PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I won't hold my breath. This administration can get away with anything.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe it will be dismissed as quickly as the Plame lawsuit was!

LOL
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wouldn't it be cool if we could hold certain posters in contempt?
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very cool!
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
HDThoreau2 Profile PhotoHDThoreau2 Profile Photo
HDThoreau2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ultra Cool
If Tom DeLay is The Hammer, then I proclaim a new title for the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi: The Briber. Nancy Pelosi had to bribe her members with spinach to get their votes.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm curious HD-- do you not think congress should be able to subpoena witnesses? Or is it simply in this case? Will President Hillary Clinton be given the same free reign to issue signing statements and withold all information from congrees & the people?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 12:43 PM
romantico Profile Photoromantico Profile Photo
romantico
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Do we know how old HD is? I really am just curious.

I agree. Bush can do whatever he wants.He is above the law. Anyone who thinks anything will come of this is just plain wrong. The American people will also allow this no matter how wrong it may be. Bush gets a free pass on everything and I just don't care anymore. We get what we deserve.The media won't challenge him and the Democrats are just terrified of him.
'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HD is not a real person. Supposedly he is a 50-something closeted homosexual who lives in a B&B in Xenia, Ohio, with his brother,m who is an obese high-school music teacher and their young "ward," Dakin.

But it is, in reality, only a character created by a middle-aged unsuccessful playwright. She thinks she has created a believable conservative character but she doesn't realize how wooden and unbelievable the character is, most because her sense of dialogue is so bad that the words she creates for him to utter are totally cliche and unlike any living, breathing, THINKING conservative.
n69n Profile Photon69n Profile Photo
n69n
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i *ABSOLUTLEY* hold certain posters in contempt.
i want to make thngs that count
- George, SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did you ever stop and think? If only Harriet Miers had given W a few blow jobs, it would be a slam dunk.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And the HD Collective goes oddly silent as they contemplate President Hilary Clinton with boundless powers, to fire US attorneys, to cut deals with energy companies, to hold captives indefinitely and order their torture..and of course to seize the assets of anyone who speaks out against her.

Gosh, the future is a rosy place!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The White House calls it a "spectacle."

But I don't think it will be spectacular until she is charged with "inherent contempt" rather than simple "contempt," which means that:

1. The Capitol Police are sent to drag her off the street and into the halls of Congress, where she would be imprisoned and tried in the Senate.

2 Bush orders the Secret Service to attack the Capitol and "free" Harriet Miers.

3. Congress arms a few hundred officers to defend that temporary jail at the Capitol from the Secret Service. One Secret Service officer and one member of the Capitol Police are almost killed before the populace rises up in protest, and the President calls off the Secret Service.

4. Harriet Miers is tried and found guilty, Articles of Impeachment are passed by acclamation and the Senate moves to convict the President and the Vice President of high crimes and misdemeanors.

5. The Vice President has a heart attack. His body disappears with no autopsy like that guy from Enron...what was his name?

6. With only a few months to go before the election, President Condoleeza Rice appoints a Democrat as Vice President. Together they decide to pardon George Bush, so that the country can "begin its healing."

7. President Al Gore vows to bring "fresh air" back to America.

Now THAT would be a spectacle!
Updated On: 7/23/07 at 03:30 PM
Chita1933 Profile PhotoChita1933 Profile Photo
Chita1933
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
That's what they need to do, inherent contempt.

Why aren't they talking more about it? Are they afraid of a constitutional show down with cowboy Bush?

Click on my profile and watch Chita Rivera "Put On A Happy Face"

PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Inherent contempt is like the "nuclear option"--you do it and risk losing the support of the populace.

So Conyers and Leahy do statutory contempt first. When that is stymied, they move to inherent contempt.

To quote my favorite Wicked Witch quote, "These things must be done dellllllllllllllllllllllllicately--or you break the spell!"
Chita1933 Profile PhotoChita1933 Profile Photo
Chita1933
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Who finds her guilty? The members of the investigating committee or the full House?

Click on my profile and watch Chita Rivera "Put On A Happy Face"