What do YOU have left to do for Christmas?

Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What do YOU have left to do for Christmas?#1
Posted: 12/21/07 at 9:54am
What do YOU have left to do for Christmas?

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 12/21/07 at 09:54 AM
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#2
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:09am
please, don't remind me. I still have to wrap all of my presents, bake 3 pies and make both a christmas eve buffet and christmas dinner.
This is after I have baked 75 dozen cookies and 2 pies as well as dinner for the family every night (my family loves it when I come home for the holidays because I can actually cook).
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#2
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:13am
yikes, that's a lot to do. We've got Sweeney Todd today, Erikas performance tomorrow, I'm baking Sunday, and all else is done!
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#3
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:17am
YIKES!!!! I still have cookies to bake, a chocolate pie and meatballs to make, a few stocking stuffers to buy and the grocery shopping for Christmas dinner.
On top of that i have a houseful of company tonight, and I am still under the weather.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#4
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:59am
yikes is right Elphaba. But somehow (just like theatre) it always comes together.
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
zepka102 Profile Photozepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#5
Posted: 12/21/07 at 11:01am
I still have to drive home to spend it with my family. It's just 4 and a half hours away, but the drive across NYS is boring.

I realized a few days ago this is my first time seeing my brother since last Christmas, so I'm excited about that... being close to my siblings, we're never apart that long!
::bust a move::
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#6
Posted: 12/21/07 at 11:18am
Wow, thats a long time.

Have a safe trip up Zeppy!
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#7
Posted: 12/21/07 at 11:28am
Elphaba- I'm jealous that you get to see Erika's performance. I'm hoping to see Sweeney this week. Being Jewish, I'm done with the holidays but I have a lot of tests to take for work. I was going to ask you to post a review of White Christmas but I'm sure it will be fabulous based on the video clips I've seen. Have fun and have a wonderful holiday! mom
Broadway Bound2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 4 more days til Christmas#8
Posted: 12/21/07 at 11:30am
Wait for the amazon order to come to my apartment and then wrap all the presents.
Revolutionary Profile PhotoRevolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 4 more days til Christmas#9
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:13pm
I haven't bought presents for any of my immediate family yet. I tried to get a new wallet for my mom yesterday and I went to the Gucci store downtown and I swear it looked like a tornado hit and they had been robbed. There were no wallets left on the shelves at all. It was carazy. Anyway I'm so not in the shopping mood this year, so it looks like everyone is going to be getting pretty cash.

Oh and I desperately need to get my eyebrows waxed today. I'm feeling very she wolf.
Updated On: 12/21/07 at 12:13 PM
BroadwayBound86 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: 4 more days til Christmas#10
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:30pm
We still haven't put the tree up. It's pointless now but Christmas Eve is at our house this year so we kind of have to. I still haven't bought anything for anyone yet, which means I still need to shop and then warp everything. Gift bags are glorious things! And then bake. So much fun! Thankfully I have the next few days off!
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#11
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:32pm
I just got my mom's present today, and my dad's. Have to get something for the sister.
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#12
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:33pm
Hop the bus and get there!

See yas!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#13
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:34pm
It's more like "WHO do I have left to do before Christmas"
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#14
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:37pm
Diva- I almost choked on my food when I read your reply! I just love your wit! mom
JailyardGuy Profile PhotoJailyardGuy Profile Photo
JailyardGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#15
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:43pm
I still have to locate my Christmas spirit.

I seem to have misplaced it re: 4 more days til Christmas
Suzanne: I never use catalogs. I'd rather go in the store and see all the salespeople groveling and sucking up to you. Julia: Pardon me, I never knew they were so solicitous at the K-Mart.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#16
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:45pm
Have you looked under the mistletoe?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
DayDreamer Profile PhotoDayDreamer Profile Photo
DayDreamer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#17
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:45pm
Hanging out with a friend tonight ...

Tomorrow we have four parties starting at 3:00 pm, the last one starts at 9:00 pm.

Sunday, I am baking my mom's Christmas Cake, then preparing for Christmas Eve dinner on Monday, since I have to work during the day. Making lasagna, so it can be prepared a day ahead. And cleaning ... having 6 people over an my place must be spotless.
Celebrate Life

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. - Randy Pausch

erikaamato
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#18
Posted: 12/21/07 at 12:48pm
Oh, Diva, you scoundrel! re: 4 more days til Christmas

I was really good this year... Right on Dec. 1st, I put up and adorable pre-lit 4 foot tree in my hotel room (mutlicolored lights), and decorated it with selected ornaments from home. (There's no way all of them would fit on a small tree.) It's very festive! I've had all my shopping done for weeks...although I keep buying "extra" things when I see stuff I think friends and family would like.

We have a matinee on Christmas Day, but my husband's going to spend the morning with me, and we'll drive up to my in-laws' house after the show.

All I have left to do is wrap a few presents. re: 4 more days til Christmas

And Elphaba, I hope you enjoy White Christmas tomorrow!
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#19
Posted: 12/21/07 at 1:18pm
Jaily, I would be willing to share some of mine!
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#20
Posted: 12/21/07 at 9:35pm
I am sure we will Erika!
Jane2 Profile PhotoJane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#21
Posted: 12/21/07 at 9:39pm
I don't have much to do at Christmas time, and I'm working on Christmas. But tomorrow I do have to shop for some great stuff to put under my friend's tree. I was invited there for Christmas dinner but I have to miss it because of work~
<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#22
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:16pm
Send Christmas cards. I know, I know, they'll be late this year. I guess I'll send an email Christmas card with photo for all I can. And wrap some gifts for some folks, but most is done. And my tree is finally decorated.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#23
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:18pm
My last two packages arrived this morning and I shopped Bristol Farms today. I. am. done!
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 4 more days til Christmas#24
Posted: 12/21/07 at 10:20pm
I still need to find Jesus! Only 4 days? I'll never make it!
PEACE.