Page: 1

This is what politicians do to get ahead?

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is what politicians do to get ahead?#1
Posted: 2/20/08 at 2:39pm
So I'm not an expert on politics, especially contemporary politics, but are these sort of tactics really necessary? I know politics is a "dirty game" and what not, but I don't see how even Republicans who are VERY against Democrats can't see this as extreme.
?
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
amalou Profile Photoamalou Profile Photo
amalou
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Is this a joke? All that dramatic music...and it's just a few protesters demonstrating against a recruitment center. And it's the protesters getting pushed to the ground.

This is the worst extremist liberal activity? Yeah, liberals are reeeaaaally evil. Just look how evil. Standing in front of a door and causing some inconvinience for marine recruiters!

People have got to get the romantic idealism of war out of their heads. It's not all bravery and glory and heroism. I'm not saying I hate our military or our army or anything. My cousin fought in Iraq...and it messed him up for life. When I see images of grandmothers and their children in Iraq getting blown up, shot, beaten, Iraqi girls getting raped and their families getting killed, Iraqi civilians getting tortured...it's hard for me to feel appauled that a marine had a little trouble getting into or out of a recruitment building one day.
"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 02:56 PM
Shawk Profile PhotoShawk Profile Photo
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ridiculous.

Then again, I'm a "liberal commie pinko" who lives near "Berzerkley," so clearly I must support all aspects of "liberal wacko" Berkeley as I attempt to destroy our freedoms by hating the United States and our military. Right.
'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
amalou Profile Photoamalou Profile Photo
amalou
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It's amazing how things like peace and equality have become "crazy liberal" ideas. It's also interesting how extreme right wing Americans feel so terribly threatened by "crazy liberal" ideas.
"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The "glamour and heroism" of war?

They should try reading some of the war poems by Wilfred Owen, such as "Dulce et decorum est". And he was writing about World War I--how much worse must it be now that we have so many more "sophisticated" ways to kill and maim people? You don't have to be a "liberal commie pinko" to hate war--soldiers and their commanders hate war. Wars may be necessary at times, but they should never be loved.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#5
Posted: 2/20/08 at 3:12pm
what's wrong with it?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#6
Posted: 2/20/08 at 3:48pm
It just seems to me to be completely exaggerated to the point where I don't understand why even very left-wing Republicans would take something like this seriously.

Are these videos common in political campaigning? Democrats or Repbulicans, I don't know.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#7
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:02pm
the city called the united states marines "uninvited and unwelcome intruders" and demanded that they leave the city.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#8
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:05pm
I could take a video of Westboro's people demonstrating at a funeral, extrapolate that all right wing religious people are like that and make an anti-McCain commercial out of it, but of course I wouldn't because that would be totally nonsensical.
'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#9
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:07pm
but no one would take you seriously as anything but a threat to the united states since you're a commie.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Shawk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#10
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:12pm
Well, and of course I live in California, which makes what I say automatically suspect.
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#11
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:17pm
ASK THE CLINTONS! this is what politicians do to get ahead?

J*
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#12
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:23pm
It's Berkeley--the bastion of liberalism in America and home to Chez Panisse and the French Laundry (technically Yountville, I know)--what did they expect? And if the city votes to discourage military recruitment is that any different than these idiot school boards who require the teaching of creationism?

They also have a valid point--the Marines discriminate against gays and that is a very gay friendly area.

I think they should let the Marines in there and then make it very uncomfortable and impractical to stay. Like when girls enroll at military academies.
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is what politicians do to get ahead?#13
Posted: 2/20/08 at 4:39pm
i only hope that they will and that other comunities follow suit and start to make life uncomfortable and impractical for people who don't agree with the majority of their community.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort