Page: 1

Alanis on Oxygen

Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Alanis on Oxygen#0
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:04pm
If anyone is interested, Alanis will be live on Oxygen today from 2pm - 10pm. They will be following her around all day promoting her new album. Just a heads up for the fans.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Karma76 Profile PhotoKarma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alanis on Oxygen#1
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:08pm
I want her boyfriend...haha can i say that???
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#2
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:37pm
Well folks, Andy Dick just said "F*CK" on live TV. I wonder what the FCC will do to Oxygen for that one. I can't help but feel sick for all those poor children who stayed home from school and were subjected to such foul language while watching their idol Alanis. It just makes me sick.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#3
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:40pm
Matt - I hope you're being serious - its one of the biggest problems in this country today. I, too am sick of kids being subjected to crap like that.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#4
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:46pm
lol. No, I'm not being serious. It's 2pm. Kids should be in school. And even if they're not, they should be. And what the hell would they be doing listening to Alanis anyways? Her music is a little too mature for the young'ns.

Uh oh, as I'm typing this Alanis just called someone a whore. That's another $500,000 for the FCC. I really am sick of people trying to tell everyone else what they should be allowed to say or hear. I have to listen to Bush speak all the time and that's a hell of a lot worse than hearing Andy Dick joke around on TV.
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#5
Posted: 5/18/04 at 2:47pm
I hope you're not being serious. Any kids who heard that shouldn't have been home from school in the first place. That, and language doesn't kill childhoods, people kill childhoods.
Hamlet's father.
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#6
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:02pm
And I thought that Morrisette was experiencing the onset of asthma or perhaps another lung ailment.
Hamlet's father.
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#7
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:16pm
THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Alanis just said asshole twice and **** once! Little children's heads are exploding all over the country! Conservative's are falling on the floor having seizures! It's chaos!
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#8
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:20pm
I am serious. I am sick and tired of profanity on television (pay or otherwise). I am very old fashioned when it comes to this topic. Profanity is just plain vulgar (and yes I use it myself so I am no Polyanna about it) but its best when used at select times and in select company. Thesedays kids are exposed to the most disgusting behaviour at such an early age and I thank God I was raised when I was - bad a time as it might have been,- because it was still a relatively "clean" existence. Nowadays people live to shock..and I just don't get it. Everything in moderation is a good rule to live by and that goes doubly for profanity, nudity and sexual situations.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#9
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:30pm
But back to Alanis...when did she come out of her depression? LOL I remember her as wearing dark clothes, long greasy hair, spewing venom and bile through her music about how everyone screwed her over.

Then, all of a sudden, last night I saw the commercial for her album: short hair, smiling, prancing down the street. And THEN I see where she's doing a song and dance routine in this new Cole Porter music? WTF????

Perhaps her Lexapro kicked in or somethin....
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#10
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:34pm
"Everything in moderation is a good rule to live by and that goes doubly for profanity, nudity and sexual situations."

Funny you didn't mention violence anywhere in your discussion. People with arguments like yours always have problems with people speaking their minds in whatever way they want or showing their ass, however it's perfectly acceptable for Little Billy to get his brains blown out if it falls under the catagory of entertainment. Give me a break. The reason kids curse is because they're told not to by the adults who give these words WAY too much power. They are just words. And these are the same adults who use different words like Darn or Shoot instead of just saying Damn or Shit when they mean the same DAMN thing. It is the height of ridiculousness.
Updated On: 5/18/04 at 03:34 PM
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#11
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:36pm
She's been like that for a while now. She's in a very happy place in her life and it shows. You can really see her evolution as a person through her different albums.
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#12
Posted: 5/18/04 at 3:38pm
Matt - you're absolutely right. I was raised in a house full of emotional and physical abuse and I abhor voilence in any form. Words are our power. They should be used with kindness, sensitivity and compassion whenever possible. I don't like vulgarity around children because I think it's just plain awful. Sure they'll learn it somewhere - maybe the schoolyard or a friend's tv or a cousin or Aunt or whatever - but they won't learn it from me.
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alanis on Oxygen#13
Posted: 5/18/04 at 4:25pm
She is happy because her boyfriend is so darn HOT!!
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#14
Posted: 5/18/04 at 4:31pm
Who wouldn't be if you had a hottie like that
Karma76
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Alanis on Oxygen#15
Posted: 5/18/04 at 4:36pm
Seriously!!! and he is so funny/goofy your BOUND to be having the time of your life!!!
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Alanis on Oxygen#16
Posted: 5/18/04 at 4:40pm
Speaking of BOUND, am I the only gay man who found that movie to be one of the hottest things ever put on film?

Now, I'm going to close my eyes and imagine being BOUND with Ryan Reynolds