those four magic words

judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
those four magic words#0
Posted: 10/1/04 at 1:04am
I'm in a romantic mood right now.
Those who are married/ engaged: how did you propose to your S/O or get proposed to?
Those who aren't: how would you like your ultimate proposal to go?
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#1
Posted: 10/1/04 at 1:05am
honey as long as the ring is atleast 2 carats i don't care what he does!!!
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#2
Posted: 10/1/04 at 1:26am
I'd be perfectly happy with a quiet, simple "Will you marry me?" I hate big, showy, public proposals.
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#3
Posted: 10/1/04 at 11:30am
I proposed to Jarico at the top of the Hancock tower. It was his last day before he had to return to Spain a couple of years ago. While it wasn't the most romantic or creative choice for a proposal, we didn't have much time left and it was more of a formality. We both knew exactly what we wanted already.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#4
Posted: 10/1/04 at 11:33am
You know, Matt. It isn't nice to rub the fact that you found the love of your life in all of our lonely faces.

re: those four magic words
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#5
Posted: 10/1/04 at 1:40pm
SHE ASKED !!!

:-P
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
BroadwayMonkey Profile PhotoBroadwayMonkey Profile Photo
BroadwayMonkey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#6
Posted: 10/1/04 at 1:41pm
I want something public. Like....on A ROLLAR COASTER! OOOH!
Real men are tenors.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#7
Posted: 10/1/04 at 2:19pm
"You're visa's about to expire."
NYadgal Profile PhotoNYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#8
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:05pm
I got engaged in San Francisco, also.

There must be something in the air there. Very romantic.
We had just returned from a day in Napa, and were taking a walk in the Marina district. It was very private - and very special.

(I won't tell you the end of the story, though, since you're in a romantic mood...)

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."
Guido Contini Profile PhotoGuido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#9
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:18pm
due to the fact that I'm almost certain all the people I could actually really like live a trillion miles away...I can honestly say I don't foresee me ever being married. Romance THAT! re: those four magic words
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#10
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:24pm
when I do that, I am not sure how I will do it. It completely depends on who I am asking.....
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#11
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:25pm
My proposal was quiet and sweet. Dave and I were on a date, at Cape Ann MA. It was raining we were out on the point watching the storm come in and the waves. Then just a simple "Will you marry me? Well needless to say I said yes, and that was 21 years ago
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#12
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:33pm
for me, it is not possible to blanket the perfect evening. because what I enjoy doing with one person, I may HATE doing with another.... so perfect dates and such are complete variables in my book.
Type_A_Tiff Profile PhotoType_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#13
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:35pm
"Now that you're pregnant..."
"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#14
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:38pm
"might as well, huh?"

OUCH!
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#15
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:43pm
Picture this...Sicily, 1995...oh who am I kidding?...nothing romantic happened yet. I still have high hopes though.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#16
Posted: 10/1/04 at 3:51pm
huzzah, boobs! keep your head high. *other irrationally over-used philosophies of hopefulness*
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: those four magic words#17
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:15pm
My now husband, then boyfriend, took me to my favorite restaurant, on top of the Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World, Florida. As the 9pm fireworks were about to begin, our server placed a covered plate in front of me. When the first firework went off, the server uncovered the plate. The plate was decorated with a flower made of fruit, a glass slipper, the words 'Will You Marry Me?' in chocolate, and the most beautiful ring. The fireworks continued and my husband (then almost fiance) got down on one knee and said, 'I have your parents' blessing and will you marry me?' The perfect proposal..............(for me, at least). We ended up marrying about nine months later and had the reception at the same place as the proposal.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#18
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:20pm
BB may I plan it?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#19
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:33pm
my 4 magic words are now:

"that's it, I quit!"
BroadwayMonkey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#20
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:39pm
bmeonbway- SEE! THAT'S HOW I WANT MY PROPOSEL!
Real men are tenors.
Winokur_fan Profile PhotoWinokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: those four magic words#21
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:41pm
Knowing me, I will probably end up asking him, rather than him proposing to me. But it'll be special either way it happens.
~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#22
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:48pm
hell, i'd settle for that!
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: those four magic words#23
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:57pm
BroadwayMonkey, however you are proposed to one day, I'm sure it will be perfect and special re: those four magic words.
BroadwayMonkey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: those four magic words#24
Posted: 10/1/04 at 4:58pm
Oooh, thanks!
Real men are tenors.