Auditioning for American Idol

MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Auditioning for American Idol#0
Posted: 2/15/04 at 8:14pm
What song would you sing? I thought I'd ask, just for kicks. On Route Sixty Six WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! (Pathetic attempt at typing in a Scat Girl impression)
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Auditioning for American Idol#1
Posted: 2/15/04 at 8:57pm
Sheesh, tough crowd.
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Auditioning for American Idol#2
Posted: 2/15/04 at 9:35pm
"Bless the Lord" from Godspell.

And when the lovely judges condemn me and tell me to go audition for Broadway, I will cry tears of happiness, kiss Simon, and run out of there happier than any person that made it.
zannafan Profile Photozannafan Profile Photo
zannafan
Understudy
Understudy
re: re: re: Auditioning for American Idol#3
Posted: 2/15/04 at 11:04pm
I would sing Elton John "Your Song"
Nick
A ripple on the edge can be a tidal wave; no matter what the size. Anything can be, depending how you see when you're looking at the world with brand new eyes. ---Prodigal
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Auditioning for American Idol#4
Posted: 2/15/04 at 11:05pm
If only I could sing "What a Little Moonlight Can Do" nearly as well as Billie Holiday could.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Auditioning for American Idol#5
Posted: 2/15/04 at 11:08pm
Yay!! Good choices my friends. Funny you should say that zannafan, I would sing Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me from the Sir. I love that song/man!
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Auditioning for American Idol#6
Posted: 2/16/04 at 8:33am
Corine2 auditioned with "Rose's Turn" from GYPSY. See where it got her?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Auditioning for American Idol#7
Posted: 2/16/04 at 1:25pm
Dolly, are you serious? Please say you're up to your usual antics and are NOT telling the truth... I shudder to think!
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I would probably sing Amazing Grace or somethign a little less pop-ish that showed I could actually SING instead of SCREAM :)
You've gotta have heart AND music
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I guess I missed the post that said to be mean to Corine2.

I'd write a song telling Simon exactly what I think of his "honesty" and humiliating tactics (considering he admitted they choose bad perfomers to boost ratings). I can only hope to be as "admired" as him. I must work on being more mean. It's SO admirable.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matt, I wasn;t being mean to Corine2... I was shuddering at the thought of old Dollypop back to his old ways!
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I would sing, as one girl put it, "AMAZING GRACE by BEYONCE." She sure can write a good song, man.
PEACE.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sueleen, you are usually the paragon of wit and wisdom. Surely you know that "Amazing Grace" is a hymn based on a Scottish folk tune. I'm sure Debra Messing may have a different spin on this story, I'm sure.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, I'll be golldarned. I did not know that BEYONCE was Scottish, but I am also pretty sure she ain't a him!

Thanks, Dolly, I know I was a pair of something, just could not put my finger on it!
PEACE.
Elphie Profile PhotoElphie Profile Photo
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Mandy Moore's "Only Hope."
"They hear drums. We hear music."
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hate to be picky but Only Hope was Switchfoot's song. They wrote it and performed it before she did. She even said in an interview she loves Switchfoot and the song was brought to them as a possibility fo the movie and they ended up featuring a lot of Switchfoot songs in A Walk To Remember. It was written by Jon Foreman. (Who has one the Les Paul Award for songwriting.)
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Updated On: 2/16/04 at 06:13 PM
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would pick something really really pop that I could belt
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Out Tonight" - RENT
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: auditioning for american idol#18
Posted: 2/16/04 at 10:07pm
since i'd have little or no chance of making the cut, i'd sing the last verse and chorus of "her father didn't like me anyway" by shane macgowan and the popes just to see how paula reacted to the c-word.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
jcr279
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: auditioning for american idol#19
Posted: 2/16/04 at 10:40pm
If You're Not the One sung by Daniel Bettingfield
robyn525600
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: auditioning for american idol#20
Posted: 2/17/04 at 10:25am
"And I Am Telling You" from DREAMGIRLS.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
Elphie Profile PhotoElphie Profile Photo
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Never new the whole Switchfoot thing, but I would still sing the Mandy Moore version.
"They hear drums. We hear music."
Kitzarina Profile PhotoKitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
All That Jazz of course! :)
"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not that I can even sing, but if I could I would probably sing something by Mariah Carey (pre-Rainbow), Whitney Houston (pre-drugs), or something like "New York, New York." re: re: re: re: re: re:  auditioning for american idol
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
King Stevos Profile PhotoKing Stevos Profile Photo
King Stevos
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A nice jazz standard. Gershwin and then modern pop it up alittle bit.
STEVOs
"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight