Mary Kate Has Anorexia

Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mary Kate Has Anorexia#0
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:27pm
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 07:27 PM
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#1
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:29pm
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 07:29 PM
CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#2
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:30pm
aww, say it aint so! what whore. give the girl a sandwich! (and make sure it stays in her stomach...)
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#3
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:31pm
come on guys, she was literally RAISED in front of a camera.
Remember what happened to Judy!
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#4
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:32pm
I've been a hell of a lot sicker than her the past few monthes. Why aren't I on Entertainment Tonight? Where is my candlelight vigil?

And did you just compare one of the Olsen Twins to JUDY???

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 07:32 PM
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#5
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:34pm
haha pardon me
no comparaison in terms of talent AT ALL!
I just mean in the amount they've all put out. In the way they were raised in front of the camera, and were never given a "normal" childhood.
Why don't they just retire?
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 07:34 PM
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#6
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:36pm
Those girl are lucky to have what they have considering the lack of talent. They better thank their asses they've made it this far... literly.
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#7
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:38pm
I find it incredibly tasteless to criticize someone who has been diagnosed with a disease. Perhaps you should do some research on the subject before making judgements and quips about ANYONE - celebrity or not who suffers from an eating disorder.
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#8
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:41pm
I used to have anorexia, does that mean I can make fun of her?
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#9
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:42pm
I have suffered from an eating disorder, myself so I've done all the research I need to. But the fact that this led off the news here with this story and than went into a story about a possible school shooting is ridiculous. That's why the whole thing is ridiculous to me.
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#10
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:45pm
How insensitive of me, i apologize.
I have had plenty of experience in the world of eating disorders. I was a dance teacher. I am well educated on them, I've participated in several studies on how they develop in dancers as well as teenagers in general.
I'm a health nut who has seen a lot of her friends afflicted by them. And what the heck, I'll admit it. I myself have been afflicted by ana and mia.
Like I said, just like Judy. I was frankly surprized nothing like this had happened to the Olsen twins yet. They really were set up for it.
Updated On: 6/24/04 at 07:45 PM
BlueWizard Profile PhotoBlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#11
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:46pm
They look exactly alike, I wonder why only one is anorexic and the other isn't. Unless Mary Kate was trying to live up to her sister's model!

Now that one is in rehab, what will happen to the other? Will she just disappear with a "POOF!"?
BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#12
Posted: 6/24/04 at 7:48pm
thinking about it, Mary Kate has always looked more gaunt than Ashley.
Keep in mind too, it's also a personality thing. Like they're trying so desperately to point out, they are two separate people. So the chances of Ashley developing it too are as good as anyone elses.
SMichaelK Profile PhotoSMichaelK Profile Photo
SMichaelK
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#13
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:00pm
I honestly can't make fun of her, My college is the anorexia capital of the midwest. I do think its ironic that its always the people with the most money who are the ones that develop these problems. I guess it just proves the grass is always greener
You, you are the worst thing to happen to musical theater since Andrew Lloyd Webber... and you I just don't like you.
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#14
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:03pm
the fact that the news opened with that story has nothing to do with the fact that she is suffereing from the disease, so why belittle her... let's all be human and hope another human gets better...
ShineOn Profile PhotoShineOn Profile Photo
ShineOn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#15
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:06pm
Eating disorders are a horrible thing to live with.

I respect her so much more for admitting herself into rehab. I think she has a lot of gumption to do that, especially under the knowledge that she can't even go through this privately... because no matter what she does, her secret is bound to appear all over the papers. That takes some guts. Leave the poor girl alone.
"You! You are the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber! And you, well, I just plain don't like you."
~Stewart Gilligan Griffin
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#16
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:07pm
I hope she gets better. I'm not cruel! A 12 year old boy brought guns to school and planned to shoot it up and his mother who worked at the school was arrested for allegedly helping him. Now, that's news. Why didn't they open the news with me when I got my diagnosis this year? I mean, I can't afford health care so I can't afford medication or treatment and I'm having to just live with this thing and the effects it's having on my body. Now isn't THAT more of a story than a billionaire who binges and purges?
broadwaystar2b Profile Photobroadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#17
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:14pm
Please don't make fun of people with eating disorders. I had an eating disorder through middle school. I won't go into the details but seriously, it's no laughing matter. Today's media keeps promoting that thin=pretty and when you're a child not only brought up watching the media but PART of the media, I can only imagine that she must be under a lot of stress. I hope she gets the care she needs.
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#18
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:15pm
Nobody ever said they hope she doesn't get better!
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#19
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:19pm
I think it's sad. It's good that she got help before she starts NYU in the fall.
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#20
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:31pm
Which is the eating disorder capital school of the midwest?

Wow, I totally forgot that you guys have to pay for treatment. I didn't have to pay a cent for any of mine, being in Ontario. I completley take that for granted!

Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#21
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:34pm
EXACTLY.
BroadwayBound06 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound06 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound06
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#22
Posted: 6/24/04 at 8:36pm
They've had better careers than alot of other child actors. I live in VA wish they decided to go to James Madison University.
JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#23
Posted: 6/24/04 at 9:08pm
Because famous people get more attention than people who aren't famous.

Life sucks, wear a helmet.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mary Kate Has Anorexia#24
Posted: 6/24/04 at 9:22pm
If the order of news stories upsets you I hope you don't live in NYC - try World Series time - if the Yankees pick their collective noses during that time it's top story no matter what else is going on.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson