Favorite Recipes

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photoson_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favorite Recipes#0
Posted: 1/25/04 at 8:54pm
All the recipes under comfort food have made me hungry. Favorite Recipes So I am posting a separate thread about everyone's favorite recipe's whether it be comfort food, snacks, desserts etc. We could have our own BWW cookbook, we need to rename them with Broadway names though. Like BG2's, Grease's Frenchie Fries or something like that. That one is bad but just to give an idea.
My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...
MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Favorite Recipes#1
Posted: 1/25/04 at 9:27pm
Brilliant! I'm thinking...
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Favorite Recipes#2
Posted: 1/25/04 at 10:01pm
I have this killer recipe for this dip my grandma used to make it was sooooo good I loved the stuff, I just have to find it. All I remember is it needs roka blue cheese, mm that stuff is good!
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Favorite Recipes#3
Posted: 1/25/04 at 10:09pm
Blue Cheese -- bleh!
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Favorite Recipes#4
Posted: 1/25/04 at 10:13pm
I know you all thought I was kidding about broadwayguy2's recipe for French Fries. Well, here it is compliments of broadwayguy2:

Large pot...
Crisco (the kind in the can)...

Spoon some criso into a large pot and heat it on the stove and wait for the Crisco to melt. You don't need a lot.. the crisco, when it melts, only needs to be barely 2" deep..

Once it is melted and heated.. check to make sure it is hot enough..
wet your hand under the sink and then sprinkle a bit of the water from your wet hand into teh pot CAREFULLY. The oil should "crackle".

This is when I usually add a little salt and pepper to teh oil then.

Drop the fries into the oil -- once again, VERY careful cause that **** spatters. Don't put in too many, you don't want them piled up or anything.. they should all be able to float on the surface...

stir them gentle while they are in there for about 5 minutes -- depends on the temp and your preferance of "crispiness".. don't wait for them to feel "crispy" in the oil or get dark cause they will burn.. just fool around with a few fries at fidn out what you like..

then using a laddle, preferable one with holes in it so the oil can drain out or it.. take out the fries and lie them on a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to soak up teh grease and let them cool a lil bit and then season them however you like
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Favorite Recipes#5
Posted: 1/25/04 at 10:16pm
If you want it healthier, you can use vegetable oil instead of Crisco.....
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Favorite Recipes#6
Posted: 1/25/04 at 10:20pm
Joizey I'm not a fan of Blue cheese at all but in this dip I can't even really tell its there it tastes really really good
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gee, I wonder if that blue cheese dip would go good with broadwayguy's french fries? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just the name, "Blue Cheese" makes it sound bad.
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Actually, isn't it spelled "Bleu" or something?
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
broadwayguy2- What did you do with the can of Crisco I had in the cabinet?

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
which half??

MM.. good fries....
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

i like making a chicken & vegetables stir fry, or shrimp & vegetables depending on my mood.

but i cant give you the recipe, i was taught to cook by my aunt...

me: how much salt do you put?
her: till it feels good.

yeahhhh. okayyyyy.

-Christina
robyn525600
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I have a KILLER recipe for a hot dip! Everyone loves it!

You need a rectangular glass pan.

For the recipe you need:

2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
2 bags of shredded cheddar cheese
1 jar Hormel real bacon pieces
1 box of Ritz Crackers
3-4 scallions

Soften the cream cheese and mix with the cheddar cheese and chopped up scallions. Spread that out evenly on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the bacon bits evenly over that. Take 25 ritz crackers and break them up VERY finely (I put them into a sandwich bad and mash them) and sprinkle them evenly over the bacon. Microwave for approx. 7 minutes (or until the middle is hot) and scoop the dip out with the remaining Ritz crackers.

ENJOY!!!!!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
DivaMommy Profile PhotoDivaMommy Profile Photo
DivaMommy
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Ok- who knew that Boneless Buffalo Wings could be so easy to make? Here's the skinny:

You need breaded chicken peices - you can buy them pre-made and fry them or bake them or I'll tell you how to make your own. If you buy them, try to get real breast pieces, not that nasty formed chicken.

To make them yourself -

Cut up chicken breasts - about 1/2 per person for appetizers, into approx 1 inch square pieces.

Then dip each piece into a mixture of egg and milk, then roll in flour that has been seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika. Repeat.

Then, fry in fry daddy or on the stove (I prefer canola oil, the least of the evils) for 3-4 minutes and check to make sure they are cooked through.

Ok - the buffalo sauce -

Mix 1 tablespoon of melted margarine with 3/4 cup of Crystal's Louisiana Hot Sauce or Franks hot sauce. I even noticed that our local Super Walmart was carrying a generic brand of louisiana hot sauce. THATS IT! Just pour the sauce over the chicken and serve wit some yummy bleu cheese dressing. MMMM! I wish I had some chicken.
...and your children start to leave you from the moment they are born.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You know, we've talked about doing the NYC AIDS Walk together this spring, right? Why don't we take Son of a gunn's idea one step further and compile a booklet of our favorite recipes and sell them at the event? Whatever the proceeds are, we can donate them to "the cause". (Dollypop will gladly contribute the whole menu served at the Harmonia Gardens Restaurant--including Ernestina's "pommes souffle")
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 1/26/04 at 08:25 PM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I love the idea, Dollypop. And it's not really that difficult to do. There are fundraising companies that will pretty much walk you through the process. The only difficulty might be coming up with the money to pay for the books up front. Still ...it's probably do-able.

Can you imagine the ordeal of choosing just the right title?...lol
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RecipeWorld.Com ?

Delights From Diamond's Diner ?

Off-Topic, But On-Table ?

Who's Online and What's OnTable?

Scraps From Corine's Corner ?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dollypop made a good idea great! I love it. It's a very good idea. I love it! Now just to come up with the funds for it. It'd be great it'd be a great way for some of those who can't actually be at the Aids Walk to feel like they are a part of it too.
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Does frozen pizza count?

son_of_a_gunn_25
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not unless you make it from scratch then freeze it for later usere: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Favorite Recipes
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No, sorry. I make good toast.

Mattio98
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
how about this for a title: A Broadway Buffet

i'll see what i can dig up to contribute
DT Profile PhotoDT Profile Photo
DT
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Favorite Recipes#23
Posted: 1/27/04 at 12:50am
This is one of my favorites and it's easy and yet bordering on gourmet!

P.S. - I apologize in advance for any spelling errors!

Ingredients:
Portabello Mushrooms
Sundried Tomatoes
Risotto
Heavy Cream
Salt, Pepper
Dijon Mustard

Saute/Grill/Cook chicken breasts.
Add Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms, saute lightly
In a seperate saucepan, add 1/2 cup dijon mustard to 1/2 cup heavy cream - - this is your sauce. Stir continuously, but do not allow to boil.
Boil the risotto until it is cooked (if it gets fluffy, you've gone too far. If it's hard like uncooked pasta, you need to let it continue!)
Mix everything together and serve with a nice sprinkling of fresh parsley atop for garnish.

Mmmmmmmmmm!
etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Favorite Recipes#24
Posted: 1/27/04 at 3:17am
DP, I love your idea, and although I don't have many family recipes to pass along, I think most here can come up with at least one.

How about a not so simple title like: Broadwayworld.com's First Official Aids Walk CookBook.

Money could be raised by requiring those submitting recipes to include a donation to defray cost of printing. And without pressuring anyone, donations could be requested of members and readers of this site. Of course all of this would have to be with the approval of management. And they would assume no liability for gastrical repercussions that might result from submissions of the culinarily challenged. But it is a great idea. The only down side be that time is working against us.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.