Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC

javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#1
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:48am
Obama picks up the endorsement of an establishment Dem.
Kerry Backs Obama
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#2
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:49am
Yeah...I really don't see this one helping him very much.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#2
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:52am
It will probably be a bit awkward the next time John Edwards runs into his former running mate John Kerry at a cocktail party, however.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#3
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:55am
I surmise that it's a hint to Edwards to drop out of the race. Couldn't imagine Kerry angling for a cabinet position.
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#4
Posted: 1/10/08 at 10:59am
I still can't believe the democrats nominated this jerk 4 years ago.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#5
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:04am
He's still the best presidential candidate to come out of Massachusetts in some time. Of course, that just means he's better than the homophobic Wink Martindale clone we see now and the equally homophobic doltish dwarf of years past.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#6
Posted: 1/10/08 at 11:05am
and when obama doesn't get the nomination we can look forawrd to, "i endorsed hillary before i endorsed obama."
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#7
Posted: 1/10/08 at 1:07pm
Hi ...,

Martin Luther King said, “The time is always right to do what is right.” So I'm choosing this time to share an important decision I've made, one I believe is right for this country.

The JohnKerry.com community has been very important to me and very important to the Democratic resurgence over the last couple of years, so I wanted to let all of you know my decision before I confirm it with anyone else. I want to share with you my conviction that in a field of fine Democratic candidates, the next President of the United States can be, should be, and will be Barack Obama. Each of our candidates would make a fine President, and we are blessed with a strong field. But for this moment, at this time in our nation's history, Barack Obama is the right choice.

Please join me in supporting Barack Obama’s candidacy.

I’m proud to have helped introduce Barack to our nation when I asked him to speak to our national convention, and there Barack's words and vision burst out. On that day he reminded Americans that our “true genius is faith in simple dreams, an insistence on small miracles.” And with his leadership we can build simple dreams, and we can turn millions of small miracles into real change for our country.

At this particular moment, with our country faced with great challenges in our economy, in our environment, and in our foreign policy, and with our politics torn by division, Barack Obama can bring transformation to our country. With Barack, we can build a new majority of Americans from all regions who can turn the page on the politics of Karl Rove and begin a new politics, one worthy of our nation's history and promise. We can bring millions of disaffected people – young and old – to the great task of governing and making a difference, child to child, community to community.

Please click here to give what you can to Barack Obama’s campaign for President and help build this future for our country.

The moment is now, and the candidate for this moment is Barack Obama. Like him, I also lived abroad as a young man, and I share with him a healthy respect for the advantage of knowing other cultures and countries, not from a book or a briefing, but by personal experience, by gut, by instinct. He knows the issues from the deep study of a legislator, and he knows them from a life lived outside of Washington. His is the wisdom of real-world experience combined with the intellect of a man who has thought deeply about the challenges we face.

History has given us this moment. But we need to decide what to do with it. I believe, with this moment, we should make Barack Obama President of the United States.

Please join me in supporting his campaign.

Thank you,
John Kerry
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#8
Posted: 1/10/08 at 1:27pm
I hope he saluted when he read what someone wrote for him.

And alluding to King is crass.

His endorsement isn't worth squat.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#9
Posted: 1/10/08 at 1:32pm
I don't think this is THAT big a diss to Edwards, considering Edwards has been very critical of Kerry's campaign ever since it was over.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#10
Posted: 1/10/08 at 1:37pm
I don't either but of course CNN picked it up and ran with it. Shortly after the story broke, it took no time for johnkerry.com to start peppering inboxes all over the county with a rah-rah (click here to donate to Obama) note.

Kerry Endorses Obama from CNN
Updated On: 1/10/08 at 01:37 PM
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#11
Posted: 1/10/08 at 2:42pm
Kerry is angling for VP. Think about it. In order for Obama to win, his running mate will have to be a white man with experience.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#12
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:04pm
Ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick ick.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#13
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:14pm
Goth's post prompted me to huddle with a few colleagues. Not one of the 10 of us believes that an Obama/Kerry ticket would make it to the promised land. Hopefully Obama accepted Kerry's larger rolodex and said "Thanks dude, we'll handle it from here".

But since politics is all about horse-trading and herding cats, this is probably one of the first of a long line of Faustian deals Obama will have to ink to secure the party's nomination.

Still holding out for an Obama/Sebelius ticket because I don't see why Obama can't pick up a FEMALE running mate with real executive experience and a "Washington outsider" pedigree now that he's gaining establishment backing.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#14
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:25pm
"But since politics is all about horse-trading and herding cats, this is probably one of the first of a long line of Faustian deals Obama will have to ink to secure the party's nomination."

Obama is going to have to find someone with experience. His pie-in-the-sky ideas sound great to dreamers, but there are some reality-based Democrats who will say "Let's find someone who actually has experience doing something." Obama's weakness is that he has never governed.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#15
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:27pm
Obama Kerry will never happen. Obviously the front runner for Democratic VP right now is Richardson. Who is Sibelius (other than the composer)?
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#16
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:29pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hears "Finlandia" in his head when he sees that signature. re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#17
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:40pm
There was much mention of her possibly running for Prez on the Dem card a year ago but I'm certain the establishment told her what time it was. A possible alternate would be AZ's Governor Janet Napolitano but she has some purported negatives which the GOP would spin out of control at the national level. Anyhoo, check out Gov Sebelius' bio at the link below or wikipedia.
KS Governor Kathleen Sebelius
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#18
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:50pm
It's too bad Jennifer Granholm can't be picked.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#19
Posted: 1/10/08 at 3:56pm
I'm sorry to say this, but there are many people in the U.S. who will not vote for a black man and a woman on the same ticket. Take a trip into the South and see the racism and sexism that still exists.
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Kerry to Endorse Obama in SC#20
Posted: 1/10/08 at 4:12pm
Goth,

I grew up in NC in the 60s and tend to agree but Obama has inspired me to have the audacity of hope if you'll forgive my dropping what is quickly becoming a cliche. We have to transcend that mindset as a nation at some point and I think the time is now. Obama and Sebelius (she in particular) have the track record and popular appeal to work around some folks reservations in that regard.

Sebelius as Governor of KS reined in spending, has a moderate stance on the social issues and is rather popular. I see her as Hillary without the negatives. Plus, Obama and his running mate must snatch those 270 electoral votes in the general election by hook or crook. Sebelius is positioned perfectly to flip a few mid-western "red states". The other dream ticket put up by a few colleagues is Obama - Dianne Feinstein (US Senator of CA) but I'm leery to two senators running on the same ticket.

I’m thinking of which Dem pair can tackle some permutation of Huckabee – McCain.

Updated On: 1/10/08 at 04:12 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think he's going to need a guy. someone weighty with some pull. someone who can bring in some southern states and some red states. believe me, i'd love to see him pick a woman. it would increase exponentially my chances of geting the veep slot in the gop. or a cabinet position at the very least.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Obama/Crazy Eyes McKinney '08

Obama/Mother Sheehan '08

Obama/Rosie O'Donnell '08
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My sources inform me that Kerry is up for re-election this year with only a 47% approval rating. He's being challenged by a Democratic defense attorney Ed O'Reilly whose campaign is starting to gain traction with MA voters. Since Kerry burned bridges connecting him with the Clintons, he needs to hitch his wagon to another party national star who can get him much needed free publicity to make Kerry appear relevant still. Kerry's endorsement was self-serving.

One of my sources snidely reported that Ted Kennedy is tired of carrying him (Kerry) but I'll stay above the fray on that one. But know this, Kerry challenger Ed O'Reilly's daughter has appeared on Broadway and is a card-carrying member of the Actor's Equity Union. Ed O'Reilly's bio is available at the link below.

Kerry Challenger Ed O'Reilly
Updated On: 1/11/08 at 03:20 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Are these the same sources who advised you to back Huckabee?