Page: 1

The Real Real Rove

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Real Real Rove#1
Posted: 8/15/07 at 8:26pm
As we bid farewell to Turd Blossom, let's take one last look at his notable life.

Karl's biological father abandoned his family when Karl was quite young and he was adopted by his Mom's new husband Louis Rove. Karl didn't know until much later in life that Louis wasn't his biological father and has spoken about his stepfather's "Selfless" love for raising Karl & his brother as his own. Sadly, Louis left his family fairly late in life and lived out his days as an out homosexual. His admiration for his Stepfather didn't stop Karl from demonizing gays at every turn, apparently.

Like many men in his generation, Karl lived through the Vietnam era. His draft number was a middle-of-the-pack 84. (1 to 195 were eventually called.) Karl, a Young Republican, was a staunch supporter of the war, but that didn't stop him for filing for repeated student deferments, even after he dropped out of college. He eventually was ruled 1A (eligible to be drafted) but managed to evade it till the draft ended in 1973. Unlike say John Kerry, who OPPOSED the war, but felt obligated to serve, Karl didn't enlist.

Karl dropped out to persue his interest in politics. In the fall of 1970, Karl snuck into the campaign office of Democrat Alan J. Dixon, who was running for Illinois State Treasurer, and stole 1000 sheets of paper with campaign letterhead. Rove then printed fake campaign rally fliers promising "free beer, free food, girls and a good time for nothing", and distributed them at rock concerts and homeless shelters, with the effect of disrupting Dixon's rally. Twenty-nine years later Karl admitted to the "dirty trick" and said he "regreted" it- most likely he regreted that Dixon still Crushed Karl's candidate, despite the stunt.

Lee Atwater ran Karl's first campaign, a run for the head of the US Young Republicans. It was a pairing that seemed made in, uh- heaven. Perhaps it's more accurate to say that Atwater, long hailed as the most morally bankrupt man to serve in politics, ever- served as a mentor to Karl. Atwater was Satan to Rove's Lucifer, as it were.

After just narrowly missing going down in flames for his involvement in Republican Dirty tricks during the Watergate era, Karl found a new Mentor in George HW Bush. While serving as Bush's "Special Assistant" Karl was sent on an errand to deliver a set of Car Keys to his son GW Bush. It was quite literally, love at first sight: Karl's actaul quote on the moment? "Huge amounts of charisma, swagger, cowboy boots, flight jacket, wonderful smile, just charisma - you know, wow"

Like most of the "Family values" set, Karl has two families: He & his first wife divorced in 1980 and he remarried in 1986. His only degree is an honorary one from Jerry Falwell’s Liberty Baptist University.

Like his Minion Ann Coulter, Karl has a history of voting where he doesn't live. In 2005 he was investigated for registering to vote in Texas despite having no residence there. He & his wife divided their time between a mansion in DC and a million-dollar winter home in Florida.

Karl's poltical clients are a who's who of thoroughly despicable human beings: Rick ("Good Hair") Parry, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Richard Thornburgh, John Ashcroft and of course, his boyhood crush, George W Bush.

With a career like that, what will Karl be best rememebred for? Will it be his dazzling response to Hurricane Katrina? Will it be his compassion in the days following 9/11 when he urged capitalizing on it politically and said "liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers"? Or will it be his role in outing a CIA agent in wartime for political gain? Or perhaps his greatest triumph lies ahead? God, I hope not.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 8:33pm
I about fell off my chair when Keith called him Turd Blossom.He said it with a straight face and was totally serious!

Theres a documentary called "Bush's Brain" that is a must see. I had no idea how dirty this monster was and the tricks he played in his youth.What a sleaze ball.Even Republicans HATE this jerk.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#2
Posted: 8/15/07 at 8:40pm
After I re-read my own post, I feel compelled to add this:

I pride my self on my sense of humor, but not one word of that post is a joke; it's all the gospel truth.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#3
Posted: 8/15/07 at 8:45pm
A M E N !!!!!
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#4
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:27pm
And just because it might get lost in the "other" Rove thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#5
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:34pm
Alan Dixon was a pretty good nuts and bolts politician. He lost to Carol Mosley Braun after voting for Justice Thomas.

PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#6
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:48pm
Let's keep speaking truth to power, guys.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#7
Posted: 8/15/07 at 9:55pm
PJ, I am confident that history will judge Rove as the man that squandered the world's good will towards our great country after 911 for polical and personal gain. My children will pay for his misdeeds.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#8
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:16pm
As I've been saying all along, Rove - a vile and pathetic excuse of a human being.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#9
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:19pm
Yes, and also my grandchildren will pay for his misdeeds!
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:26pm
brdlwyr, you've certainly got that right (unfortunately)!
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#11
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:29pm
Do you have any pulse on the status of the kids in college? Do they talk about the war? Where are the protests?
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#12
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:43pm
Is that question for me? I have no idea about the kids in college (as I don't have any or know any [college age, that is]).

[edited for spelling]
Updated On: 8/15/07 at 11:43 PM
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#13
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:48pm
Dottie, I know just a few and they are serious business kids. I have NO neices or nephews in college, even though I have 6 of college age. My point is that why are these kids not protesting? Hundreds were killed in northern Iraq, the stock market is crashing, where is the outrage?
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#14
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:55pm
Unfortunately I think a lot of people are oblivious to the situations you mention.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#15
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:59pm
The secondary mortgage market debacle will soon be a bipartisan issue.
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#16
Posted: 8/16/07 at 12:01am
An attorney that used to work at my firm recently lost his new job with a mortgage company. He was only there six months, and the company folded last week. Not sure of the name of the company.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#17
Posted: 8/16/07 at 12:15am
At some point we must face the fact that we cannot have an economy driven by simply moving money from one account to another. We must provide quality goods and quality services to consumers.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Real Real Rove#18
Posted: 8/16/07 at 4:40am
Alan Dixon was a good man. He got squeezed in a three- way primary that Braun managed to win. His vote to confirm Thomas and a feeling that he'd been in DC too long brought him down. It was one of those times when I went to cast my vote I felt glad that I had two good candidates to choose from.

And AMEN brdlwyr! Look at how our economy values those jobs: If you are involved in the making or selling of an item, you are usually pretty poorly paid. If you finance the item, you're rich.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the real real rove#19
Posted: 8/16/07 at 7:30am
wait, rove leaked the name that was printed? gosh, i coulda swore that the article that caused all the trouble was that written by bob novak and that his source was richard armitage. boy that rove is sure powerful to have managed to force dick armitage, no political slouch, to leak a cia agent's id to a reporter.

so much more powerful that anyone gave him credit for being.

and one person's cast of despicable human beings is another person's saviors of truth, justice and the american way.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the real real rove#20
Posted: 8/16/07 at 8:14am
Looks like an overly long cut and paste/plagiarism job on this one.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the real real rove#21
Posted: 8/16/07 at 4:24pm
Hmmm- would you call that a "personal Attack"? I thought those were Verboten. I'm sorry you thought it too long- I had to stringently edit myself. There was SO much more material I could have included.

And not a word of rebuttal.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
the real real rove#22
Posted: 8/16/07 at 10:31pm
heh heh, you said "buttal," heh heh.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective