February Introduce Yourself Thread

JohnPopa Profile PhotoJohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
February Introduce Yourself Thread#0
Posted: 1/31/04 at 12:33pm
Lots of people come and go on this board so I thought I'd start a 'home base' thread for newbies to start with and for all us fogies to reintroduce ourselves to one another.

Even if you're just a lurker and this is the only post you ever make or ever intend to make, stop by, say 'hi,' tell us who you are (don't have to give your real name if you don't want to, although first names sure are friendly) and what you do and maybe something about you we might not guess otherwise. Even if you're here 24 hours a day and post in every thread, still take a second and say 'hi.'

And answer one simple little question for fun: Name one performer you've never seen live and onstage that you'd like to see. (I'm meaning people who do theater traditionally.)

I'll start:

My name is, as my nickname implies, John Popa. That's a long 'o' sound, by the way. I'm 30 and in NE Ohio (Canton, to be specific.) I do some community theater, write a bit (sometimes more than a bit.) When I'm not bitching about theater, I'm bitching about movies, comic books, pro wrestling (really, I know wrestling history the way people around here know Broadway history) ... all sorts of nerdy things like that. I also use a lot of parenthetical references in my writing (if you haven't noticed.)

I've never seen Elaine Paige onstage and would sure like to.

So everyone, say 'hi.'
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 12:33 PM
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: February Introduce Yourself Thread#1
Posted: 1/31/04 at 12:43pm
Hi, I'm Renee and i'm a Broadwayholic

I live in NYC and am a actress/singer/dancer
"waiting for my one big chance to be in a shooooow" :) I think Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland are Gods.
I have never seen Barbra perform so here's to hoping she has another concert.
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 12:43 PM
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: re: February Introduce Yourself Thread#2
Posted: 1/31/04 at 12:56pm
nickname:chen~don't ask
favorite music: BROADWAY of course. sutton foster is a GODDESS. besides that i like marilyn manson and sean paul(i just started liking him yesterday but he is HOT).
i live in: martinsville, NJ...i grew up in singapore then i moved to Witnetka(subarb of Chicago) then i moved to Northfield(another suburb of chicago) then i moved here. and somewhere along the way i stayed in St. louis tho i'm not sure y...
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
PB Ent. AKA PB Entertainment AKA Pati b. AKA PENNY (my evil twin)AKA Pati Buehler. I'm too old to remember, but I live in NJ. I write a column "Pati's Place, Philly and more" for Broadway World.com after writing for the "other" board.

My real job is running my own independant entertainment agency, PB Entertainment http://www.pbspotlight.com and am fortunate to work with some great Broadway and regional performers. I'm now involved in managing and producing some of the shows and events we are booking, which is a heck of a lot if work!

I spend the bulk of my time in theaters, on cell phones or on-line. So I see as few movies or TV as possible, by choice. I love swimming, scotch, animals, boogie-boards, beaching, roller coasters and climbing trees...in any combination.
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 01:35 PM
Hello Gorgeous
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hi, I'm Christa

"hello christa" (a la Finding Nemo)

I am 16, going on 17.....seriously....and I live in New Jersey. I am a Broadway groupie and have been ever since I was in 4th grade. I think that Bernadette Peters and Idina Menzel are goddesses (well, for the time being). I am an aspiring singer/actress, and am a dancer and it is my DREAM to be on Broadway (like most other people's)
~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My name is Bethany and I am a tween and I love Odina.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hi. I'm Leigh.

I'm 13, in 7th grade in a Catholic school that is run by a crazy nun who eats Twinkies so much and then stuffs the wrappers in her shoes.
I live somewhere very close to NYC, which is good because I'm always seeing shows.
My favorite show, as most of you know, is RENT. I'm SOOOOO obsessed with it. BTW, Idina Menzel is a goddess. I think she's one of the most talented people on Broadway.
I'm obsessed with any show, though there are some I like more than others. I've been obsessed since the beginning of 6th grade with RENT, but I've been obsessed with Broadway in general since I was 4.

Let's see, what else? Did I mention I love RENT?
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 04:17 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"that is run by a crazy nun who eats Twinkies so much and then stuffs the rappers in her shoes."

You win, you win! That's the funniest thing I've read all day.
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I had a Latin teacher in high school who had spent a semester in her long gone youth studying at the Sorbonne. She, eyes misting over, made us stand and sing Gaudeamus Igitur every blessed morning. Not quite as weird as Twinkie wrappers in the loafer...but closing in...
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
CJR Profile PhotoCJR Profile Photo
CJR
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm CJR -- yeah you can call me that, believe it or not I actually answer to it haha. I never know what the hell to say in these threads cause mostly everyone knows me already. Umm.. I'm *not* Roxane Carrasco re: re: re: re: re: re: re: February Introduce Yourself Thread hahaha

Seriously though... I'd be the "Chicago girl" of the board (and I use the word girl loosely lol). If you have a question about the show I can probably answer it -- but visit my FAQ before you ask: http://www.roxanecarrasco.com/cjrfaq ... As you can see by the aforementioned link, I run the official website for one of broadway/Chicago's most talented actresses, Roxane Carrasco.

