The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.

ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#0
Posted: 9/3/04 at 3:10pm
Isn't this woman FABULOUS? I mean, seriously. This woman IS the ****. This one time at the stage door, I wuz waiting for her cuz she's SO AMAZING... I SO TOTALLY didn't know what to say to her... haha. So I wuz like... "OMG, IT'S FRAN WEISSLER!!!" and she looked at me and smiled. OMG, she totally smiled at me!!!

Then I totally accidentally touched her boob... OOPS! And she said, "Oh, I have to go find another bra." I waited for three hours and she never came back. Oh, well... I hear she's really super shy, tho, so that's okay. I'm really shy, too, so I totally understand. Hehe. I went back the next day and waited for her to come out. I finally got her to sign my playbill but I didn't get to talk to her much cuz she had a bunch of big men in black suits surrounding her. It's okay, tho, cuz then a week later I sent her a letter to her apartment along with a new bra. I never heard back from her but that's okay cuz I know she's super busy.

Do any of you guys have Fran stories?? She's my favorite producer EVA. No one is better cuz I said so!!!!!! (And if you diss her I'll hunt you down... haha)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE FRAN WEISSLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fran Weasle pinches her pennies too tightly.
Mattio98
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm waiting for one of those colorful banners with pictures of Fran in someone's signature.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
OMG SHE IS TOTALLY THE BESTEST PRODUCER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!! I mean, seriously, like, I mean, GREASE??? OMG sooooo awesome!!!!!!! And do you know that she put CHICAGO on Broadway BEFORE THERE WAS EVER A MOVIE????? She's BRILLIANT!!!!! When I get to New York, I'm sooooo gonna work for her and learn from her and then I'll be the NEXT FRAN WEISSLER!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rath honey...I think it's time for your blood pressure medication.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Y'all just better watch out for Hurricane Fran. That's all I'm sayin'.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm affraid those pennies are a bit more than pinched, Possums - they've had the life strangled out of them...silly thing...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and her strange affinity for Brooke Shields is interesting...
Updated On: 9/3/04 at 03:48 PM
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If you DON'T want to read about Fran Weissler, guys, it's REALLY simple. DON'T click on a Fran Weissler thread. Duh.
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I never cease to be amazed at how some bite at the hand that may someday be able to feed them.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
She's already fed me, honey. Trust me. I'm full.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Daisy, are you high or just ridiculously bored?
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
*gasp* NO... I just think we should start TRULY appreciating the people who make such WONDERFUL theatre HAPPEN. You know what I mean???

I ask you, WHERE would we be without the Roxie of Melanie Griffith or the Rizzos of Rosie O'Donnell and Brooke Shields in this world??? Hmmm?
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hmmmm - that is a good point, etoile, but there are people I've worked with and for before who I wouldn't work for again if you paid me more money than God...one who's name just flashed across the top of this page of links and gave me the chills...but don't ask who - I don't want to spread negative gossip...
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
several dollars richer that could have been spent on other shows...
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#15
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:10pm
Fran,

I just want to let you know that I'll be in NYC tomorrow and I'm a comin' to get you, you big sexy thang you!
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#16
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:15pm
Oy, what are you doing resurrecting this thread?? re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread. lol

Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#17
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:16pm
Because I'm coming to see my sweetie and I needed to let her know since she blocked my number.

And CJR, will you be dancing around the Shubert tomorrow? I might stop by and say hi.
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#18
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:19pm
I typed a whole bunch of stuff and deleted it -- not because I agree with etoile regarding biting the hand that feeds but because I'm trying to follow flit's admonition to be nice.

Fran is not good people. Let me leave it at that.
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#19
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:20pm
she might pinch your penny, Matt...
WOSQ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#20
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:20pm
Fran Weissler and her co-conspiritor Barry, are the scum of the earth. If you have never worked for them, and I have, then you have no idea. I actually hope you're some kind of "friend" of theirs so this will get back to them.

They are unwanted and unnecessary people and producers and cannot hold a candle to other top producers of today and the past. The two of them and their little assassin Alecia deserve nothing.

I am not normally this vehement about people, quite willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but Fran and Barry are truly awful people and now none of you who read this cannot say you haven't been warned.

Gee, do you think I don't like them?
"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#21
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:21pm
She is a nasty old hag. Lets just leave it at that.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#22
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:22pm
Matt_G, I'm always around the Shubert lol

Seriously though, I work on 41st, so if you're legitimately gonna be around, let me know re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.

Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#23
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:23pm
But what about Scott Moore in the Weissler's office?
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Fran Weissler Appreciation Thread.#24
Posted: 10/4/04 at 1:29pm
WOSQ - My first job in the theater was in their office. I was there for two years. I believed they were the worst people on earth too...till I spent 10 more years working for other producers, agents, managers, and actors who were at least as evil. Barry and Fran just get all the PR. Believe me, there are plenty more just like them.