NOW PLAYING: Abster Productions Presents AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY thru 9/30
"Buckle up! This is going to be one hell of a family reunion"
Abster Productions presents the Regional Premiere of Pulitzer Prize winning AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY by Tracy Letts, playing now through September 30th in Boulder, CO. At the Westons’ Oklahoma farmhouse, the patriarch, Beverly, goes missing. The family gathers together at The Farmhouse hoping for good news, but after five days, his body is found in a lake, a presumed suicide. The play takes us through the family’s pain, not just over Beverly’s death, but of living in a very dysfunctional family for many years. Violet, the drug-addicted, brain-addled matriarch, her three daughters, and their families try, unsuccessfully, to work out their problems from the time they arrive hoping to find Beverly, through his funeral, and on into the next day. Darkly comic, but also violent and sad, AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY explores the painful issues all families have to face, and then some.
Under the direction of Peter Hughes, the cast includes Wade Livingston (Beverly Weston), Anne Oberbroeckling (Violet Weston), Abby Apple-Boes (Barbara Fordham), Lisa Kraai (Ivy Weston), Missy Moore (Karen Weston), Jay Louden (Bill Fordham), Christine Sharpe (Jean Fordham), Matt Maxwell (Steve Heidebrecht), Kerry Beebe (Mattie Fae Aiken), Gary Leigh Webster (Charlie Aiken), Shane Delavan ("Little" Charles Aiken), Amanda Kowalski (Johnna Monevata) and Ken Paul (Sheriff Deon Gilbeau).
AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY was the recipient of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and additionally won the 2008 Tony Award, Drama Desk Award and New York Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Play. The 2009 US national tour first performed at Denver's Buell Theatre.
Tracy Letts is also the author of Superior Donuts, which had its world premiere at Steppenwolf in 2008 and opened on Broadway in 2009 and performed at the Denver Center; Man from Nebraska, which was produced at Steppenwolf in 2003 and was a finalist for a Pulitzer Prize; Killer Joe, which has been produced in Chicago, London and New York; and Bug, which has played in New York, Chicago and London. Television credits include: The District, Profiler, Prison Break, The Drew Carey Show, Seinfeld and Home Improvement.
Abster Productions was created to promote and create theatrical, musical and artistic events in the Denver/Boulder area. Abby Apple Boes is the executive producer and has leveraged her business and entertainment background to create a Production Company that supports the arts in Colorado. The company is rounded out by a team of local artists from across the front range area.
Abster Productions presents the Regional Premiere AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY fascinating audiences now through September 30th at The Dairy Center, 2590 Walnut Street in Boulder, CO. Performances are Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. with a special performance on Tuesday, September 18 at 7:30 p.m. For tickets or more information, contact the Dairy Center by calling 303-444-7328 or online at www.thedairy.org or at www.AugustOsageBoulder.com. Video at: http://www.augustosageboulder.com/video.
Photo credit: Rachel Graham
Clockwise L- R: Missy Moore, Abby Apple-Boes, Kerry Beebe, Lisa Kraai and (sitting center) Anne Oberbroeckling
- BWW Reviews: Theatre Espirit Asia Presents a Haunting Homage to Motherhood with 99 HISTORIES at Vintage Theatre
- BWW Interviews: Patricia Ward Kelly on Her Husband and Love, Gene Kelly and What His Legacy Means to Her
- BWW Interviews: Denver Actress and Filmmaker Katharyn Grant and her new film, THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU, currently featured at the STARZ Denver Film Festival!
- BWW Reviews: The Denver Center Company Presents a Hilarious Insight into Art Appreciation with THE MOST DESERVING
- BWW Reviews: Boulder's Dinner Theatre Presents Heartwarming, Yet Cheeky Performances in THE FULL MONTY
- BWW Reviews: The Aurora Fox Theatre Presents a Spooky Delight with THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW
- BWW Interviews: Denver Center's Judith Hawking on Her Talented Career and Who in Her Mind is THE MOST DESERVING
- BWW Reviews: The Denver Center Theatre Company Presents an Intriguing Insight Into Colorado History with JUST LIKE US
- BWW Reviews: Ignite Theatre Presents a New Remount of AVENUE Q - Even Better the Second Time Around the Block
- BWW Reviews: Curious Theatre's Fascinating Interpersonal Study in AFTER THE REVOLUTION