Page: 1

Defective CD?

Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Defective CD?#1
Posted: 11/6/07 at 6:42pm
I've been playing the Lansbury recording of GYPSY in my car quite a bit lately. Recently I popped it into my player and it wouldn't scan, so it just popped out. I tried it several times at different intervals. My other CD's--both newer and older ones--play without any difficulty.

Has anyone had this sort of problem with their CD's?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 11/6/07 at 06:42 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#2
Posted: 11/6/07 at 9:57pm
No one's had a similar problem?
RetroBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Defective CD?#2
Posted: 11/6/07 at 10:08pm
Yeah, I did with my Original Broadway Cast Album of HELLO DOLLY.
I got so frustrated that I just popped in the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Album instead.

j/k.... I couldn't resist.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#3
Posted: 11/6/07 at 10:20pm
Ahem....
mauriposa Profile Photomauriposa Profile Photo
mauriposa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#4
Posted: 11/6/07 at 11:39pm
I had this problem with Passion when I first got it. I just exchanged it because I never got it to play. So, not really the same thing, but there ya go.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#5
Posted: 11/7/07 at 9:34am
Several people PM'd me with suggestions that:

a) the CD should be cleaned

and

b) the player needs cleaning.

Will try both.

Many thanks.
Magdalene Profile PhotoMagdalene Profile Photo
Magdalene
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#6
Posted: 11/7/07 at 12:40pm
Those saying to clean are correct---if it has been playing, and other cds play okay, it is probably the cd itself.

"The labels don't make defective cds, lol!"
"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#7
Posted: 11/7/07 at 2:56pm
CDs are played by a beam of light- anything that would interfere with light can cause it to skip. Wipe down the Cd with a clean cotton rag- and a spritz of cleaner if you have it. Many CD players that have an opening you slide discs into get crap in there too- I find the best cleaner is one of those "canned air" things you get at camera or computer stores. Poke the nozzle into the player and give it a shpritz.

I worked at Tower for many years- the major labels did at one point declare that the actual "Defect rate" was minuscule- less than one in a thousand. They then began to not accept defective CDs in returns from their customers. They gave stores a credit that equaled about .0001% of their purchase price, convinced that would cover all consumer return costs.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Defective CD?#8
Posted: 11/7/07 at 2:58pm
I think a detective cross dresser would be fabulous! Can he be dressed as Angie D?
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS