Profile for Bettyboy72

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bettyboy72
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roundabout's HOLIDAY INN Free on BroadwayHD  May 30 2020, 03:21:41 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s also on Blu-Ray. It’s a “bonus disc”’for the “Holiday Inn” film."

That's where I got it. It's a glorious production. Happy to own it. 

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 27 2020, 10:17:02 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "Theater3232 said: "Do they intend to still sell concessions if people wear masks? I imagine sales would be way down if people wear masks, which would severely hurt the theater's bottom line."

I think you're grossly overestimatinghow much theater owners make from selling concessions. Concessions (for the theater owners) and merch (the owners and the shows) contribute relatively little to the bottom line.
"

RIP Larry Kramer  May 27 2020, 12:04:06 PM
Very sad indeed. We owe him so much. First Terrence and now Larry. We are losing our icons. Rest In Peace dear Larry.

Revivals post COVID  May 27 2020, 08:29:21 AM
I hope producers plan on streamlining budgets to make shows more affordable for folks. I’m always struck by t he fact that when I watch documentaries of the earlier days of Broadway many actors, playwrights etc talk about going to the theatre all the time. They speak of it like going to a movie-going regularly and often. It had to be cheaper then. We need to get back to a more affordable model especially after this recession.

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21  May 22 2020, 11:20:02 AM

AC126748 said: "The show flopped on Broadway a few years ago because audiences weren’t willing to pay $150 to watch two actors read from scripts at desks in their street clothes — even if those actors are on the level of an Alan Alda or a Carol Burnett. The production was solid and got a rave review in the Times, but it still didn’t go anywhere financially. "
Exactly. It’s too slight to be that expensive even with names. That is why it is always

STREETCAR With Gillian Anderson Streams Today 5/21  May 21 2020, 10:55:41 PM
She was stunning. So glad I got to watch it. The final moments are a master class.

Why the hate for moulin rouge  May 20 2020, 10:00:03 AM
I really enjoyed Moulin Rouge. As someone else pointed out, it feels like a Vegas show. I appreciated it for what it was. I am a fan of the film but hate the editing of the dance numbers. You can’t see the choreography. It’s all quick cuts. I like that I could see all the choreography on stage. The show was a confection and got me out of my head. I was grateful and appreciative.

That being said, I’m a little critical of such shows because I know that they are really hard on the actors.

FROZEN closes on Broadway  May 14 2020, 05:17:24 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Honestly, this is shocking. If a Disney show can’t survive no one is safe. So sorry for the entire cast and crew. Especially Ciara, who seems to have bad luck when being employed by Disney."

Is this really shocking? I mean, I know the pandemic definitely didn't help, but must we attribute everything to it and create more dread. Wasn't Frozen sagging at the box office for quite some time and got a little boost with the sequel hitting

Cursed Child Cancelled Until Sept 6  May 12 2020, 07:53:33 PM
I appreciate all the optimism and I long for when we can all be back together on Broadway. However, what I feel others are neglecting to talk about is that people are traumatized. There are the outliers who are parading around grocery stores without masks and demanding for things to be open. However I feel the majority of people are quite shell shocked about being around others. People are skittish about being touched, breathed on, or even next to another person. People are being conditioned to

Christine Ebersole stole the show in War Paint  May 11 2020, 06:42:28 PM

Marlothom said: "I will say, I was captivated by this show when I saw it at the Goodman, up close. When I saw it on Broadway, from the Mezz, it did not have the same impact. While the ladies never met, I think the writing team could have been more creative - for example, during Face to Face where they both imagine (and walk in to) each other's world - more of that. "

I agree. Saw it twice at the Goodman. Loved it in the smaller space  I hated the

Tootsie National Tour: Equity Production Scrapped, to start non-union?  May 4 2020, 10:23:12 PM
I don’t understand how they are losing money? Aren’t the houses are presold with subscriptions? Why would they replace the cast? Does Equity want more safety precautions or something?

Patti LuPone didn't like 90th Birthday 'Ladies who lunch'  May 2 2020, 10:34:40 PM
The performance was total fun and a great surprise. Considering the circumstances it was very well done and creative. I love Patti but she needs to stop being so caustic. She was just on WWHL and apparently she was replaced in the Mendes Gypsy revival the same way she was replaced in Sunset. Pretty telling. Maybe it’s you Patti.

Let’s Get LEGENDS! On Broadway!  Apr 27 2020, 09:19:53 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Catherine O’Hara and Parker Posey"

Catherine O’Hara and Andrea Martin. Bingo!

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 10:31:37 PM

Play Esq. said: "Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

Josh, not very good by the way....
"

No. He was pushing. Im not sure why he's here, honestly.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:36:38 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh, Katrina. This is just perfection."

I concur. Sigh.

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 09:32:33 PM

Judy Kuhn nailed my fave rare Sondhiem song. I am so glad she chose it. I wept. Katrina singing Johanna made my cry too. Stunning. 

Let’s Get LEGENDS! On Broadway!  Apr 26 2020, 05:34:14 PM
The Linda Evans/Joan Collins tour was a dud. This chestnut only sizzles with exceptional talent. You need top notch stage actors and comedians. You’ll also need A listers if you want to fill seats. You’d need Bette and Lily or Lily and Jane or the like if you want a successful run.

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 17 2020, 09:39:18 AM

Dave28282 said: "Wouldn't it be a good idea to hire someone that can actually really sing and therefore act through sung notes instead of in spite of sung notes?

Note-avoiding bleats are not the same as acting through song.
"

Have you watched any recent film musicals? No one can sing and it doesn’t stop them. 

Head Over Heels  Apr 14 2020, 04:41:45 PM
I truly hope he can heal from this. It seems like a huge wound. He posts about it every few months. A long rant like the one above that eventually gets deleted. He’s mentioned he’s not supposed to talk about due to a gag order. I hope he can move on. He’s really talented.
There are two sides to every story so I respect his feelings but assume there is more. We have no idea why he was pulled and very restrictive legal action was taken.
Also in Show Business it was he and Jeff Marx that

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 13 2020, 10:47:35 AM
I wonder if this might go the way of being produced in a cheaper fashion by one of the streaming services than a studio with Glenn being the biggest name. By peppering the supporting cast with stage vets and not stars it might keep costs down yet still be eligible for Oscar season. Also, Glenn is incredibly wealthy. She was wealthy even before she became a star. She could probably finance this herself. Her parents estate is worth a ton. She also has tons of wealthy and influential business frien

You must log in to view off-topic posts.