jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#26
Posted: 2/7/08 at 1:14pm
Its confirmed now.. i might be late...

(per yahoo)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080207/ap_on_el_pr/romney

John McCain effectively sealed the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday as chief rival Mitt Romney suspended his faltering presidential campaign. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney told conservatives.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Updated On: 2/7/08 at 01:14 PM
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#27
Posted: 2/7/08 at 1:20pm
Uh, Barack is way cuter than Mitt and Edwards was cuter than both...plus I have no interest in dealing with his magic underwear.
jaystarr Profile Photojaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#28
Posted: 2/7/08 at 1:23pm
(from Bay Windows)

http://www.baywindows.com/index.php?ch=news&sc=glbt&sc2=news&sc3=&id=55894

re: Mitt Quit

With just 51 percent of the vote in Massachusetts, former governor Mitt Romney barely squeaked out a win in his home state - well, one of his three home states, that is - on Super Tuesday. That tells you about all you need to know about the state of his presidential campaign: Mitt Romney laid an egg. It might be a $35 million Fabergé egg, but it’s still an egg. Not surprisingly, members of the local LGBT community certainly aren’t shedding any tears over Romney’s likely exit from the presidential stage, which is expected to come sooner rather than later.

Romney continued his anti-gay rhetoric on the presidential campaign trail, running ads in Iowa touting his opposition to marriage equality, for instance, and emphasizing in his stump speeches the need for all children to have married, opposite-sex parents. He also backtracked on his previously stated support for employment non-discrimination and hate crimes protections and generally distanced himself from any pro-gay sentiments he once expressed, which contributed in part to his being labeled a flip-flopper.

Updated On: 2/7/08 at 01:23 PM
WindyCityActor Profile PhotoWindyCityActor Profile Photo
WindyCityActor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#29
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:17pm
Sounds like he's sucking on the conservative teat in the hopes of being named as VP candidate.

http://www.towleroad.com/2008/02/mitt-romney-spe.htmlhttp://www.towleroad.com/2008/02/mitt-romney-spe.html

Mitt Romney has dropped out of the presidential race. In a speech announcing he's suspending his campaign, he also took the time to ponder the "attacks on our culture," among them gays and lesbians who want to marry and the "liberal judges" who would give us equal rights.

Said Romney: "The development of a child is enhanced by having a mother and father. Such a family is the ideal for the future of the child and for the strength of a nation. I wonder how it is that unelected judges, like some in my state of Massachusetts, are so unaware of this reality, so oblivious to the millennia of recorded history. It is time for the people of America to fortify marriage through constitutional amendment, so that liberal judges cannot continue to attack it!"

Updated On: 2/7/08 at 02:17 PM
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#30
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:28pm
I read somewhere that if people wanted to defend marriage, they'd outlaw divorce, make adultery a felony and close the bars at 9pm.

Liberal judges are like theatre critics--they're only credible when you agree with them
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#31
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:30pm
^^^^ Perfect planre: Mitt Quit
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#32
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:36pm
Honey, I've said it for YEARS...

If you want to preserve marriage, them out law divorce and make adultery punishable by public stoning.

The fact that gays are doing what they want in their own bedroom has NOTHING to do with the sanctity of marriage.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#33
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:40pm
I'm all about the public stoning....Oh, you mean with actual stones. Never mind.
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#34
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:41pm
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#35
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:44pm
What's sad is that he might have been a good Repub. candidate had he emphasized his business acumen rather than trying to be a Huck/Johnny Mack hydra. I think he greatly overestimated the religious right's influence on the GOP.
blueroses
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#36
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:49pm
"Silver medals"? Oh yeah, he's gunning for VP.
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 02:49 PM
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#37
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:52pm
So which of the 5 Romney boys will be the first to come out?

Will it be

Ben (Status: Married; Orientation: Straight

Craig (who's set all his other MySpace photos to "private"; Status: Married)

Josh (Status: Married, Orientation: Straight)

Matt (Status: Married)

or Tagg (is the second "g" for "gay"?; Status: Married)
Five Brothers: The Romney Campaign Blog
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#38
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:54pm
I think "Josh" is actually Mormonese for "gay".
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#39
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:56pm
A beard and Cybill Shepherd lighting do wonders for Ben.

Three of the five have Meth Eyes...so it's hard to REALLY tell. But I'm gonna cast a vote for Matt.
"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#40
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:58pm
I think Matt used too much mascara for that photo shoot.
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 02:58 PM
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#41
Posted: 2/7/08 at 2:59pm
I feel like I should feed Craig a sugar cube.
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#42
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:00pm
I see a bit of a twinkle in Matt's eyes..
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#43
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:00pm
Craig for me--I like those toothy boys.

But I can't go there with a Mormon...too much like eating a fluffernutter--good at first, then progressively less appetizing.
Calvin Profile PhotoCalvin Profile Photo
Calvin
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#44
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:01pm
And Tagg a bucket of acorns.
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#45
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:02pm
Do I remember reading somewhere that the more children of one gender one has, the more likely someone in the spawn is gonna be gay? That's a LOTTA boys!

Sugar cubes, carrots, apples, and hay for Craig.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#46
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:02pm
Josh scares me.
....but the world goes 'round
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#47
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:04pm
Well...I think Gene Wilder might be teaching Josh the words to PUTTING ON THE RITZ.
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#48
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:06pm
LOL robbie.

And how much does Ben NOT belong to that family?
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#49
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:07pm
But he looks so shy and sensitive in that photo...I bet Dan Fogleberg was playing in the background. Some Sierra Club pamphlets lying somewhere nearby...
Updated On: 2/7/08 at 03:07 PM
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mitt Quit#50
Posted: 2/7/08 at 3:08pm
He's clearly the black sheep of the fam. Poor guy probably sits at the kids table on Thanksgiving.

And I bet he votes democrat.