STAGE TUBE: United Solo's MARRIED SEX Kicks Off Indiegogo Project
After a successful run in the New York International Fringe Festival, MARRIED SEX, written and performed by Laura Zam, will be premiering Off-Broadway in November as part of the United Solo Festival at Theatre Row.
Using a daring blend of hilarity and poignancy, Zam documents her own journey healing from childhood sexual abuse in this tour-de-force solo show-- which also features 29 other characters (played by Zam) struggling with sex!
The United Solo show will be presented on November 5, 2013 at 9 pm. For tickets, visit http://unitedsolo.org/us/2013-marriedsex/.
Based on the tremendous interest in MARRIED SEX and its content, Ms. Zam has launched an extensive audience engagement project with the aim of promoting dialogue and healing around sex. This project is being funded through an Indiegogo campaign that will be raising money through Sept. 13, 2013. Funding for this project supports:
- Free Sex Brunches in NYC and Washington, DC (Think sex ed for adults with mimosas. Plus lots of fun, safe discussion)
- An online Sex Brunch via a blog
- Free writing workshops with individuals who've been sexually abused/assaulted (in NYC and DC)
- Publication of two informational e-books
- Research for a memoir, based on this play
- Production expenses for Off-Broadway performance
Watch the Indiegogo video for MARRIED SEX below!
Click Here to Watch the Video!