STAGE TUBE: First Look at Brooke Shields as Morticia in THE ADDAMS FAMILY!
Stage and screen star Brooke Shields will join THE ADDAMS FAMILY in the role of Morticia beginning Tuesday, June 28 at the Lunt Fontanne Theatre (205 West 46th Street). Two-time Tony Award winner Bebe Neuwirth will play her final performance in the role on Sunday, June 26. Ms. Shields will play opposite Roger Rees, who stars as Gomez. Access Hollywood got a first look at the star getting into costume!
In the past decade, Brooke Shields has won rave reviews and has established herself as an acclaimed Broadway musical leading lady with her performances as Ruth in Wonderful Town, Roxie Hart in Chicago and Sally Bowles in Cabaret. Her Broadway debut came in 1994 as Rizzo in Grease, for which she won a Theatre World Award. This past summer she starred with Raul Esparza in Alan Menken's Leap Of Faith at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles. She is currently starring in the new play Girls Talk at theLee Strasberg Theater, also in L.A. She was recently seen in her own show "In My Life" at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency, sharing stories from her incredible journey in show business in an evening that included songs such as "100 Easy Ways to Lose a Man" and "Swing" (both from Wonderful Town), "Me and My Baby" (from Chicago), "Queen Bee" (from the Barbra Streisandversion of A Star Is Born), and a rendition of "Maybe This Time" (from Cabaret).
Shields has received numerous awards and accolades for her extensive repertoire of talents. She was nominated twice for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy, and was also nominated for The American Comedy Awards' Funniest Female Performer in a Television Series Leading Role for her hit comedy show, "Suddenly Susan." She is the recipient of five People's Choice Awards.
A Princeton University, Honors Graduate, Shields is the author of The Brooke Book, On Your Own, Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression, and her first children's book, Welcome To Your World, Baby. She released her second children's book It's the Best Day Ever Dad for Harper Collins.
Based on the bizarre and beloved family of characters created by legendary cartoonist Charles Addams, THE ADDAMS FAMILY features a book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, and music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa. The production is directed and designed (sets and costumes) by Phelim McDermott and Julian Crouch, with creative consultation by Jerry Zaks and choreography by Sergio Trujillo. Lighting design is by Natasha Katz, sound design is by ACME Sound Partners and puppetry is by Basil Twist.
THE ADDAMS FAMILY, now in its second smash year on Broadway, stars Tony Award winner Roger Rees as Gomez; two-time Tony Award winner Bebe Neuwirth as Morticia, Brad Oscar as Fester,Rachel Potter as Wednesday, Jackie Hoffman as Grandma, Zachary James as Lurch, Heidi Blickenstaff as Alice Beineke, Adam Grupper as Mal Beineke and Jesse Swenson as Lucas Beineke.
Click Here to Play!
- STAGE TUBE: THE LION KING Tributes Nelson Mandela on GMA
- STAGE TUBE: Sneak Peek at Berkeley Rep's ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF AN ANARCHIST
- MEGA STAGE TUBE: All the Performances - THE SOUND OF MUSIC LIVE! Starring Carrie Underwood on NBC
- STAGE TUBE: Holly Madison Performs with MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET in Vegas
- STAGE TUBE: Submit Your Sins to Win Prizes for The Second City's A CHRISTMAS CAROL: TWIST YOUR DICKENS! at CTG
- STAGE TUBE: Audra McDonald Sings 'Climb Ev'ry Mountain at CHRISTMAS AT ROCKEFELLAR CENTER
- STAGE TUBE: On This Day 12/6- Ira Gershwin
- STAGE TUBE: On This Day 12/5- MAN OF LA MANCHA
- STAGE TUBE: Behind the Scenes - Kelli O'Hara, Steven Pasquale, Isaiah Johnson and More Record FAR FROM HEAVEN
- STAGE TUBE: Nikki Blonsky Talks Life After HAIRSPRAY on OWN