Page: 1

Decorating for Christmas--especially your tree.

singingwendy Profile Photosingingwendy Profile Photo
singingwendy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm watching this decorating show on HGTV, and they were designing this family's living room for Christmas. While they found ways to include some of the family's Santa collection and their Christmas village, they decided not to put ANY of the family's ornaments on the tree, and instead did it all in purchased ornaments in only two colors.

It got me wondering....do you decorate your tree with specially purchased, matching, color coordinated ornaments, or is your tree a collection of ornaments you've gathered over the years?

Personally, I decorate my big tree with lots of different ornaments, but have my little silver tree with purchased bright glass balls that all match.
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm with you Wendy, mine have been purchased throughout my life, and from all over the world. I could never just have two colors of round ornaments......I can go to Target and see that.
It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Elphaba Profile PhotoElphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oops, double post

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 12/12/07 at 10:07 PM
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My family's tree is a collection of ornaments. While two colors of bulbs may be "prettier", a special collection of ornaments makes the tree "ours" and special.
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have little trees all around - like a silver tree with solid colored glass balls in the dining room and an all white tree in the den - with white stars and crystals. The big tree in the living room is all colors and almost all old ornaments that have been collected over the years. It wouldn't be Christmas without that!
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mamie- that sounds lovely- any pics?
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm having problems with my camera but I will try later. I'm half asleep right now! LOL.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
singingwendy Profile Photosingingwendy Profile Photo
singingwendy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I get so much enjoyment out of looking at each of the ornaments I put on my main tree and remembering where they came from and how I aquired them, I can't imagine not putting those items on my tree. And watching this show, I just felt sorry for the five kids in the family. I just couldn't imagine my mom telling me I couldn't put my favorite ornament on the tree because it didn't match the prescribed color pallet.
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always look forward to the Horton Christmas tree ceremony on Days of Our Lives. I've pretty much stopped watching that show but I'll probably tune in at Christmas for the memories. mom
sweetestsiren Profile Photosweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We often do two trees.... a smaller one in the den with handmade or passed-down ornaments in any and all colors, and a larger gold, mauve and burgundy one upstairs. I'm actually partial to the mauve tree, since those ornaments were all passed down from my grandmother and are really beautiful.
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We have three trees at my house. One for snowmen (a decision my mom made a few years ago), one for the "nice" ornaments, and one for the rest. At my apartment, though, we have a small tree that's almost Broadway-themed with my BC/EFA ornaments and other assorted goodies.