Page: 1

Anika Noni Rose--how old?

BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anika Noni Rose--how old?#0
Posted: 7/7/04 at 3:48pm
I know it is none of my business, but she looked older on the Tonys, but in production photos, she looks like a teen. Anyone know?
CCM '10!
FinnFanatic
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#1
Posted: 7/7/04 at 3:50pm
I was wondering this as well. When I saw "Caroline", she struck me as being no older than 20. But seeing her in "real life" photos, I viewed her as being closer to 30.....either way, she is amazing. I cannot stop telling all of my friends how amazing she was.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#2
Posted: 7/7/04 at 4:12pm
she is in her 20s. nuff said.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#3
Posted: 7/7/04 at 4:17pm
THAT is who i'd like to see in the COLOR PURPLE musical (no offense to La Chanze). i just find lately La Rose has more colors in her voice than La Chanze...
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#4
Posted: 7/7/04 at 4:22pm
Maybe since it's a musical Tina Turner would take the part now since she wouldn't before.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#5
Posted: 7/7/04 at 4:26pm
Thanks, BG2...that is all I wanted to know.
CCM '10!
bwaysinger Profile Photobwaysinger Profile Photo
bwaysinger
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#6
Posted: 7/7/04 at 5:22pm
Anika Noni Rose is a very well-preserved 63 1/2.
It's kind of like in A Little Night Music when Judi Dench played Desiree and the woman playing Madam Armfeldt was actually younger.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#7
Posted: 7/7/04 at 10:11pm
or Estelle Getty on the GOLDEN GIRLS playing the eldest when those other biddies nursed Moses.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
midtowngym Profile Photomidtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#8
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:44am
this is a super catty thread!
'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#9
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:50am
It reminds me of a boring sleepover.
CCM '10!
Al Dente Profile PhotoAl Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#10
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:50am
Get used to it Midtown, it seems to be THE obsession on this board. Let's just agree that all the ones that you all really love are over 30...You're simply NOT going to get those types of perfomances (Rose a.k.a. God, Cheno, Menzel, etc...) from a wet behind the ears 20 year old, so enjoy it rather than give a **** about something as irrelevant as age! Did you enjoy the performance? Do you find the artist moving in some way? than who gives a flying fig what year they were born?!?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#11
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:53am
Al Dente, I feel this is a very relavent thread. I wanted to know if she was atleast 20+. She looks so young. I did not ask for her specific age, when her birthday is, and if she is a virgin. Give it a rest.
CCM '10!
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#12
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:57am
BW11, shut up already will ya? you've been UNsuccessfully trying to go toe to toe with me for a year already. Put a lid on it. It's none of your freakin business, as would apply to MOST of the inane things you blather on about. When she wants you to know how old she is, she'll call you up and tell you, or she'll send you a fax of her drivers license.
BWayBoy88
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#13
Posted: 7/8/04 at 1:07am
I think shes about 24
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#14
Posted: 7/8/04 at 1:17am
Sorry to ruffle your feathers. re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?
CCM '10!
meagan9848 Profile Photomeagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#15
Posted: 7/8/04 at 5:15am
going off topic a bit, does anyone know how old EDEN ESPINOSA is?
Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#16
Posted: 7/8/04 at 10:24am
Not meaning to step on anyone's toes here - but I'm wondering - why is any actor's age important to anyone? As long as an actor looks the age of the character he or she is playing - (and can act it)that should be all that matters. I've seen adults play children more often than I can tell you, and when I was 27 years old I played a 50 year old man in regional productions and from there on usually played much older than I am, on stage. This fascination with people's actual ages is so strange to me. Why should/could it possibly matter to anyone? Just curious.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#17
Posted: 7/8/04 at 10:41am
How old are you? re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#18
Posted: 7/8/04 at 10:53am
ME? I will be 43 in December of this year. I wonder what people will think when I start auditioning again (something I am eager to do)...now that I've lost a lot of hair and gotten a few more lines around my eyes - will they cast me as age-appropriate? (people still guess me in my 30s for some unknown reason - they usually say it has something to do with my spirit) hmmmmm, I wonder....
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#19
Posted: 7/8/04 at 5:55pm
Once again, who would have thought that this would piss people off? I do not care how old Anika is...I was just curious to know if she WAS a teen, because if she was, I thought that was a huge accomplishment to win a Tony award. That is all I wanted to know. Age is NOT important to me.
CCM '10!
Al Dente
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Anika Noni Rose--how old?#20
Posted: 7/9/04 at 9:01am
Fine, if that's really the reason you wanted to know, than fair enough... she's not a teen, she's not even a "tween". Can we leave it at that?