Page: 1

The city of brotherly love is full of some ugly mofos...

Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...according to a recent poll.

----
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.

The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.
----

Looking for attractive people? Don't go to...
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yep, that's me in a nutshell.
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What, no pictures?
yr ronin,
joey
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Before I get jumped on...I do NOT live in Philly! or even PA. I just hang out there for the theater and some of the other cultural aspects which is really some of the best on either coasts. Most Broadway actors who play here love the city...just ask them.

Yes, I hate our sports fans and our "lame" teams! But we've got really cool sports stadiums and PAC's. Yes, the restaurants are amazingly good and breed overweight people...after all the Philly cheesteak, soft Philly pretzels, hoagies are a staple. A good walk across the bridge to burn them off!

Yes, the inner city has its unnattractive sections like many cities...but in all fairness, there are many beautiful river front areas (Penns Landing) and rich historic parts in Old City too. They boast the nation's largest building murals projects. They are indeed impressive!
Businesses do well in Philly, not ot mention the Reading Terminal and the Italian markets and the Mummers! Penna. convention center is booked solidly with tons of outta towners. So what's this all about?

Philly's crime rate is alarmly high, which is sadly increasing. We need Frank Rizzo back! Oh, that's right we have the mafia now. But I still enjoy the night life in the city and the fact that it is 90 min. from NY and 60 min. from the Jersey Shore.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 02:17 PM
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
See my profile. re: The city of brotherly love is full of some ugly mofos...
But, be warned ... I'm an ugly mofo, self-absorbed and unfriendly. I do love a good Hoagie.
Pippin Profile PhotoPippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I read that the other day, and thought it was hilarious. I've lived in Philly since 2000, and yes, we do have many fat people here, but the food is soooooooo good. they just can't help themselves.

I find people generally nice here, though so I don't get the mean thing. maybe they just ran into all the wrong people.

I think I'm pretty cute, though. come up to the box office at the Prince and judge for yourself.

And Pati B. is friggin' GORGEOUS!
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SOMMS, you're from Philly?
This survey must be wrong then. I think they meany Hedgville, West Virginia.
....but the world goes 'round
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Born in Bryn Mawr, live in Bucks County now.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Philly born and bred here too, sommsy!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Some of the loveliest people I know live in (and around) Philly. Plus, my daughter was born there, and she's the most beautiful person I know.

I moved from Philly to DC in 1999. Here are the things I miss most:

A) People in Philadelphia are FUN! (Sorry, but in DC, everything closes by 10 PM...the people shut down then, too!)

B) Where are all the Italians??? I miss the Italian Market in Philly so much. There aren't even any good Italian delis in DC, let alone a whole section!

C) Restaurants and Nightlife. Philly wins, hands down.

I know the crime rate in Philadelphia is awful (not to mention govt corruption, but, hey, DC's got it too...and on the federal level!), but the city has the largest collection of Rodin outside of Paris, so it balances out. re: The city of brotherly love is full of some ugly mofos...
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
shameless Profile Photoshameless Profile Photo
shameless
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ok, I'll give them fat and unfriendly, but I have to draw the line at ugly.
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be enbered with your old nonsense. ~ Emerson
harris007 Profile Photoharris007 Profile Photo
harris007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
good lord have they not been to some small town in fl good lord
Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I loved my years living in CC...before I moved to NYC.

I would beg to differ about the unfriendly part. I always felt like people were very warm.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've never thought of Philly as being particularly high on the "Ugly" scale- and I'd be very curious to see where Green Bay Wisconsin or Cincinatti rank- both of them much uglier than PA in my book.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
SweetQintheLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Born and raised in Bucks County.

In Florida for college.

SOMMS- where in Bucks County do you live?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178
ahmelie Profile Photoahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pittsburgh owns Philly.
Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley
wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photowonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
In your dreams ahmelie!

re: The city of brotherly love is full of some ugly mofos...
I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.
miss pennywise Profile Photomiss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Remember: Hunter Thompson said that Pennsylvania was Pittsburgh on one side, Philadelphia on the other, and Arkansas in between! re: The city of brotherly love is full of some ugly mofos...
"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ugly? Ugly?...Eddie Fischer, Gary Dourdan (CSI), Kevin Bacon, Richard Gere, Will Smith, Tara Lipinski, Frankie Avalon, Princess Grace Kelly, Andrea McArdle amd all the Barrymores...not to mention our own BWW cuties Eddie Varley, Michael McArdle and yes...Right Said Rick all call Philly home...and visit when they can (except for Grace RIP)

Here is a link to those wonderful murals that also beautify the city, many are painted by reformed young thugs taken off the streets by a remarkable young woman from CA.

(Me? Goooorgous LOL! Pippin'~ they didn't say blind and crazy people live in Philly, just fat and ugly. See you at the Prince on Sat. with Patti & Mandy!)

Murals in Philadelphia
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 10:09 PM
vbplayer Profile Photovbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I find the residents of Philadelphia to be lovely when I visit. Not sure what is meant by this post.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown
vbplayer Profile Photovbplayer Profile Photo
vbplayer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, I just posted a new thread with the subject "Why?"......it was deleted within 3 minutes. I guess "Ugly mofos in the City of Brotherly love" is deemed a "good post". lmao
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -- Author Unknown