Page: 1

My Step-Mother Just Witnessed a Shooting in her Classroom

WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I posted this under a previous subject line.....but every in my family is very rattled. She's the sweetest person I know.

It's happened in her class. She's the instructor:

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7842633

(Baton Rouge, LA - WAFB) Baton Rouge police say a young woman killed two female students in a classroom at a vo-tech college today, then killed herself.

The school says ICare counselors are currently on-site providing support for students, faculty, staff, and family members.

Officials say classes have been canceled for the remainder of the day, and an announcement will be made regarding classes resuming for next week.

Sergeant Don Kelly says police do not know the women's names or ages, or whether the killer was also a student at Louisiana Technical College.

He says the first two women killed apparently were in their seats in the second-floor classroom.

The incident occurred shortly after 8:30 a.m. Kelly says Baton Rouge police got many cell phone calls saying people had been shot.

tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow. I can't imagine how horrible it must have been to see that..
Is she ok?
....but the world goes 'round
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG. Is she OK?
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, she's fine.....so far the school is in lockdown while the police question everyone....she's being questioned as a witness.
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When it hits her she is really gonna be freaked. I know I would be.
....but the world goes 'round
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, how awful! I hope she'll be ok. I can't imagine how horrible it must have been.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh wow! That's awful! Best wishes to your step-mom, and everyone involved. What a terrible thing to have happen.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com
xxnewgirlxx Profile Photoxxnewgirlxx Profile Photo
xxnewgirlxx
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This rash of shootings lately has rattled me. This one, the one in MO., the one at Lane Bryant..and the guy that shot his teacher wife in front of her young students..
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
More Details:

From what we’ve gathered from my Step-Mom, the student/shooter came to see her this morning, asking for a transfer to another school. The student was calm, pleasant and positive to her. The two of them even had a “nice chat” together. My step-mom granted the student’s transfer request, and told her that she could pick up the paperwork later that afternoon. The student left her office, went to the 2nd floor classroom, and began shooting. my step-mom was not in the classroom during the shooting.

She is still at the school right now, being interviewed and debriefed. Classes are cancelled for the rest of the day, as well as Monday and Tuesday.
ShbrtAlley44 Profile PhotoShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh God, how terrible.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yikes. So she missed it by a few moments, that's all?
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is really scary. I'm glad that she wasn't harmed.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
roquat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's really frightening that the shooter was proceeding as if it were a normal day. Your stepmother is very lucky. I hope she'll get over this.
I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is so frightening. I am glad she alright. It is a good thing she granted the girl's request, though. I don't want to think what could have happened if she had refused the transfer.
PEACE.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yikes, glad she is ok.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956