.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
James885 Profile PhotoJames885 Profile Photo
James885
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#10
Posted: 2/23/08 at 10:55pm
SPOILERS FOLLOW:

I just got back from the movie. Very dissapointed. Most of the movie is comprised of one action sequence after another with no room to breathe in between. The freeze-and-rewind gimmick got very old after the 2nd time, and there were groans from the audience when it kept happening again and again.

There were some very totally unbelievable aspects of the movie. One thing I just couldn't buy was the fast that the character played by Forest Whitaker had a video camera that was apparently indestuctable. I don't know of ANY home video camera that, after being thrown to the ground in an explosion, still functions normally.

Another thing was when Dennis Quaid's character had his car slammed against a brick wall by a large truck and then proceeded to get out of the car seemingly unharmed with nothing more than a few scratches and continue to chase the bad guys on foot.

All in all, just a big dissapointment. When I saw the trailer, I thought this film was going to be great, but it turned out to be just a ho-hum flick.
"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#11
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:26am
saw this last night....LOVED IT, love the way they developed it, really kept you on your toes......I love when a movie is presented ina different way.

also saw The Other Boleyn Girl......yawn, although the one scene of Eric Bana with his shirt off was woerth it.
I'm sure the book is better....but this one was a yawner for me.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
lovelyspotlight Profile Photolovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Vantage Point#12
Posted: 3/28/08 at 11:41am
I thought Vantage Point was entertaining, at least. Yes, I laughed at a few points. Hah, maybe more than a few points. But, all in all, I had an enjoyable experience. But I don't think it's a great film, no.