Page: 1

Pop linked to Cancer

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pop linked to Cancer#0
Posted: 5/29/04 at 4:39am
Well a new study from India has found a connection between esophageal cancer and soda pop. They even thnk they know the reason for it. I always wondered about this. It's not saying you have to give up pop completely but everything in moderation. I'm glad I am not drinking much pop anymore!
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/sodawarning/sodawarninghttp://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/sodawarning/sodawarning>http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/package.jsp?name=fte/sodawarning/sodawarning I always wondered because my generation drinks way too much pop on average. I am going to cut back even more even though I don't drink very much as it is.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 5/29/04 at 04:39 AM
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#1
Posted: 5/29/04 at 10:03am
As I read your post, Son, I was reminded me of a Joe Jackson song from the 1980s called "Cancer". It was kind of a satirical ditty that espoused the theory that "EVERYTHING gives you cancer". You may want to check it out as an nifty accompaniment to your article. It's off of his 1982 album (CD?) "Night and Day". The hit songs off of that album were "Steppin' Out" and "Breaking Us In Two".

Coca Cola, anyone?
on1ystarinthesky Profile Photoon1ystarinthesky Profile Photo
on1ystarinthesky
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Pop linked to Cancer#2
Posted: 5/29/04 at 10:08am
Huh...that's interesting, Son. And that song sounds interesting, too.

But hey, this makes me proud to be a Snapple addict.
DJ Jellyfeltz's Weekly "Don't You Just Hate That?" (courtesy of Scott Cohen)
Walking by the same person you've already walked by in the dairy, produce, and frozen-food sections.
*I AM A MEMBER OF THE BWW.COM RADIOACTIVE SQUIRREL CLUB*
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#3
Posted: 5/29/04 at 8:56pm
This may be very true, but my addiction to Diet Lemon Coke continues.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
BroadwayKate
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Pop linked to Cancer#4
Posted: 5/29/04 at 10:15pm
Well I'm going to die...and that is that...I consume so many diet cokes a day that it has almost gotten to the point of insanity. Does anyone else get headaches when they have not had a diet coke in a while...and by a while I mean an hour or so?...hmm I guess I'm all alone there. I go to an all girls school, and the people who stock our vending machines have started to put five rows of diet coke in our machines becuase no one ever drinks anything else. I blame it all on the media:) always!

kate
say the word...and i just might listen...
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#5
Posted: 5/31/04 at 7:55pm
I read this and am pertubed cos as an oncology nurse...that aint the ones I treat who have esophogeal/nasopharyngeal cancer. Infact the only way I can figure is if u put rum in the Coke... cos thats who gets those cancers, drinkers & smokers. ( ok there are some genetic things but for the most part, thats it!)
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#6
Posted: 5/31/04 at 7:58pm
Rum doesn't automatically come in Coke? Huh.

Hey, BroadwayKate, you might want to finish your post before you decide that nobody has responded to a question that you've posed in it. And, FYI, all that NutraSweet (tm) can not possibly be good for you, as a future study will reveal one day.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
judy_in_disguise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#7
Posted: 5/31/04 at 8:14pm
yeah too much aspartame is definately a health hazard, we've known that for a while.
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Pop linked to Cancer#8
Posted: 5/31/04 at 8:24pm
For me it's caffine. I get headaches when I go w/o a hit of the wakeup juice!
B re: Pop linked to Cancer
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
BroadwayKate
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Pop linked to Cancer#9
Posted: 5/31/04 at 9:03pm

Thanks Namo for once again telling me something I didn't already know! Really aspartame is bad for me? I didn't realize that? hmm interesting I suppose I should read health studies once in a while ....or maybe I should talk to people who work at the FDA? hell while I'm at it... maybe they should do some tests on me...

I was just stating that I drink a lot...yes I know I answered my own question, and yes I do know that they are bad for me...but at least I'm not addicted to something worse…hello cancer!

kate
say the word...and i just might listen...