Datalounge

Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Datalounge#0
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:36pm
I just found this place when they were bashing us and someone posted a link...but I found a thread there called Theater Industry People We Hate - wow!! If you are or were in the business, go!!! It's very interesting...

Theater Industry People We Hate
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Updated On: 9/9/04 at 03:36 PM
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#1
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:47pm
the fact that someone wrote in with "Let's get back to the hating" is rather disturbing...
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#2
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:47pm
They're just trying to stay on-topic, KMC. re: Datalounge
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#3
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:51pm
I know... but talk about totally violating the "respect others" guidelines they have about posting...
popcultureboy Profile Photopopcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#4
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:52pm
There is also a thread on there about who has slept with a Broadway star and it runs to a staggering 168 pages. And is so worth a look, for so many reasons.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#5
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:53pm
I think that's just for personal attacks on other posters. I know most of the people who they are talking about on this thread - and it's pretty accurate.

The best one though is the person who TRIES to come up with something bad to say about Karen Ziemba and ends up with something totally lame. re: Datalounge
Nina Profile PhotoNina Profile Photo
Nina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#6
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:57pm
In theory, they may have a respect for others policy but, not in practice. Datalounge is basically a hang out for bitter, second rate actors who can't quite get a foot in the door or who have tried to sleep their way to the top and gotten little or nothing in return. So, they spend time bashing people by name whom they preceive have wronged them. If these people put as much energy into their craft as they do feeling superior and trying to convince others that they are "somebody", they might actually get somewhere.
Marquise Profile PhotoMarquise Profile Photo
Marquise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#7
Posted: 9/9/04 at 3:59pm
Nina u have said a mouthfull baby. I applaud u!
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#8
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:00pm
A lot of these people have worked behind the scenes, as I have. Working in those offices entails a lot of grunt work and putting up with the producers, press agents, and agents who are bitter and self-loathing. You are treated like dirt and expected to be grateful for the privilege. I was in that business for many years. These aren't necessarily bitter people posting - but realistic. I didn't leave the theater because I lost my love for theater itself. I left it because I had taken enough abuse to last three lifetimes.

Edited to say - that's why I specified that people in the business should read it. If you're not in the business, you won't know the people they're talking about, and you won't understand how truly accurate it actually is.
Updated On: 9/9/04 at 04:00 PM
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#9
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:05pm
Luckily you are above such things as ill grammared rants on sites like datalounge though, Rath.
Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#10
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:06pm
Yes - I proofread all of my posts. re: Datalounge
Nina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#11
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:09pm
Well of course, Rathnait, if I say it's black, you'll say it's white just to spite me. However, no matter how you look at it, mentioning people by name on a public board when you are saying such vicious things as these people are is just classless and comes across as bitter.

I know some of the names mentioned and feel that they are being portrayed unfairly. I agree that the people who do the grunt work behind the scenes are not always as respected or given the credit they deserve but, that's no excuse. Don't kid yourself into thinking these are all disrespected carft people from behind the scenes. many of them are actors who just didn't get the parts they wanted, got the brush off from an agent, etc.
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#12
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:13pm
"mentioning people by name on a public board when you are saying such vicious things as these people are is just classless and comes across as bitter."

Nina, i totally agree with you...
popcultureboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#13
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:13pm
Well of course, Rathnait, if I say it's black, you'll say it's white just to spite me

Oh come on, Nina. What are you, 10?
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#14
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:15pm
Oh please, Nina, get over yourself. I would have responded the same way to anyone else. This was my life for over 10 years. I've known you for 10 minutes.

And people trash the Weisslers on this board practically every day. That's calling people by name too. And I bet the majority of posters on this board who do that have never even met them. Why is that okay?
Updated On: 9/9/04 at 04:15 PM
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#15
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:23pm
as my friend, popcultureboy once said... now, girls... you're both pretty...
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#16
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:23pm
I'm prettier.
Nina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#17
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:24pm
It's not ok. I would never say it is. Whether it's this board or any other, it's not at all professional.

As far as my getting over myself, I have been happily minding my own business, never having said a word to you when you started up on me a few days ago. What can I possibly think other than you seem to have some axe to grind with me?

In any case, I've made the point I want to make about the Datalounge thread and will leave this thread to you.
midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#18
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:31pm
CATFIGHT, CATFIGHT!!! Sharpen your nails ladies and don't hold back. I've got ringside seats.
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#19
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:39pm
No - it's over. She's convinced herself that I'm some board bully and even though I tried to tell her otherwise the other day, it doesn't seem to matter.
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#20
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:44pm
you ARE a bully... and i'm telling... re: Datalounge
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#21
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:46pm
You should know, joeyjoe!! :)
Updated On: 9/9/04 at 04:46 PM
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#22
Posted: 9/9/04 at 4:51pm
ssshhhhh.....
SamIAm Profile PhotoSamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#23
Posted: 9/9/04 at 5:48pm
I just have to jump in here to say that there are a lot of pretenders and trolls on Datalounge and some people who are honestly trying to communicate something they know or are interested in discussing (much like any board though Datalounge seems to have more than its fair share of trolls)

The bottom line is that these posts are mostly from anonymous people and people can say whatever they want in hopes of convincing another person they know what they are talking about.

The think I find the most repugnant about Datalounge is the need of some of its members to tear celebrities, politicians and anyone and everyone to shreds based on looks and how hot or 'in' they are perceived to be and to discuss in detail the finer points of someone's genitals...PUH-LEEZ. Have we lost all sense of decorum, people?

"Life is a lesson in humility"
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Datalounge#24
Posted: 9/9/04 at 6:05pm
Actually, Sam, you're making Datalounge sound like a more extreme version of this board. I guess they don't have enough of a variety of posters to give the place a little more balance. The narrower the audience a board speaks to, the faster it will turn into a b****y crank-fest, at least in my experience.