Page: 1

Director is desperate for help choosing show

Singermom75
Swing
Swing
We applied for rights to Beauty and the Beast and we were denied. Right now we have Drowsy (which I LOVE) and Little Mermaid (which I LOATHE) on the list. I teach at a PK-12 school and the administration really want a kid friendly show this year- The past few years were Rock of Ages:High School sedition, Addams Family and Shrek. Shrek was a huge hit and the last two years havent measured up. We were almost committed to The Little Mermaid, but we read through scenes in class today and it was just SOOOOO boring. My students want to do Grease but our school did it 7 years ago (before my tenure) and I also think its definitely not family friendly. I desperately need suggestions for a kid appropriate, funny show that my high school students will like to participate in. Am I looking for a Unicorn?
EdEval
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Try doing "YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN" .
chloec37
Swing
Swing
funny girl, how to succeed, once on this island, mamma mia, sister act, legally blonde, thoroughly modern millie, hello dolly
HeefyDActor
Swing
Swing

Try Spamalot! Other good choices would be Little Shop and Big Fish

Dublin2 Profile PhotoDublin2 Profile Photo
Dublin2
Swing
Swing

Big Fish would be great!

Irishman living in Brooklyn.
Christina Katz
Swing
Swing
Director is desperate for help choosing show#6
Posted: 11/18/19 at 11:22am

My husband is a high school theatre director in Wilsonville, Oregon and just finished Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella. The updated Broadway version is delightful and timely. Biggest technical challenges are three transformation dresses and Cinderella's carriage. But there are ample resources online for creating these items, or you may be able to rent or borrow. Good luck!

ihaveadream Profile Photoihaveadream Profile Photo
ihaveadream
Swing
Swing
Legally Blonde has a huge cast, is known amongst teens, and provides one actress a huge opportunity!
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^And hardly family friendly.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.