Page: 1

Popular Music and Theatre

say what?
Stand-by
Stand-by
Popular Music and Theatre#0
Posted: 12/10/03 at 9:56pm
There was Beatlemania, the Who's TOMMY, Queen found a musical, Billy Joel is a hit on 46th, and there's talk of Elvis and John Lennon on the way ... So what band / popular songwriter's work do you want to have on stage one day?

Me? The Clash and Radiohead. Just picture "Paranoid Android" as an Act I closer.
"SUNY Binghamton, yes. I'm sure getting a degree from SUNY Binghamton is very useful. Normally to get a degree with that kind of credibility you'd have to study in Guatemala or Haiti."
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Popular Music and Theatre#1
Posted: 12/10/03 at 10:09pm
Even though he's written Broadway musicals, I'd love a show with Elton John songs. He has written some fantastic stuff that I can see translating well to a theater environment.
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Popular Music and Theatre#2
Posted: 12/10/03 at 10:52pm
>Cyndi Lauper
>The B-52's
>And something based on the song "Video Killed the Radio Star"...it would be an interesting story line about how Television and thereby Pop Culture took over in the 80's, and hence brought us to where we are today...not necessarily good. The story could span the past 2 and a half decades. re: re: Popular Music and Theatre
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~