Republicans speak out on Gonzales

JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Republicans speak out on Gonzales#1
Posted: 7/29/07 at 9:34pm
Some prominent Republicans have given up on Alberto:

Tom Delay: "No man is above the law, and no man is below the law. That's the principle that we all hold very dear in this country."

James Sensenbrenner: "I want those parents to be able to tell their children that even if you are Attorney General of the United States, if you lie when sworn "to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth," you will face the consequences of that action, even when you don't accept the responsibility for them."

Chuck Hegel: "I find that the Attorney General abused his sacred power by lying and obstructing justice. How can the rule of law for every American be applied equally if we have two standards of justice in America--one for the powerful and the other for the rest of us?"

Bill Frist: "I will have no part in the creation of a constitutional double-standard to benefit the Attorney General. He is not above the law. If an ordinary citizen committed these crimes, he would go to jail."

Rep. Marge Roukema: "And we all share in the emotional trauma getting back to our subject of this constitutional crisis in which we are ensnared. But this cup cannot pass us by, we can't avoid it, we took an oath of office, Mr. Speaker, to uphold the Constitution under our democratic system of government, separation of powers, and checks and balances."

JC Watts: "How can we expect a Boy Scout to honor his oath if elected officials don't honor theirs? How can we expect a businessman to honor a promise when the attorney general abandons his or hers?"

Dick Armey: "Among other things, he took an oath to God, to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And then he failed to do so. Not once, but several times. If we ignore this evidence, I believe we undermine the rule of law that is so important that all America is. Mr. Speaker, a nation of laws cannot be ruled by a person who breaks the law. Otherwise, it would be as if we had one set of rules for the leaders and another for the governed. We would have one standard for the powerful, the popular and the wealthy, and another for everyone else."

No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#2
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:06pm
It's all over, as they say, but the shouting.
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#2
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:30pm
FYI: It's Chuck Hagel, and he should be a dem.

If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#3
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:41pm
If you want McCain, I am certain they would swap...
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#4
Posted: 7/29/07 at 11:45pm
The dems can have both. They are washed up as Republicans.

I respect McCain. Hagel is another story.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#5
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:59am
Funny, I respect Hagel.

McCain, that is another story.

McCain is done - he is going nowhere in this campaign.

Hagel has a chance at a third party/independent run if he can get some true "Rockerfeller" Republicans to support him, and find a worthy co-partner.

Hell, I would vote for Hagel/Powell right now. Hagel has at least had the balls to get out in front of the Iraq war and say mistakes were made and they need to be fixed.

If this means he is "done" to the Republican, 2008 is going to be a very tough year for those on the right, especially the far right.

SeanMartin Profile PhotoSeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#6
Posted: 7/30/07 at 7:08am
The thing that probably should astound me -- and doesnt -- is why it's taken so long for these guys to figure this out. It's like the entre Republcan party has been sleepwalking for the last seven years and is just now waking up and smelling the coffee.

No wonder this country is so botched up.
http://docandraider.com
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#7
Posted: 7/30/07 at 9:53am
The HD Sock Puppet says: "They are washed up as Republicans."

Honey, ALL Republicans are washed up as Republicans.

Haven't you noticed?
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#8
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:46am
Well now I understand the appeal of HD's techniques-- these quotes were all from Clinton's Impeachment debate-- I just changed the name from Clinton to Gonazales and President to Atty General.

Doesn't it make you wonder why these people AREN'T saying this about Gonzales?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#9
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:54am
Brilliant Joe!

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#10
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:05pm
Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that he is a "big fan" of embattled Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

In a interview with CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, the vice president also said Gonzales has been truthful in his testimony before Congress.

What about Pat Leahy's objections?

"I've had my differences with Pat Leahy," Cheney said. "I think the key is whether or not he (Gonzales) has the confidence of the president and he clearly does."

CBS News
Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#11
Posted: 7/30/07 at 4:42pm
And nothing will come of all this. NOTHING. If there was a single functioning spine in Congress, that lying sack of slime Gonzales would have been dealt with in no uncertain terms by now.

But no. They are all in Bush's pocket, and will continue to be so forever.

We, as a nation, are screwed.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Republicans speak out on Gonzales#12
Posted: 7/30/07 at 5:02pm
And nothing will come of all this. NOTHING.

Oh shut up. Your defeatist whining is more toxic than any Republican could possibly be.

You are not part of the solution. You are not part of the problem.

You ARE the problem.

Get off your fat, lazy, slobby whining ass and DO something.

But do NOT come around here one more time and say "Nothing will come of nothing" EVER AGAIN!