Page: 1

NYC

BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NYC#0
Posted: 4/19/04 at 1:58pm
Ok, I will post more later, but I just wanted to tell you that I passed Joe's Pub twice and got a pic. I also had dinner at Barrymore's on Friday. Very good.
CCM '10!
Zola Q. LaPlaya Profile PhotoZola Q. LaPlaya Profile Photo
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NYC#1
Posted: 4/19/04 at 3:26pm
Hey lil bro: what is that icon you're posting now?
Stop worrying about what I'm doing -- focus instead on what you're eating.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: NYC#2
Posted: 4/19/04 at 4:07pm
Icon: scene from bare. You?

I really do not know what to think of NYC. I love it! I cannot wait to get there, but I am glad I took this trip when I did. Before the trip I told myself that if I go, I will be even more anxious to live there than before. Well, I am still anxious, but it made me appreciate Ohio more. They are both very different worlds and it will be a big change, but I am ready to accept it when the time comes. re: re: NYC

Of all the souvenirs I got, my favorite would have to be the sign that says "Lighting Designer." It is one of those signs that you hang out your door or something. When I saw it, I had to buy it! I bought it in Shubert Alley.

Here is what my weekend entailed:

Day 1:
Wow. I was in awe when I first saw the skyline it the distance. It was breathtaking. We entered through Lincoln Tunnel.
Rockefeller Center: Lovely area. I first went over to the Today Show windows and heard people screaming. I stand on my tip-toes and see that Kwame and Bill from The Apprentice were shaking hands. I got a pic of them, along with Bill's new car that he won. I had something very small at the Variety Cafe and then walked over to St. Patrick's Cathedral. Mass was in progress, so I was silent and listend. It was very beautiful. Next I went to the NBC experience store, which had some cool gifts. Unfortunetly, a festival was going on near the fountain, so I could not go down there. I walked over to Radio City and got a pic of that.

Off to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Beautiful place, but got old after awhile. I wanted to get back outside. I walked down to the Guggenheim and enjoyed being near Central Park. Now, the Guggenheim I loved. Very creative and unique art. I left there and bought a pic from a street vendor.

Off to Times Square. What a cool place. So much to do and see! Everyone else went shopping, but I walked around and got pics of every Bway Theatre with a kid's mum. She was very nice and enjoyed all of my knowledge of Bway. I went to the Bway New York store and was in Heaven. I am lucky to fine one of those things in Ohio...they had it all in one store! I bought a Wicked souvenir program. While over at the Imperial, we ate dinner at Barrymore's. I loved the food. I knew a lot of people here and Bway performers hang out there, so I thought I would try it. Everyone else went to Olive Garden and stuff. I did not have enough time to make it up to W 52nd St and stuff, but we did that Sat. at night. I met the group at Hotel Edison and went to the Nederlander. I now know why Urinetown closed. The Henry Miller looked AWFUL! After the show, we went back to Rochelle Park, NJ.

Day 2 coming soon.
CCM '10!
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: NYC#3
Posted: 4/19/04 at 5:48pm
Times Square used to be so much better. It is still very good but you can not imagine what it has lost over the years
Poster Emeritus
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: NYC#4
Posted: 4/19/04 at 6:43pm
Let me add that I saw Jessica Berkey from Saved By The Bell going into Sly Fox, I believe.

Day 2:
Another fun-filled day in NYC! I ate breakfast at McDonalds on 42nd Street and headed for Herald Square. May I say that Macy's is one HUGE department store, lol. It is more like a mall! I did not buy anything there, but the Flower Show was beautiful...the store smelled very good. I felt sorry for anyone with allergies. I walked over to H&M and bought a shirt and then went to Manhattan Mall, which was not anything impressive. I then went to lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. Once again, nothing impressive...sort of a waste of time. Next, I went to Ground Zero. It still did not really hit me of what they must have went through. I had AWFUL flashbacks when I heard fire truck sirens or saw a plane flying over the city. Akron, OH in a way is related to 9/11...the plane that went down in PA turned around right over where I live. It could have came down here. My Grandma actually saw it. Ground 0 was such a breathtaking sight. When I was walking through St. Paul's Chapel, I saw that they kept a rock from my small town on display. It says __________, Ohio...We Will Never Forget. I took a picture. That made me feel really good inside. It amazes me how that church survived with not one broken window! The pic of Station 10 after the towers feel also hit me...what a sight. It makes me sick out people sell things illegally by Ground Zero. Some people cussed this guy out and told him to get the f*** out of here, can't he read? I totally agree with her. Chinatown, Soho and Little Italy was next. Did not really impress me. I hate shopping and it was way to busy in those little "huts." I did enjoy SoHo. Expensive, but beautiful lol. Finally, Times Square at night. I had the bus take me down to 52nd, though he dropped everyone else off down 8th Ave. I went inside the Gershwin. What a beautiful interior. It looks huge! I did not have time to eat, so I grabbed a hot dog from a vendor. Then, we went "home."

Day 3 coming soon.
CCM '10!
Greekmusicalfan Profile PhotoGreekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: NYC#5
Posted: 4/19/04 at 8:33pm
I am so glad you had a fantastic time !!! I felt exactly like you when I went!! Isn't NYC the best place on earth ? I can't wait to go back in September !!!

Take care
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC#6
Posted: 4/19/04 at 9:24pm
BwayTheatre11- You are too cute!!
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC#7
Posted: 4/19/04 at 9:52pm
I know, I know...re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC

Day 3:
Had a tour of Midtown. Saw the Dakota and the Majestic on Central Park West and walked into Central Park. I really would have like to have had more time in the park, but all we did was walk into Strawberry Fields and left. There was a race going on. On my way, I saw Columbia Unversity, Joe's Pub and some other cool sites. Then I went to St. Mark's Place in Greenwich Village. Unlike Chinatown, I really enjoyed the East Village. It was so unique and artistic. The buildings were beautiful. I ate lunch at the New York Milkshake Co. Very good for a Jumbo Grilled Chesse Sandwich. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC I walked over and saw some of NYU. Then we went home...re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC

I had an AMAZING time and cannot wait to make my way there. It is a very nice, yet different place. It will be a big change for me, but am willing to make it. Thank you for listening and being so supportive. I am glad to have a place such as BWW to talk to people.

PS...I took 8 cameras full of pics. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC
CCM '10!
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC#8
Posted: 4/19/04 at 9:55pm
Did you see any shows?
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Before the trip I told myself that if I go, I will be even more anxious to live there than before.

Are you moving/studying there?
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with Phantom. Too cute. This diary is actually making me thankful I live in the city again.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had the same reaction - its always nice to see the city through someone else's eyes - it freshens your outlook.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lil 11, it's time to come clean with all your activities.

Did you visit any "stores" on 8th Avenue? Did you catch Phanty's show at the Gaiety?

Or are you still downloading?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL...stores on 8th Ave...very interesting...
CCM '10!
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Everywhere you go--there are CUTE boys to see!!

I love these posts, too---It reminds one of how it felt to first be here. It's magic! =)

Glad you had a blast!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow, what a great trip. I just have one question for you...

WHAT DID YOU BRING BACK FOR ME???
PEACE.
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The funny thing is that I only bought gifts for my mother's b/f...and no I do not find him attractive.
CCM '10!
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What about romance, lil bro? Didya get yourself a little something-something?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There was 2 people that stood out...one was my roommate! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC
CCM '10!
Zola Q. LaPlaya
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Attaboy!
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wanna go back to NYC already!! I miss it...and those 2 boys. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: NYC
CCM '10!
BrooklynsChild Profile PhotoBrooklynsChild Profile Photo
BrooklynsChild
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I cant wait I am moving in with my friend on the upperwest side and am so glad that i am moving there instead of living in Prospect Heights. It will be a better commute to get to work and to school.
I'm shedin my skin so you can see my face. I need you to know who I am. ~Idina Menzel
citylights
Stand-by
Stand-by
Yep, out-of-towners in NYC represent! I love NY, and I'm finally beginning to figure out the subway system!

Tuesday night: went to Bitter End in the Village to see Josh Kobak sing...we came at 10:30 so two other acts were on before him- one I liked a lot, the voice of the other guy was eh. It was cool to be in a "legendary" place like that; I tried to read the big list of people who'd performed there but it was too dark. About 11:45 Josh started setting up and about half the cast of Rent came, which was interesting. He was great- sang mostly his own stuff, then Cary Shields came up and sang one song with him. A lot of fun overall.

Today: Woke up really late, got dragged to Jewish Museum, then ate a really quick lunch and went to Movin' Out (see review on regular board).