Page: 1

Word problem: "Runtime library..." anyone else?

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
On my laptop, I have a consistently anoying Microsoft Word problem -- I'll be in a document, and then a window prompt will flash about "runtime library" expiring or some such, and it kicks me off the document and out of Word. It comes and goes, sometimes more of a pain than others, but not predictably. Sometimes, it's related to printing or going back/forth with aol/word.

Is this a Windows XP flaw? Something I can fix? Something to live with? It never means the loss of damage of a document, but it's a bitch when you're trying to finish something, and it kicks you off.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I get it in AOL not Word.
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Today, no problem, working on a 74 page document. Then at the end, after printing, etc., the "Runtime library" exceded promt again, shutting down Word, with one of those "sending a message to Microsoft" windows.

When an error is reported, and you allow the message to be sent via the internet, is your system "fixed" or resolved during th next download of Microsoft updates? I'm always fascinated by those updates, which just popup and suddenly announce themselves.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling