Page: 1

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

lassy
Stand-by
Stand-by
HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY#0
Posted: 4/13/04 at 9:39pm
Subservient sex, forsake your career of his, and when he takes another lover because you neglect him, remember men need more sex than women.

Does this work for anyone else?
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY#1
Posted: 4/13/04 at 9:45pm
Lol.
You made me laugh thanks.
Updated On: 4/13/04 at 09:45 PM
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY#2
Posted: 4/14/04 at 1:43am
No, but it sounds like someone could use a hug.

Biting my tongue at the things I could say. (And suspect will be said when the early morning boys start posting.)

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY#3
Posted: 4/14/04 at 1:46am
But Lassy hang in there kid.
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 01:46 AM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY#4
Posted: 4/14/04 at 2:06am

What you just described is a gender stereotype, and your partner might be displaying characteristics of a gender role, but I think women would like subserviant sex, a person who gives up their own goals to help their partner and someone whod let them get away with sleeping around as well. Sexual preference/gender has little to do with just having a very large ME complex.

Gets back to her Early Childhood Development, Social Development and Gender, Social Cognition and Interpersonal processes studying.

Kohlbergs preconventional level of development: moral reasoning that is based on personal benefits, self-interest, or hedonistic advantages. Should pass this level by age 13.

Piagets preoperational stage: thinking is still egocentric; has difficulty seeing the view point of others. Generally occurs between ages 2 and 7.

Social psychologists generally find that people act for individual short term interests in social dilemmas, especially where they believe the other is doing so as well.

Yeah. Whatever that all says.

orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well Etoile, here it is early morning and although I am tempted to make some amusing remark about making men happy, I will disappoint you and show restraint. Since it's been all women who have responded so far, let me give you one man's point of view on this.

What you posted Lassy is ridiculous. I don't know where you found that little tid bit but, you had better start looking elsewhere for answers.
Men do not necessarily need more sex than women. It depends on the person. desiring more than your partner is no excuse for seeking it outside of your relationship. Anyone that allows that is showing no self respect. The exception would be "open" relationships where both parties agree and neither is feeling slighted by the arrangement. I think Mistress S. is in saying it's a "ME" complex.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't over-analyze her statement, kids. Unless I've missed my mark, this is old fashioned "been there/done that" sarcasm. What Lassy describes, albeit bitterly, is not an unfamiliar concept to women old enough to have experienced marriage two or three decades ago. We've come a long way, but I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't have to look all that hard to find someone for whom this *still* rings true.

*I* know what you were sayin', Lassy.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 09:10 AM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
well i for one applaud you, lassy, for having to coourage to state what are, in this day and age of instant gratification and utter lack of personal responsibility, quite radical beliefs. of course, they are not so radical to anyone who remembers the glory days of the american family, but we are an increasing minority in the landscape. so thank you for sharing three simple rules that will keep a man happy.

i must go now, mrs. mambo having read this is preparing me for re-education camp. honey, what's that knife for? honey, i----
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how to make a man happy?

Tell him you think 7.1 channels of DTS ES would be much better and give him the remote.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does this work for everyone? Hell, no why should it? That sounds like a comment from the Victorian ages. This is the year 2004!!!!!!! Woman are liberated and persons in their own right. Yes, there are woman like that and they are called "victims". I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!!!!!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 03:52 PM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Two things are becoming increasingly apparent: 1)no one takes Sociology 101 anymore and 2)appreciation of tongue-in-cheek commentary seems to be a dying art.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I think I aced my exam though!
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
1. have his favorite meals at least three times a week

2. marinate his steak

3. show interest in his work before telling him about your
own

4. give him backrubs and Swedish massages

5. be sensational in the bedroom

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 4/14/04 at 09:09 PM
lassy
Stand-by
Stand-by
Those are excellent suggestions, Dollypop. I also try to include him in 90% of the pictures I take. This way he knows that no matter how many famous people I meet, he'll always be a great man to me.
Broadwaylady Profile PhotoBroadwaylady Profile Photo
Broadwaylady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I did take Sociology 101. I assumed Lassy was serious. Sorry, I am not as intelligent as you Float.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away." "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
glitzguy3 Profile Photoglitzguy3 Profile Photo
glitzguy3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
give them a night with me...that'll make 'em HAPPY! =)
mamamia sammy Profile Photomamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm going to be sick.
BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I almost forgot, chocolate pudding. Give a man pudding, and he's putty in your hands.
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That depends on where the chocolate pudding is applied.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It doesn't matter. Pudding could be applied to almost anything and a man will feel compelled to lick it off. It's purely instinctual.