Over The Edge

Cruel_Sandwich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Over The Edge#1
Posted: 7/29/07 at 7:36pm
Feel free to critique:

"THERE ARE NO METAPHORS HERE by Jeremy Moran

There are no metaphors here. I am literally standing on a ledge. The mid-point between life and death. Am I sure I want to do this? Am I sure it's worth the lifetime I'm denying myself? Let me think this through.

Or not.

I plunge head first off the 78 story. The wind whips at my face, unaware that each time could be the last.

25 seconds...

I think about the wife and daughter I'm leaving behind. They're going to be devastated. Oh well. Maybe they can write a book about their feelings.

20 seconds...

I think about the house that will never bear the pain of my feet again. The antique rugs, the linoleum tiles, the lightbulb I never got a chance to change. I wonder how they're going to take this jump. My gut feeling is that they'll be pretty torn up about it. Good thing they're pretty passive.

15 seconds...

I think about the curly fries I ate 10 minutes ago, and how they'll never fully digest. In some eyes, I'm a monster, a freak of nature, an asshole of operatic proportions, singing my aria of selfishness. To the degree that I am, I apologize. To the degree that I am not, I hear the small intestine has nice weather.

10 seconds...

A chill comes over me. I never *did* catch the end of Revenge of the Nerds 4. What will become of Booger? Alas, I was not meant to know.

5 seconds...

I wonder what Toni Chiles from kindergarten is up to now. She never did give me back that blue crayon she borrowed. She can rot in hell.

Shit. I really wish I had changed that lightbulb..."
Updated On: 7/29/07 at 07:36 PM
PegasusRising
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Over The Edge#2
Posted: 7/30/07 at 3:47am
Darn, I thought this was going to be a thread about the collectible card game of surreal conspiracies set in the mythical island of Al Armaja.
"Artists are always on the vanguard of change: they give the community a vision."
"Desire comes from the Latin "de sire", or "of the father", or "of the stars". We want what is magical, what is out there, what is of the stars. And so our characters should as well."
"If there are people who don't believe in you, don't hang out with them. Wish them well, wish them peace, and move on."
-Anne Galjour
My Myspace Music Page
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Over The Edge#2
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:01am
I was hoping you discovered the Matt Dillon and VInce Spano movie.

Oh well.
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Over The Edge#3
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:04am
I thought the same thing, blueroses.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
Defying_Gravity_Girl Profile PhotoDefying_Gravity_Girl Profile Photo
Defying_Gravity_Girl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Over The Edge#4
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:26pm
I hope people who feel this way can get help.

Oh look! Help! 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

www.writersinlove.com