My big fat Greeked thread

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My big fat Greeked thread#1
Posted: 7/28/07 at 3:59pm
It got Greeked! A simple and pleasant fun thread about one man reconnecting with his passion got flushed by the actions of a certain talk radio parrot who drags threads off topic until they get flushed. I'm so sorry to see the moderators caving to the right-ward drift of contemporary life in which all media is controlled by two or three conglomerates dedicated to maintaining the status quo.

It's very saddening, but not surprising.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:22pm
I'm glad to hear you are getting some, Namo!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#2
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:27pm
""I'm so sorry to see the moderators caving to the right-ward drift of contemporary life in which all media is controlled by two or three conglomerates dedicated to maintaining the status quo.""

If you submitted that Rant of yours to The Daily Kos, I feel certain that they would print it under the headline of "Hero for a Day."

Then again, your lame echo of their kool-aid drinking radicalism wouldn't look so original or interesting over there.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#3
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:28pm
And like a rash, IT shows up again.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#4
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:29pm
and don't try to blame me for your hatred being deleted by your buddy, the mod.

I have repeatedly requested that you stop all of the personal attacks. I'd be glad to do that.

Although it sounds like unilateral disarmament to a liberal-they have nothing else in a debate except personal attacks.
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#5
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:30pm
"Then again, your lame echo of their kool-aid drinking radicalism wouldn't look so original or interesting over there."

Very much like your perpetual whining. Which is no longer original or interesting here.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 04:30 PM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#6
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:31pm
Ok, then why you do answer (harass) me every post?
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#7
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:33pm
"Ok, then why you do answer (harass) me every post?"

Because I assume that when you post here, you wish to be responded to. If you do not wish a response, why do you post?
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 04:33 PM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#8
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:34pm
Thanks, JAG. You are one of my few friends on this board.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#9
Some folks like to scratch at their rash.
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#10
Can we pause for a second?

"I have repeatedly requested that you stop all of the personal attacks. I'd be glad to do that. Although it sounds like unilateral disarmament to a liberal-they have nothing else in a debate except personal attacks. "

Which is it HDT. Are you offering an olive branch, or are you trying to incite? Because how could anyone take you seriously in your "peace offering" when you follow it up with a verbal assault on those you're trying to make peace with?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#11
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:36pm
"Thanks, JAG. You are one of my few friends on this board."

Not a chance.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#12
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:36pm
Look who's suddenly a working class Brit! "Ok, then why you do answer (harass) me every post?" [Don't bother going back and correcting, Burt, Mary Poppins will make the quote reappear again magically].

Personally, I've never even heard of The Daily Kos. Apparently, I get my soft drinks from different sources than you, HD. Your internet skulking is of no interest to me. None.

I think it's ridiculous that you manage to turn even a fun thread that has nothing to do with you and that you have nothing to add to into something that it isn't.

Personally, I wasn't looking for that in that thread, but there you were anyway. It's actually the opposite of what you do, which is post in order to bait in order to get called on your crap in order to cry victim.

I have none of those motivations. None.
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#13
Posted: 7/28/07 at 4:55pm
"Although it sounds like unilateral disarmament to a liberal-they have nothing else in a debate except personal attacks."

What is that, if not a personal attack? Either you don't pay attention to what you write HD, or you're simply oblivious to the things that you do yourself, that you accuse others of doing.
Updated On: 7/28/07 at 04:55 PM
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#14
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:05pm
""I have none of those motivations. None.""

Exactly what Bill Clinton said to Monica right before he spilled something on her blue dress.

I have repeatedly offered to stop all personal attacks on any and all posters on this board. It could be a much more pleasant debate/discussion/interaction.

Jag, I can tell you like me for a friend because you talk to my nicely some of the time.

The "liberal" in that quote is undefined. It doesn't have to mean you.

Further, I hear nor see any suggestions from the other side as to how we can "all get along."

At least I put a proposal on the table.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#15
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:08pm
""I think it's ridiculous that you manage to turn even a fun thread that has nothing to do with you and that you have nothing to add to into something that it isn't.""

Attention all posters: Calling Ms. BWW Grammar (aka Ms. Hairspray):

The above (quoted) sentence could be called a "run-on" sentence-in the technical sense of a run-on sentence.

It is also lacking in punctuation.
MatthewAddison Profile PhotoMatthewAddison Profile Photo
MatthewAddison
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
X#16
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:12pm
Updated On: 9/7/08 at 05:12 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#17
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:14pm
Who all is on "your side" other than you and whoever else shares your screen name (which I think is a violation here, although I am not sure)?

You are the only one who starts thread after thread with baiting language and repetitive talk radio insults and BEGS people to come after you so you can cry victim. Nobody else here does that.

JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#18
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:20pm
"Jag, I can tell you like me for a friend because you talk to my nicely some of the time."

That has nothing to do with me liking you, let alone liking you for a friend. I can assure you in both cases, I do not. Don't misconstrue anything I say to you as being friendly in any way. It isn't. Your representation of yourself on this board leads me to believe that you have NONE of the qualities that I would want in a friend. EVER. So let's put this to rest for once and for all. I am not your friend, I don't want to be your friend, and I never will be your friend.

The "liberal" in that quote is undefined. It doesn't have to mean you.

Since I'm a liberal, as you well know, unless you used some sort of qualifier to connote which liberals you are speaking of, then I have to assume you were referring to me.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#19
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:20pm
""(which I think is a violation here, although I am not sure)?""

Craig says that it is not against the rules. When we used different names, they penalized us for that.

I'm not worried at all about who is on my side. That's a liberal concept.

I am saying that posters should not attack each other personally. the mods should take down every post from all sides of the spectrum when they attack another poster.

The confusion seems to be when one of their political idols is shown to be an idiot, they immediately attack the person saying it, instead of arguing the case on the merits.

I can't stand your hero, Jimmy Carter. He is a fool. But, I may be friends with you, and at the very least, should never insult you. I deserve the same in return, regardless of what I may say about Mr. Peanut.

You deserve no personal attacks on you no matter what you may say about Cheney.

Updated On: 7/28/07 at 05:20 PM
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#20
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:22pm
That mouth breather thought I was his friend at one point and kept PMing me.

He needs to check his meds.
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#21
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:22pm
"""I have none of those motivations. None." Exactly what Bill Clinton said to Monica right before he spilled something on her blue dress. "

What does Clinton and Monica have anything to do with this? Are you trying to be witty? And you put that in quotes.. "I have none of those motications. None"

Were you there that day or night? Is that in a transcript? I'm guessing it's just your attempt at being witty.

I asked a SINCERE question and phrased it in a nice and friendly manner. Are you offering an olive branch, or are you trying to incite?

Because one HONESTLY cannot tell with the duality in your posts.

Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#22
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:24pm
"I'm not worried at all about who is on my side. That's a liberal concept"

I don't think that concept is limited to liberals. But what do I know. I'm evil.
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#23
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:34pm
""That mouth breather thought I was his friend at one point and kept PMing me.""

A TOTAL LIE...You wish!
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: My big fat Greeked thread#24
Posted: 7/28/07 at 5:35pm
""I asked a SINCERE question and phrased it in a nice and friendly manner. Are you offering an olive branch, or are you trying to incite?""

It is an olive branch, and I am very sincere about it.