Page: 1

holy crap

AbbaRabbit Profile PhotoAbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
holy crap#1
Posted: 10/26/07 at 6:38pm
they just banned a kid from my college beacuse he made threats against the school... there's an alert out and his picture is everywhere beacuse they're afraid he could come back to campus... he assaulted two teachers and was arrested a few days ago.

everyone is instructed to call the police if we see him on campus.

this is kind of scary.

i hope they are able to keep the campus safe.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/14431433/detail.html
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
SNAFU Profile PhotoSNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#2
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:43pm
Actually, in respect to what has been happening in recent years, I applaud your school for taking the preemptive actions. It might be scary but a lot less scarier then being surprized by a gun toting loon on campus!
Please stay safe!
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#2
Posted: 10/26/07 at 11:54pm
i agree compleatly! i'm glad they banned him from campus and showed us his picture so we would know if he comes back!
it's just so scary to think that central could have become the next vtech if they had not caught him.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK
Fenchurch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#3
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:05am
I think this borders on witchunting. All it takes is one accusation and it could send a school into hysteria.
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl
AbbaRabbit
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#4
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:16am
he attacked two teachers and then threatened the entire school. would you prefer the school just brushed it off and did nothing?

i'm sure you wouldn't feel that way if this was your school.
i'm terrified for my friends that live on campus.
Less is more
Ugly is beautiful

Updated On: 10/27/07 at 12:16 AM
justagirl2 Profile Photojustagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#5
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:18am
You would, Fenchurch.

Keep safe, Abba!
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#6
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:21am
"I think this borders on witchunting. All it takes is one accusation and it could send a school into hysteria."

Witch-hunting would imply taking a stereotype and trying to fit people into it, no matter the evidence.

This child has demostrable actions that cry out for atention - atention that would have saved kids in other situations.

Your position screams provocation, and is warrentlees.

I hope all is well on this campus.
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#7
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:31am
As much as it is scary, it happens every single day, everywhere.

It's a sad and dangerous world we live in.

Earlier today I got an email from my college:

"The health, safety and welfare of (NAME OF SCHOOL faculty, staff and students are of utmost importance. To that end and in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the following notice of a reported incident is being posted to keep the university community well
informed:

REPORTED OFFENSE:

During the evening of Thursday, October 25, 2007, university police received a report from a female student that she had been sexually assaulted by an acquaintance who is a male student. The assault allegedly took place in a residence hall on (NAME OF CAMPUS). On Sunday, October 21, 2007, The male student has been
identified, suspended on an interim basis and will be trespassed. This matter is under active investigation. As always, it remains the university's policy to fully investigate and report such incidences on a case by case basis.
"

Unfortunately these emails aren't far and few between. It's a disturbing truth of safety and reality.

I am one to worry about EVERYTHING (and trust me, I do worry about this stuff), but there's only so much you can do about it. I think posting a thread "holy crap" on a Broadway message board (yes, I know it's called off-topic) about it was a bit much.
Perhaps something suited for the banal thread.
"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#8
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:37am
"I think posting a thread "holy crap" on a Broadway message board (yes, I know it's called off-topic) about it was a bit much.
Perhaps something suited for the banal thread."

Bull****. There are MANY young people who post here who will and do find this kind of topic of importance.

Your judgement is duly noted, however.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#9
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:43am
"As much as it is scary, it happens every single day, everywhere."

No dear, it doesn't actually happen every single day, everywhere. But I suppose if people speaking Spanish freaks you out, then you're tailor made for a world filled with fear in which marketeers tell you that only spending lots of money on **** you don't need will soothe your anxiety.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended
re: holy crap#10
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:47am
My friend Ruby went to (NAME OF CAMPUS)! All the girls there were slutty. Especially Ruby.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#11
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:48am
Ok, Namo, you're right - it doesn't happen everywhere all the time. But it does happen.

And I'll be damned if I can figure out where your Spanish-speaking angle came from. I went back and looked at the original posted article, and I don't get it - what are you referencing?
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#12
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:53am
Apparently, SweetQ used to post under a different name and once made a statement that Spanish speakers in America irked her... or something.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#13
Posted: 10/27/07 at 12:59am
Ah, yes - got it.

But even a world that is tilted toward foolish fear would be foolish to ignore obvious signs.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: holy crap#14
Posted: 10/27/07 at 1:08am
But it DOES happen. Fairly often. We now live in a society where kids are figuring out that terrorism is a powerful tool they can employ to get attention, scare people. We have to take this very seriously because it's becoming a prevalent issue in our society. Schools should send a message that they are on top of this.
yr ronin,
joey