Page: 1

Register to Vote. You've gotta be in it...

iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
to win it.

For all of you who may not be registered to vote, but who will be 18 years old by Election Day, now is the time to register. Registration forms can be found online (for example, google Voter Registration New Jersey), filled out, and mailed in. Another thing to consider once you have registered, if you will be away from home on Election Day, you can also download an application for an Absentee Ballot...which will be sent to you at your temporary address. There really *is* no reason to not participate in the election this year...but if you're heading off to college, you'll have to plan ahead. The stakes are enormous. Please take this election seriously.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
KIDS if u don't want to be considered for a possible "draft" (should it come to that) get registered & VOTE!! U've got the power!!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm bumping this up because I maintain that it's important.

I noticed that if you scroll down on this site, to the left...in the pink, there are links for voter registration, too.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I second the bump... I also must recommend seeing Fahrenheit 911 prior to voting.
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
BUMP!

Vote, everybody. If you don't, you're just disrespecting yourself as well as your country. And you're forfeiting your right to complain about anything the government does. Seriously. A democracy (or democratic republic, as the case may be) doesn't function without participation. So get out there in November. If you learn nothing else from Florida, learn that every vote does count.
Updated On: 8/2/04 at 12:56 PM
bmeonbway2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Also, if you plan on being away during the elections, look into absentee voting.
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Or, if you're, say, studying in a swing state while living in a state that's obviously going one way or another (like California or Texas), you might want to register in the swing state if you're eligile, so you can make more of a difference.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
like the great richard daley (d) mayor of chicago used to say, "vote early, vote often!"

edit: the first mayor daley, not the current one.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 8/2/04 at 02:23 PM
Plum
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Often? He did not say that in reference to voting for public officials. Did he?
Updated On: 8/2/04 at 02:24 PM
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had a Government teacher in High School who would give you the voter registration himself as soon as you turned 18 and had you fill it out in class and he sent it in for you to make sure you were registered. I am registered and haven't yet decided whether I am going to use an absentee ballot or just run home election day (I only live an hour away) This is my first election and I am taking it very seriously. It is an important responsibility. Our decision is going to affect the way the world looks at us. It's going to affect your everyday lives. If you don't vote you have no room to complain about the government or taxes or health care or really anything that the government can have a say in. Voting may seem like a minor role but countless people have died so you can have this opportunity so it's disrespectful to all those who have fought so hard for the rights we hold dear if you don't vote. Your vote is important.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 8/2/04 at 05:21 PM
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
copportunity ?

is that a reference to the hue of your new icon?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Haha it's whatever you want it to be re: register to vote. you've gotta be in it...
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i've still got the crush i had as a 6 year old on the coppertone girl. i'm thinking she's all grown up now and has a new dog.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ah yes...she is all grown up.

And ya won't ever get her in bed.

Why? Her name is Jodi Foster.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
until there was a mrs. mambo, my goal in this life was that very thing. oh she may be comitted to women, but i would have gotten my turn. even if i had to shave my legs and dress like a truck driver. oh yes, i would have gotten my turn. hinkley was a freakin' choir boy, robbie, a choir boy! it woulda been me, dammit! meeeeee. jodie, you can hear me, i know you can. you'll always have that place in my soul, no one can take that away. who knows what the future holds? but for now...sigh.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And as I type this, that post is being sent to the FBI (said as Hannibal Lecter would say it)
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh please, fbi, smefbi. the secret service monitors most all of my online activities and has done so since the late 90's. this is what happens when you choose to email the president, vp, congress people and foreign dignitaries on a regular basis. i still love the letter i got from bubba responding to the specific concerns voiced in one of my emails. that was touching.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Nina Profile PhotoNina Profile Photo
Nina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think you should reconsider the title of this thread. Something sexual will get more people to open it and read it. It seems more people are reading the Big Brother thread. If you don't mind, I'll give it a try by using what you wrote and changing it around a bit in another thread.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Vote people#18
Posted: 8/3/04 at 12:04pm
Thought this needed a bump.
HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!