Page: 1

Met Broadcasts in Movie Theaters?

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Met Broadcasts in Movie Theaters? #1
Posted: 12/27/07 at 2:50pm
Has anyone seen one of these? I'm probably going to see the Hansel & Gretel broadcast New Years day but wondered if anyone had seen one and what they thought.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 12/27/07 at 02:50 PM
AC126748 Profile PhotoAC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theeaters? #2
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:03pm
I've only seen the rebroadcasts on PBS, which are all of excellent sound/visual quality. I have tickets for the Macbeth transmission on January 12 and am looking forward to it.
"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theeaters? #2
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:07pm
I'm going to "Hansel" on New Year's Day.

The transmissions are excellent quality, visually and sound-wise. Surprising, considering the HD cameras are the size of peas.
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theeaters? #3
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:30pm
The broadcast here in Denver at United Artist Theaters in Downtown Denver. I have been meaning to go to one. We have about 6 broadcasts in the next 4 months.
Just give the world Love.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theeaters? #4
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:32pm
Yes, uncaged I believe there are 8 this year scheduled. After seeing a preview for it at Sweeney, I said, I AM going to see one this year- and with H&G next week I thought that would be interesting. I am a little stunned that it's $22 a ticket, though!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theeaters? #5
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:53pm
I counted 7 up until April. Now if you count the Hannah Montanna concert, then you have 8!!! :)

Was it Hansel & Gretal they did at Sweeney? I forget, and I was sitting right there!!!
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theaters? #6
Posted: 12/27/07 at 3:59pm
AH I misread the news item- there were 8 but one has already happened so there are 7 more to come in 2008. There was a generic ad for the Met Broadcasts, followed by a slide promoting the next show, Hansel.

And I fixed my subject line typo! Sorry!
Updated On: 12/27/07 at 03:59 PM
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theaters? #8
Posted: 12/27/07 at 4:11pm
Chicago burbs actually,
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Met Broadcasts in Movie Theaters? #9
Posted: 12/27/07 at 4:14pm
Ok...don't know why I thought you were in Denver. Maybe because of your post abot the previews before Sweeney.