Chicago aside, I've been involved in theatre since I was very young -- both theatre going and acting/singing/dancing myself. Broadway has always been a part of my life.

I love all kinds of music -- rap, rock, dance, soca, showtunes, pop... pretty much everything. Favorite artists include Sean Paul, Outkast, Dixie Chicks, Fleetwood Mac, Creed, Ludacris, Jay-Z.... the list goes on haha.

I figure skate competetively, play soccer (state champs!), do gymnastics and dance, and last year was scouted for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders re: re: re: re: re: re: re: February Introduce Yourself Thread

Ummm... I think that's it really.. I'm actually quite boring re: re: re: re: re: re: re: February Introduce Yourself Thread
"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Broadway Diva needs to meet PrincessMimiChiCha (or something like that).
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
my name is inigo montoya.

you killed my father.

prepare to die.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
february introduce yourself thread#12
Posted: 1/31/04 at 5:16pm
Hello everyone,
I'm Angel and I'm 17 years old. I live in Canada/Saskatchewan, which is bloody cold right now, and I'm a performer of all sorts. I plan to make my life deticated to musical theatre and pursue many different opportunities. Even though Saskatchewan isn't really a "popular" place in Canada, we have some of the best Musical Theatre talent.
I've been on this board for 2 days, and I'm enjoying everyones different ideas and opinions on many-a-thing. Can't wait to hear more from everyone.
You've gotta have heart AND music
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: february introduce yourself thread#13
Posted: 1/31/04 at 5:26pm
"Broadway Diva needs to meet PrincessMimiChiCha (or something like that)."

She (PrincessMimiChica) used to post on the sfr RENT boards- we've sort of met, kind of. I remember her, even though the boards have been down for a few months.
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 05:26 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: february introduce yourself thread#14
Posted: 1/31/04 at 5:41pm
My name is Link Larkin. I am 17 and I live in Baltimore, Maryland and I go to Patterson Park High. In the afternoons you can catch me on WZZT as a Council member on the Corny Collins Show and I am going to have a career as a singer -- the next Elvis.
shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: february introduce yourself thread

36 year old New York actor. Have a dog named Sherman. . My boyfriend and I have been together for 12 years and are starting an on-line video singing telegram business. It is called shermanslave. You can see a sample at the link.

bellboy singing telegram

Please visit Bitchy Waiter
TTL Profile PhotoTTL Profile Photo
TTL
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Hi I'm Trent! I'm a dancer/singer/actor. I'm currently dancing with the Ithaca Ballet Company in Upstate NY. My Biggest Project right now is our HS's Spring Musical, West Side Story! I am re-staging Jerome Robbins Choreography with his stage notes(Which is Neat!) and I am Action in the show. LOL I will be the darkest JET you'll meet! Haha. But someday, I'll be a shark. Anyways, You can check out my website: http://www.trentonloughlin.cjb.net People who are near and dear to me are Bob Arnold, Mindy Franzese Wild, and Marcial Gonzalez(All listed in Who's Who). They inspire me to greatness! I have met these Broadway Actors/Actresses - Roxane Carrasco,Stephanie Pope, Amy Spanger,Michael C. Hall, and Eric Jordan Young.
When I make it down to the city.....I obviously see shows, and also take dance classes among the Professionals at STEPS on Broadway and Broadway Dance Center. I've found my self with dancers from Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Urinetown. I also took a ballet class with Sean Martin Hingston the day i saw him in the show CONTACT! Ok I think thats enough for now. If you wanna chat online or something...my chatting devices are listed in my profile. Take Care!
~Trent
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
february introduce yourself thread#17
Posted: 1/31/04 at 7:23pm
Am I the only one getting creeped-out by juveniles posting their personal information on a message board?
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: february introduce yourself thread#18
Posted: 1/31/04 at 7:36pm
No you're not, etoile.

There are way too many under 18'ers on this board, in my opinion. They should be offline reading books instead of ease-dropping on the often cruel and inappropriate comments of adults. Not to mention the suggestive icons sometimes used.

