Page: 1

Who Was The Only Fictional Character to Have an Obit in the NY Times?

Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With Harry Potter mania sweeping the world, it's time to think about the other literary crazes.

The subject header says it all. Who was the only fictional character to have their obituary on the front page of the NY Times?
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hercule Poirot
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Very good.

Well this thread is pointless now.

Carry on, all.
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry to spoil your fun, I can delete it if you want.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't worry about it. It was bound to be revealed eventually, anyway!
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No clue, but I recall that both Professor X (X-MEN) and Farley the DOG (FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE) were featured simultaneously in the obituary section pf TIME magazine. I think that was in 1995.
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
sondheimboy2 Profile Photosondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember being annoyed that when the Kentucy Derby winning horse Secretariat died, it's obituary was on the front page of the New York Times.

I was annoyed because Graham Chapman of Monty Python's Flying Circus died the same day and I thought that he was more important than a frigging horse!
"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein , who were close friends, died on the same day in 1963, and their obituaries were largely ignored. Unfortunately, they died the day after JFK was shot.
SeanMartin Profile PhotoSeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Although it wasnt an obit, the Times did have a "mock obit" when Daddy Warbucks was killed.
http://docandraider.com
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I cried when Farley the dog died. re: Who Was The Only Fictional Character to Have an Obit in the NY Times?
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was quite sad. For Better of For Worse just keeps on trucking, doesn't it? I think she needs to end it before she kills off the grandpa or one of the parents.
yr ronin,
joey
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well this thread is pointless now.

All of your threads are pointless.