Advertisement

Page: 5

Flying Over Sunset

CoercedBull
Understudy
Understudy
Flying Over Sunset#101
Posted: 2/13/20 at 11:47pm

This just took my expectations for this show and skyrocketed them. Both these songs are gorgeous, the title number especially so. I am so, so excited to see this next month!!

CoercedBull
Understudy
Understudy
Flying Over Sunset#102
Posted: 2/13/20 at 11:47pm

This just took my expectations for this show and skyrocketed them. Both these songs are gorgeous, the title number especially so. I am so, so excited to see this next month!!

DoTheDood Profile PhotoDoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Flying Over Sunset#103
Posted: 2/14/20 at 12:55am

Listening to all these sneak peaks makes me pumped for this show. Really hoping for a cast album so I can hear Cusack on repeat with that title song, it's just too good!

qolbinau Profile Photoqolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#104
Posted: 2/14/20 at 4:48am

jacobsnchz14 said: "Laura Heywood also posted the full title number:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2X8b59upqE"

Carmen sounds great!!

"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
bwayphreak234 Profile Photobwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#105
Posted: 2/14/20 at 8:22am

LOVE the title song. I am so excited to see this.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Updated On: 2/14/20 at 08:22 AM
musikman Profile Photomusikman Profile Photo
musikman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Flying Over Sunset#106
Posted: 2/14/20 at 11:50am
*immediately buys ticket*

Honest to goodness legit singing in a new broadway musical. *jubilation*
-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."
CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#107
Posted: 2/14/20 at 11:56am

FYI, on the Telecharge app, they're selling center orchestra row A for previews, while the seating chart on the website has B as the first row.

BroadwayBaby6 Profile PhotoBroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#108
Posted: 2/14/20 at 12:50pm

Wayman_Wong said: "I'ma fan of Tom Kitt's songs. His pop-rock scores are often so melodic and catchy. I especially love''Next to Normal,'' ''High Fidelity'' and ''If/Then.'' I've got high hopes for ''Flying Over Sunset.''"

Tom Kitt's rock score for "Almost Famous" is wonderful. I fell in love with the show in San Diego.

As for "High Fidelity", it is one of the most underrated shows of the last 20 years. It was miscast and badly directed.  Scott Miller, an amazing director and writer out of St. Louis wrote a great defense of the musical.

http://www.newlinetheatre.com/hifichapter.html

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#109
Posted: 2/14/20 at 1:50pm
What’s the chance this can extend to September? Does the theatre have another booking? I assume they must be hoping for an extended run or they’ll never recover enough costs.
"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
HBBrock
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#110
Posted: 2/14/20 at 6:02pm

I expect this show to be all over TDF. It would be lucky to get through it's scheduled run. No way this extends.

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photoseaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Flying Over Sunset#111
Posted: 2/15/20 at 11:17am
Someone on YouTube commented that the opening song sounds like one of Cecily Strong’s sketches on SNL where she sings an obscure musical theatre song, and now that’s all I hear.
SouthernCakes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Flying Over Sunset#112
Posted: 2/15/20 at 11:46am
I would think it would absolutely extend through Labor Day if the notices are good and it picks up some awards.
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flying Over Sunset#113
Posted: 2/15/20 at 2:54pm
I wonder if this could feasibly win the Tony Award for Best Musical. Maybe I’m forgetting something but it seems like a pretty thin season? Six? Mrs Doubtfire?
BroadwayBear2
Understudy
Understudy
Flying Over Sunset#114
Posted: 2/15/20 at 2:58pm

The creative team and cast scream Tony Winning Best Musical, but who knows. Anything can happen, but personally--this is my top contender....especially after hearing that title song. Feels like a big departure for Tom Kitt, which is very exciting.

somechrysanthemumtea Profile Photosomechrysanthemumtea Profile Photo
somechrysanthemumtea
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Flying Over Sunset#115
Posted: 2/16/20 at 5:19am

It's a gorgeous title song - and I'm fascinated by how much LSD figures into the storyline. Very excited to hear the rest of the score, and hear about the staging (choreography?), and other performances. Grey Gardens vibes, too. Hope it's a hit! 

SouthernCakes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Flying Over Sunset#116
Posted: 2/16/20 at 11:42am
I did hate Lapine’s design/direction for Falsettos. But did love the show and performances. So.

Advertisement