Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 5

NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery- Page 5

TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HA HA HA HA
omg. Okay. As innapropriate as it is to compare ayone to Hitler, THAT just made my day.
AWESOME!
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
If they were true Sondheim fans, they would have spelled his name right.

Very funny, though.
qolbinau Profile Photoqolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well of course that's the point though (they aren't true fans).
"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
Bettyboy72 Profile PhotoBettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That clip is brilliant. Sadly, I am sure that meltdown has happened in bedrooms all over the five boroughs.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
millie_dillmount Profile Photomillie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Yea, I wasn't referring to the attire to camp out for tickets, I was referring to how many of these kids look only film. They are most likely depressed or disenfranchised. They are often overweight, a little slovely, and act age inappropriate."

Then why did you mention something about them hiding in oversized show sweatshirts? I would be doing that as well in the middle of the night, especially if it gets cold.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
broadwaybaby086
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hilarious.

(ETA: The video, I mean.)
"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...
Updated On: 10/7/09 at 07:08 PM
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sorry Millie, I was actually referring to the act of hiding their bodies in oversized clothes, as if they are not comfortable in their own skin. I wasn't referring to them like camping out in their clothes. Typically folks who don't like their bodies hide it.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
adamgreer Profile Photoadamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That video was hilarious!
givesmevoice Profile Photogivesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bettyboy, I have to agree with you on a lot of your point, although I do think there might be some blanket statements. But I definitely would be lying if I said I never had similar thoughts about some of the rushers I've seen.
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
givesmevoice, my thoughts are a "snapshot" of those intense fans I have encountered and seen online. My thoughts are not generalizable in any way. Just my observations on a small segment of rabid fans for various shows. Thanks for helping me clarify that.
givesmevoice Profile Photogivesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No problem. Like I said, though, I definitely agree with you, judging from my own experiences with rushers.
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
EveHarrington Profile PhotoEveHarrington Profile Photo
EveHarrington
Stand-by
Stand-by
Bettyboy, I definitely agree with your assessment. I have to say it always makes me chuckle when these kids whine loudly about not being accepted by their peers or being "nerdy". If they devoted maybe a little time to making friends outside the rush line and toward developing a sense of self and some confidence, maybe they wouldn't feel quite so "unpopular" with people who have interests that may be a little less destructive and crazy.
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I mean I feel like most of them have trouble coming to grips with the fact that while it's fine and dandy to enjoy theatre, it's not the most popular thing out there . If they were obsessed about a particular sport or team then I am sure that they would get a different reaction from those that they run into in school. But, considered that they are overly into something that is a fringe interest, they become a target for people to ridicule them. And, they are blind to the reason why such actions happen.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
saveusmike Profile Photosaveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
It so silly how they do all this to be the number one Alice Ripley fan.

We all know I am the true number 1 Alice Ripley fan...
"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q
threetwoone Profile Photothreetwoone Profile Photo
threetwoone
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#115
Posted: 10/21/09 at 12:03am
I read this somewhere, and felt it summed up a lot of what was discussed in this thread. If this is someone from here, I guess I just made an enemy!

"Alice was HILARIOUS because she knew who the entire front row was made up of, she kept shooting us goofy looks and was even more 'electric' than usual. Because of her goofiness, there is some giggling from my friends and I. Oh, and Shannon is on drums (for those who care haha) and he'll be the new drummer starting the 26th :)"
heo1128
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#116
Posted: 10/21/09 at 12:34am
Is anyone else completely weirded out that the fangirls are now obsessed with Alice's husband?
jadziadax Profile Photojadziadax Profile Photo
jadziadax
Swing
Swing
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#117
Posted: 10/21/09 at 3:06am
Does anyone know (or could anyone make a guess at) the likelihood of getting lottery tickets for either performance this Sunday? Thanks in advance!
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#118
Posted: 10/21/09 at 8:04am
heo1128, I too find it kind of strange that they are now fixated on her husband as well as her.

My birthday wish regarding Next To Normal, is that these annoying fans take a long time with winning the lotto. Just so that I can see their reaction when they don't have their precious Next To Normal fix. I feel like it would be comparable to denying a smoker a cigarette.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
FanofMusicals
Swing
Swing
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#119
Posted: 3/24/10 at 11:48pm
Does anyone know what seats are available in the lottery?

thanks
adamgreer Profile Photoadamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Replaces Rush with Lottery#120
Posted: 3/25/10 at 12:36am
The first 10 seats are the front row center orchestra.
The next 4 seats are the side front row orchestra (2 on each side).
The remaining 12 seats are in the boxes (6 in each box).