Page: 1

The Nanny Diaries

GYPSY1527 Profile PhotoGYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Nanny Diaries#1
Posted: 8/26/07 at 10:46am
Just thought I'd post on my experience viewing The Nanny Diaries last night. As they desribe in the movie, I am offically a Type A and B Nanny and speaking from experience this movie is so accurate. Anyone with child care experience can relate to the themes in this movie and the relationship between the family and employee. The film itself was so wonderful but the supporting cast was top notch! Laura Linney, Donna Murphy and Julie White were all so fantastic and I especially loved Julie's "the teddy bear has been confiscated" line! She was so hilarious and practically stole every scene she was in. Donna Murphy was also pretty damn spectactular as well. I have never seen her film work minus Center Stage and her talent transfers so well to film. Anyways, go see this movie if you have the chance!
Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
Broadwaywest2 Profile PhotoBroadwaywest2 Profile Photo
Broadwaywest2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: The Nanny Diaries#2
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:14am
I also saw the film yesterday. I did enjoy at as well. I thought Laura Linney was just fantastic. The opening was very smart and brilliant. My only complaint was Scarlett Johansen and the ending.
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#2
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:14am
Movie got terrible reviews but I must see it if only for Donna Murphy and Julie White. Murphy's a great film/TV actress, I even enjoyed her in the STAR TREK film she did.
I'm sure Laura Linney is great as well.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
GYPSY1527 Profile PhotoGYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#3
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:30am
Did it really get horrible reviews? Huh, maybe I was such in awe of Murphy and White that I overlooked its weak points...
Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#4
Posted: 8/26/07 at 11:41am
i wanna experience the beauty of donna murphy on a big screen!
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#5
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:18pm
Im looking forward to seeing the film... I loved the book and can relate to so much of it after my years of nannying in one of CT's wealthiest areas.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

dramaparoxysm23 Profile Photodramaparoxysm23 Profile Photo
dramaparoxysm23
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#6
Posted: 8/27/07 at 12:35pm
I wanted to see it even after it got bad reviews.

This doesn't have to do with the movie, but do you have to go to college to be a nanny? It sounds like an exhausting job.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I remember days
Or at least I try
But as years go by
They're sort of haze
And the bluest ink
Isn't really sky
And at times I think
I would gladly die
For a day of sky

And Starbucks will use the words 'large' and 'small', not pretentious crap like grande and tall.
"You could get away with anything if you call it art and tell people who don't like it that it's cutting edge culture." --vmlinnie
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Nanny Diaries#7
Posted: 8/27/07 at 1:53pm
When I started nannying, I was in HS. I was their part time nanny and when I graduated, I moved in. I started college while I was living with them. They were a spoiled family though and had two nannies; me, who lived with them, and another one who watched the kids when I was in class.

Those parents literally never did anything with their children.

Being a nanny can either be very rewarding or incredibly exhausting and make you never want to have your own child.

I was a nanny for another family -- 4 kids -- for 10 years.... that was a wonderful experience. Those children, to this day, are a very important part of my life and I love them as if they were my own. Even now, I see them at least weekly.
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...