Page: 1

Snow Day!

Elphie Profile PhotoElphie Profile Photo
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Snow Day!#0
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:40am
So I wake up this morning around six, but my mom excitedly yells to my bedroom that its a delayed opening! So I close my eyes and begin to get all comfy under the blankets for about another 2 hours. So I end up sleeping a little late- school opens at 9:30 on a snow day and rush to get ready for a beautiful high school day. So my mom shovels the driveway and brushes off the car and we are ready to go. I get to my school- not a single car there. Its likes like a deserted village. Me and mom laugh hysterically. We both had an inkling that school was closed due to about 5 kids we saw along our ride trecking through the snow with sleighs in their front yards.
The radio station must have messed things up because they said delayed opening. When I got home, I called the police and they announced schools were closed. My mom said she called them around 7:30- I normally start school at 7:20- and there was no message. What a great morning!
Well I plan on listening to show tunes all morning and may be later watch Freaky Friday with my mom. I am now addicted to the recording of PARADE. If I ever see auditions, I'm jumping on it. Such beautiful music.
Have a fun snow day everyone!
"They hear drums. We hear music."
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Snow Day!#1
Posted: 1/15/04 at 9:54am
In spite of record low temperatures in the North East, snow and the risk of frost bite if your is exposed to the outside for more than 7 minutes, some of us still have to be at work and don't get a snow day. Enjoy it while you're in school kid, because there is very rarely a snow day once you start working. Unless you intend to work in a school.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
BroadwayDiva Profile PhotoBroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Snow Day!#2
Posted: 1/15/04 at 10:45am
Happy snow day to you too!!!!!!!!
It's supposed to get to -30 or -40 tonight (don't remember which). It's too cold, actually. I think the North East will freeze!
I have my books and my poetry to protect me...
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: Snow Day!#3
Posted: 1/15/04 at 10:48am
Sorry you dont have a snow day, but I'm sure you had plently fun snow days in your youth.
Have a happy day all
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#4
Posted: 1/15/04 at 10:56am
All of the record lows were lost on me as I'm still on Russian weather. I stepped outside and....don't hate me for this....thought it was rather on the warm side.

"Give me a week, I'm certain to recover."
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#5
Posted: 1/15/04 at 11:43am
Yeah me too. I didnt think it was blistering cold.
I just had on a normal coat and scarve with wool gloves. I felt fine haha.
Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile PhotoCrazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#6
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:27pm
im in 7th grade and i had christmas vaction from 11/23-1/5 i went to back to school on 1/5 and then 1/6-1/15 i had off because my schools bolier blew up. so i might return back tomrorw we were suppose to return today but we had to use a snow day
"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 12:27 PM
TheaterBaby Profile PhotoTheaterBaby Profile Photo
TheaterBaby
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Snow Day!#7
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:29pm
Well, I go to school in midtown Manhattan lol so we very rarely get a snow day...though there are a lot of students absent today. I live on Staten Island and it took me a while to get here. I was very tempted to stay home today, but I have one class where we have to take an online quiz every weekend for the chapter we did that week and my book was in my locker.  re: Snow Day! It doesn't make sense to take the quiz if I can't study for it.  re: Snow Day!

Any-hoo, it has stopped snowing, the sun is shining, it's still freezing; but it's very pretty outside...and now I'm off to 2 hours of Algebra, unless I decide to just go home. hmmmm, yeah, I'm not gonna go to that class today. lol
"It's the little things; the details, that distinguish the Barbra Streisands from the Rosalyn Kinds."~Gilmore Girls~
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Snow Day!#8
Posted: 1/15/04 at 12:45pm
We had snow, but no snow day. re:  re: Snow Day! Right above where I live...around Cleveland...they always get tons of snow due to Lake Erie. We did have finals yesterday and today so we got off at 11:40! re:  re: Snow Day!
CCM '10!
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Snow Day!#9
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:32pm
Many schools in my area are off right now.
The wind chill is so bad that when I ran outside to let the dog out, (I was almost naked) I almost died.
Hamlet's father.
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#10
Posted: 1/15/04 at 1:34pm
Orion...

See, the trick is to work for a school (like me). Now I get to enjoy snow days all over again.
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#11
Posted: 1/15/04 at 2:46pm
We had a Snow Day today here in Rochester, NY.
ChristineDaae Profile PhotoChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#12
Posted: 1/15/04 at 4:53pm
We had a snow day to!! =-D
"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#13
Posted: 1/15/04 at 5:08pm
We were off here today in Central NJ! It's freezing here...like, much more cold than usual. Ugh, hate snow.
Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile PhotoCrazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Snow Day!#14
Posted: 1/15/04 at 5:47pm
i dont go back until tuesday..and ive been off since 12/23-1/5 and then 1/5-1/20.yay for broken boilers
"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
b-waygirl
Stand-by
Stand-by
i once walked out to the bus stop when a "hurricane" was supposed to hit cos i thought there was gonna be school cos it didn't really "hit" central jersey. there was alot of wind and felled trees. i waited for 20 minutes before my mom drove back wit my sister. they had come from the high school. in a car. there was no school while i was STANDING IN THE WIND FOR 20 MINUTES. dunno why i'm posting this. just has to do wit school closings.
my school closed too...
parking for drive-thru service only. thank you.
JoizeyActor Profile PhotoJoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh poo. The snow day is over. Back to school tomorrow. See you in the morning Elphie for Chorus at 7. UGH!

tkts
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Snow? I remember that, don't see it much in San Francisco! Now I remember why I left the east coast!
Cake or death?
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No school for me tomorrow! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  re: Snow Day! Chorus at 7?? That is too early to sing, lol. I really want to be in chorus at my school, but all the class consists of is drug dealers who want a free block. It is sad...I do start musical theatre class on Tuesday!
CCM '10!
Updated On: 1/15/04 at 10:47 PM
BrdwyThtr Profile PhotoBrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Another Snow Day today! Wow, I'm getting a 5-day weekend.
Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Monday and Tuesday no school!
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
NO DARN FAIR!! re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:  re: Snow Day!
CCM '10!
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have midterms starting next Monday! Ugh!