Page: 1

HA HA HA HA...sorry funny thought popped into my head!

Did anyone every see the Mary Martin peter pan on video. I watched that as a kid and thought it was great. I popped it in a few months ago just to see why I enjoyed it so much and to see Mary Martin now that I know who she is. It was such a poor quality movie and just soooo funny. Anyone else see it?
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Uh Oh. Matt_G is gonna take a few steps back because he likes this shirt and doesn't want to get blood on it.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Smart move, buddy. I'm out of here too.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Come out, come out, wherever you are . . .
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Where is he?
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
POLisPOL Profile PhotoPOLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this is going to hurt...
I move a few steps back with Matt_g too re: HA HA HA HA...sorry funny thought popped into my head!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
Updated On: 8/15/04 at 12:30 AM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He's not online - I'll just have to catch the aftermath later re: HA HA HA HA...sorry funny thought popped into my head!
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Run, don't walk...Run now !!!!!!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Broadwayboobs Profile PhotoBroadwayboobs Profile Photo
Broadwayboobs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seems Dietcoke is a Swing..Uh huh, you'll be swinging alright.re: HA HA HA HA...sorry funny thought popped into my head!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. Ralph Waldo Emerson
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What was the funny thing that popped into your head?
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm joining the rest of the guys here. And watch out...I fight dirty!

DietCoke, you better start thinking about whatever you've ever wanted to say to your Maker, because you'll be siing Him soon!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 8/15/04 at 07:45 AM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Umm ok I said that the quality of the movie was bad!(you can see the wires as they fly, zippers in costumes, etc.) NOT the show itself. Unless this person yall say is gonna be mad or wutever made this movie or is in to film making, he should not be offended. I love Peter Pan and was in the show twice! I played Peter Pan and Wendy! So sorry for the misunderstanding!
Updated On: 8/15/04 at 10:16 AM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DietCoke - it's all just a lark in good fun - we've all just watched Cap'n spit and sputter about Pan before. And I'm sure your point will be taken. My thought is, you could have a good time sparring with him about it re: HA HA HA HA...sorry funny thought popped into my head!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah I know...but I am new to the board and I was like "whoa did I really offened someone?" So yeah thats why I just wanted to get my point across! lol
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DietCoke, you've DARED to criticize an Theatrical Icon. It's like saying there's something wrong with the American Flag or that motherhood is overrated.

Prepare to s-u-f-f-e-r big time!!!!!!!!

(Demonic laugh!)
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Glebb Profile PhotoGlebb Profile Photo
Glebb
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not to mention a hot lunch!
" ...the happiness in the tune convinces me that I'm not afraid."
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Diet, Peter Pan was designed to appeal to children. That's why you liked it as a child, but didn't as an adult.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The point Diet keeps trying to make is that they only thought the QUALITY of the recording was bad - not the piece itself. And besides, The Wizard of Oz was written for children, and it remains my favorite thing to this day.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I own it. Man..I watched it EVERY DAY.....the weird thing, on my tape, it just acts. It goes from like Act 2 to Act 4. Real weird....And the wires..visible in every flying shot.

But i think she's the best one to pull of Peter Pan. Kathy Rigby's version is visually better, but her acting isn't. I love Mary Martin :)
OhSoWicked
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"But i think she's the best one to pull of Peter Pan. Kathy Rigby's version is visually better"

I saw Cathy Rigby do it on broadway...SNORE!!! So so so so boring. I was only interested because I was (am) a big gymnastics fan so I was like oooohh Cathy Rigby! Mary Martin's movie was much better :)
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The fact that it wasn't as technologicaly advanced as the productions done today doesn't diminish the fact that it is without a doubt, a true classic. It was not made solely for the purpose to entertain children, either. The themes throughout it are inherently adult and always have been, even in Walt Disney's version. I personally cannot think of any show that is sadder and that is not something children will catch. It is only when you do grow up that you can watch it and understand the story for what it truly is.
CapnHook Profile PhotoCapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle