Page: 1

I've seen all of the Scott Peterson case I ever care to see

Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A subjective rant: Anyone else totally OD-ed on this entire sleazy, sad, ugly case? I cannot believe the degree to which this culture remains fascinated with such dark doings. Forget the "coverage" -- the media has assigned a cadre of pundits to spout legal and moral spin 24/7. I wish Dan Abrahms and blathering company would just go away.

I know it's post OJ-America, and crime = ratings -- but do we really care that much about this mess? Anthropologists: OJ was a celebrity, an African-American sports icon; there were "issues" to plumb, sociological import to be unearthed. Scot Peterson is a nebish adulter who never stops reminding me of Paul Peterson on THE DONNA REED SHOW. That's the depth of my personal reaction to this tawdry tale. And hey, Dean Cain has already DONE the Lifetime movie. I mean, please, doesn't that say it all??
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 9/23/04 at 10:18 AM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree. The case was never all that interesting, to begin with. The tabloids (and, to be fair, the rest of the media) latched onto it as something marketable...in the grand tradition of JonBenet Ramsey. (Although, I'll admit to having a certain fascination with that case, too.)

It's always a good indication that a line has been crossed when the victim becomes the covergirl on multiple magazines or tabloids months and even years on end.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is that still going on? I haven't heard anything about the Peterson case in a long time.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Auggie, it started way before O.J. The sordid details, the seemingly perfect couple, the poor baby, the sick Mother, the post missing/pre-body interviews with Scott...well, I myself can't wait for the TV movie...oh, never mind.
PEACE.
Sunfish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The mere mention of it is a guarantee that I will turn the channel. There is no reason this case should get so much coverage when there are so many murders every day everywhere in the country. You can bet that more than one pregnant woman has been murdered in a ghetto somewhere and we've not heard a peep about it. YUCK.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yet another case of I wish the media would just go AWAY!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate the fact that I have an eerie curiosity about it all. I wish I didn't. I watch the coverage sometimes... I don't tune in especially for it, but it will keep me from switching channels. I hate how I have a desire to understand about the depths of human nature... how stupid or clever we can be. I loathe Scott Peterson, but I want to know more about it.

But then again, one of the first places I go for entertainment is the court paperwork, arrest warrants, and details at thesmokinggun.com...
Hamlet's father.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What really pisses me off is that would give ANYTHING for a woman to love me and want to have my baby.

He had it, didn't appreciate it.

I say burn that focker at the stake!
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Court T.V. in my area broadcasts the daily events of the case every day. So far, no real concrete evidence he did it according to experts. How sad, if he goes unpunished.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Updated On: 9/29/04 at 08:46 AM
buddha2 Profile Photobuddha2 Profile Photo
buddha2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I just want to see Scott P butt in jail and a video of when he meets "bubba"
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She was very pretty.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm fed up with the media's fixation on these tawdry cases. That said, I have to state that Scott Peterson is a very handsome fellow--even though he's an adulterer and a murderer.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That handsomeness should stead him well in prison.
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Imagine how much worse the hysteria would be if Laci had been BLONDE.

Pretty blonde white girls make the BEST media darlings/victims.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 9/29/04 at 09:49 AM