Bulldog
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: february introduce yourself thread#19
Posted: 1/31/04 at 7:46pm
there ARE a large number of children giving out personal info..... not good....
Michael Jackson and R Kelly might be watching!
son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: february introduce yourself thread#20
Posted: 1/31/04 at 8:05pm
Papa that is a great, great movie. Inconceivable!re: re: february introduce yourself thread Hello I'm Joe(y) from Indiana. I love Broadway and really didn't truly fall in love with it til the summer after my junior year, but appreciated it before then. I'm 18 (I'm an adultre: re: february introduce yourself thread BB), and a freshman at Ball State in Indiana. I need to decide on a major,(some aspect of musical theatre hopefully) I have yet to go to New York but I've been to the West End. I would love just to see anyone talented enough to be on Broadway and do a good job. I try to be nice and helpful on the board so if you have a question I help if I can.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hi! My name is Dollypop, but most people call me Sterno.
I was born in a trailer park on Eastern Long Island, where my parents worked in the potato fields trying to meet the tuition needs for a family of seven that they had enrolled in military schools across this great land of ours. My father was a firm believer in discipline.

At the age of 14 I escaped from the La Salle Military Academy (which was run my the Christian Brother who really weren't Christian) and hitchhiked my way down the Appalachian Trail. This was an education unto itself.

As it turned out, I discovered God on the Appalachian Trail and entered the monastery of St. Fidgeta which is run by the Fidgetine Friars from Upper Sandusky. I was perfectly content there--until I met Brother Bruce and we realized that no monestary could deal with the bond that was developing between us. Brother Bruce and I left religious life and it was shortly afterwards that I discovered Brother Bruce was really a pre-op Sister Selma--the only kosher nun in Northern America. Such a revelation ended our relationship. I really didn't mind the sex change, it was the fact that he'd been a nun that really bothered me. Anyhow, I felt that my relationship with Bruce/Selma had broadened my horizons greatly because now I could appreciate good pastrami with a schmear.

Striking out on my own once again, I went into business with a dismal chap named Albin. We planned to open a huge Broadway-themed Theme Park in Saddle Brook, New Jersey. It turned out that Albin was a real mama's boy. He was thirty five at the time and his mother was still breast feeding him in public. I felt very uncomfortable whenever she did this in Luchows. To this day I can't look at a container of milk without thinking of Albin and his mother. Even evaporated milk evokes such memories.

In order to gain some meaning in my life, I bought a computer and found BroadwayWorld.Com. I've been here ever since.

Oh yeah, my favorite color is burnt umber and my favorite day of the week is Thursday because I spend the bulk of each Thursday crocheting doilies which I distribute to the homeless in Times Square.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At last, the backstory on the feud with Albin! Like Ricky Ricardo's father told him: "Nunca hagas negocios con sus amigos ni sus parientes."
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HI re: re: re: re: february introduce yourself thread
I'm Christine. I will be 22 years old tomorrow, so as you can guess I am an Aquarian. re: re: re: re: february introduce yourself thread
I live on Staten Island, which no matter how much the other boroughs try to deny it, we are a part of New York City. lol
I am in my third year of Business school. I would have graduated already, but I left after receiving my Associates degree and studied film for a year. Unfortunately I only went to my film classes, therefore failing my regular classes, so I decided to go back and finish Business school where I am more disciplined. I may continue with film after I have my bachelor's degree, but since I love theatre so much I might study that instead. I'm not a singer/dancer/actress, so I would love to work on theatre from behind the scenes...perhaps Directing.

Besides theatre, I love movies and television. And when I'm not online or being a couch potato, I attend to my 2 schnauzers. re: re: re: re: february introduce yourself thread One of whom is very high-strung.
I LOVE shopping. I have a sick obsession for shopping; and I'm very good at it. Unfortunately I don't make enough money at my little part time job to go shopping as much as I would like, re: re: re: re: february introduce yourself thread

"Name one performer you've never seen live and onstage that you'd like to see."
Well, I would say Barbra Streisand....but going with people who more more associated with theatre, I would have to say Audra McDonald.
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Updated On: 1/31/04 at 08:47 PM
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
"There are way too many under 18'ers on this board, in my opinion. They should be offline reading books instead of ease-dropping on the often cruel and inappropriate comments of adults. Not to mention the suggestive icons sometimes used." i don't mean to be rude or anything...but do you know what goes on between classes(and sometimes even in classes) in middle schools and high schools? i have a feeling that you would be suprised...there's a HUGE transition between the elementary and middle/high levels, probably because of the lack of teacher supervision...but let me put it this way. one year ago, this board would have made my face absolutely red hot...now it's regular...many times it is milder than what i am faced with everyday at school...
**i have a feeling someone's answer will go something like this: "and we wonder why america's youth is corrupted."**

hope no one takes this too personally or nothin
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.