Page: 1

Peggy Noonan fires a shot - at Hillary's head.

DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Deep down journalists think she's a political Rasputin who will not be dispatched. Prince Yusupov served him cupcakes laced with cyanide, emptied a revolver, clubbed him, tied him up and threw him in a frozen river. When he floated to the surface they found he'd tried to claw his way from under the ice. That is how reporters see Hillary.

And that is a grim and over-the-top analogy, which I must withdraw. What I really mean is they see her as the Glenn Close character in "Fatal Attraction": "I won't be ignored, Dan!"

Full article link.
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
piggy nutcase noonan can effin eat rocks.
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eek--Am I agreeing with Peggy Noonan? Or should I be paranoid and just think that she's trying to get us to vote for Obama cause she knows the Repubs think they....oh who cares?
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've been to the basement of the Yussupov Palace on the Moika in St. Petersburg. There's also a theatre in that palace and Pavlova peformed there.
re: Peggy Noonan fires a shot - at Hillary's head.
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eek--Am I agreeing with Peggy Noonan?

lildogs--that's exactly what's been creeping me out, yet you get angry at me for saying it: the nastiness of the Hillary hatred on the left mirrors the nastiness of the Hillary hatred on the right.

I don't trust that.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But see, I trust my own mind, even if it is occasionally in sync with someone with whom I'd normally disagree.

No--I get angry at you for telling ME why I feel a certain way and that it is somehow manipulated by some media/cultural/voodoo influence.

And thinking Obama has not only more momentum and is a better candidate than Hillary does not equal HATRED of Hillary. We JUST DON'T LIKE HER.

I don't like Jessica Lange either...but that doesn't make her a bad actress (automatically).
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OK I'm probably the world's biggest Obama supporter but don't agree with her assesment that Hillary is losing "this thing". In fact, after sweeping the Potomac primaries, Obama bumps up against the all-likely resurgent Clinton Machinery in Texas and Ohio in early March which will present his ultimate litmus test.

How any professional media person or policy wonk could stake his or her reputation on such a careless prognostication is beyond me. But then again, this is typical of La Noonan.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 2/8/08 at 10:53 AM
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What else is there to write about? She's got space to fill!
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's a little rebus puzzle for you:

Peggy Noonan
Writes
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What's not to like about Jessica Lange?
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That Peggy Noonan column. It's poorly written. Almost unreadable. Well, unreadable, actually. For me. I couldn't read it. I had to stop. Her style really bugged me. I couldn't read it. Remember when she could write? She could write. Back when. But not now. Not at all. And her point? I lost it.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She could write. Back when she kissed me.

Maybe kissing me. Sapped the all the lifeforce out of her.
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's beatnik journalism.

"Betty!
Judy!
Jo-sie and those hot Pussycats!
They make me horny/Saturday morny"
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Like a cat who sucks out the breath of life.

I always knew you were a pu**y.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
PJ, that would have been a great "Tales From The Darkside" episode. I'm sure Margaret O'Brien or Connie Stevens would have jumped at the chance to play Peggy Noonan.